• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

tesseract mcu upgrade

Durability
The Tesseract only had a small crack after Surtur attacked it with his sword and blast Asgard This should have more durability than H6-A likely 5-B.

Ability
pocket dimension.
The tesseract also appears to be able to create pocket dimensions, where time appears to have no effect on it because it is said to never age
9214932-9a0668c1-7c34-499c-b3b8-c86389109f69.jpeg

Last edited:
Tbh, there would be no issues, we previously had Thanos at Small Star level from scaling to Carol cuz there was no other feat for him to scale to. So this definitely works

Thanos skin and bones has to be tougher then the tesseract or he’d crush his fingers thanos striking strength would be similar to his durability
That was probably the reason why he used his bare hands to shatter Ironman suit like broken glass even though it was resistant to the power stone and moon shard attacks

what if? scaling is a lil iffy but if u guys are fine with the tesseract scaling to the sacred timeline one then i agree with this crt

We can because I invoke the multiversal rule number 43

every universe shares the same history until the split / diverge and the split in this case is Odin keeping the tesseract and ragnarok happening early which does not change the tesseract raw durability
If this is allowed on site then sure, as long as the history align and it wasn't meddled with in any way

I find it hard to scale Thanos above Odin since we have no reason to believe Odin survived the attack from Sutur that hit the tesseract directly and destroyed Asgard and likely Odin too.
This would also scale Thor as relative to Thanos who is considerable stronger than Hela for surviving a direct attack of Surtur and the destruction of Asgard that likely killed Hela

This assumes the Tesseract took the entirety of Surtur's hit, which isn't how surface area works. Asgard blew up far more violently in the episode than it dud in the film, and being that it was rocked to Earth, which is unable vast distance away, Surtur released some of the Tesseract's energy. Point being, the Teseract only took enough force to crack it, with its velocity creating enough kinetic energy to then break it open upon hitting Earth.

This assumes the Tesseract took the entirety of Surtur's hit, which isn't how surface area works. Asgard blew up far more violently in the episode than it dud in the film, and being that it was rocked to Earth, which is unable vast distance away, Surtur released some of the Tesseract's energy. Point being, the Teseract only took enough force to crack it, with its velocity creating enough kinetic energy to then break it open upon hitting Earth.
It took his sword dead on dude we literally see the crack where the sword left

It took his sword dead on dude we literally see the crack where the sword left
Well, yeah. At no point did I claim Surtur didn't hit the Tesseract as shown on screen. What I am claiming is most of Surtur's hit would still end up going into Asgard itself which, for the record, blew up very slowly in the film, compared to the very sudden and much more violent explosion in the episode.

Well, yeah. At no point did I claim Surtur didn't hit the Tesseract as shown on screen. What I am claiming is most of Surtur's hit would still end up going into Asgard itself which, for the record, blew up very slowly in the film, compared to the very sudden and much more violent explosion in the episode.
Dude , its clear the attack fully hit the tesseract and then exploded to destroy Asgard, there is no way it could be more direct than that

Dude , its clear the attack fully hit the tesseract and then exploded to destroy Asgard, there is no way it could be more direct than that
Surtur struck the Tesseract with Twilight. That did indeed happen. The power from Surtur also still ended up destroying Asgard. Because Asgard was not kept from being destroyed, that means the Tesseract did not take all of that energy, but enough energy was transfered into it to crack it. The stab was not arrested. This is my objection to Surtur being far inferior to Thanos

In Thor: Ragnarok, Surtur slowly pushes Twilight deeper and deeper into Asgard, which means the initial hit is far from the calced value this site uses. What we are show is an internal explosion after at least one shove into Asgard. This is my objection to The Tesseract having durability greater than Asgard.

Surtur struck the Tesseract with Twilight. That did indeed happen. The power from Surtur also still ended up destroying Asgard. Because Asgard was not kept from being destroyed, that means the Tesseract did not take all of that energy, but enough energy was transfered into it to crack it. The stab was not arrested. This is my objection to Surtur being far inferior to Thanos

In Thor: Ragnarok, Surtur slowly pushes Twilight deeper and deeper into Asgard, which means the initial hit is far from the calced value this site uses. What we are show is an internal explosion after at least one shove into Asgard. This is my objection to The Tesseract having durability greater than Asgard.
You are talking about AP vs DP, that happens a lot of times characters hit by direct hits and still makes shockwaves that destroy everything around, it doesnt mean the hit directed at the character is is only parcial.

You are talking about AP vs DP, that happens a lot of times characters hit by direct hits and still makes shockwaves that destroy everything around, it doesnt mean the hit directed at the character is is only parcial.
Of course. It's the backbone of power scaling. Characters are sponges, and attacks are simply very tightly packed. My problem is if Surtur still destroyed Asgard, enough of his energy went into it to destroy it, but a mere fraction went into the Tesseract, which inadvertently happens to be consistent with Surtur being scaled higher than Thanos. That said, the energy release from the Tesseract does throw a wrench into things. There's no way to actually quantify what is energy from Surtur and what is from the Tesseract itself. Which is made worse by the fact that Surtur did not in fact destroy Asgard with one stab, but from slowing forcing Twilight into Asgard's core, where it caused a massive explosion that eclipsed Asgard itself.

This us a mess, in my eyes at least.

What no it didn’t he plunged his sword down into Asgard along with the cube meaning his full strike hit the cube
If the Tesseract took the entirety of the hit, Asgard should be untouched. It wasn't, so it didn't.

But I've outlined why it's unclear what is what.

If the Tesseract took the entirety of the hit, Asgard should be untouched. It wasn't, so it didn't.

But I've outlined why it's unclear what is what.
What are you even saying you realize how big the sword is right it took the entirety of the hit along with what ever part of the ground touched the end of his sword

Because it need that durability to withstand that energy like it says right there they didn’t say there’s infinite energy coming from the cube lol
1) wiping out a planet is a vague statement, 2) Banner saying it has this much energy does not mean it does not have infinite energy, which it does. Unless you're claiming it takes more than infinite energy to break the Tesseract, I don't see why this means anything.

What are you even saying you realize how big the sword is right it took the entirety of the hit along with what ever part of the ground touched the end of his sword
That latter bit is my point. The sword tip is huge. The Tesseract, due to its surface area, only took a bit of the power, and because Asgard blew up, it only took a little, but that's not the complete picture as I've already said.

1) wiping out a planet is a vague statement, 2) Banner saying it has this much energy does not mean it does not have infinite energy, which it does. Unless you're claiming it takes more than infinite energy to break the Tesseract, I don't see why this means anything.
Since when can the tesseract provide infinite energy on its own if it did surtur would’ve been one shot lol its incredibly simple their scanners and tech are saying it has the energy to wipe out a planet the other statement says the cube has to be strong enough to withstand that energy

That latter bit is my point. The sword tip is huge. The Tesseract, due to its surface area, only took a bit of the power, and because Asgard blew up, it only took a little, but that's not the complete picture as I've already said.
The tip hit the cube dead center and kept going all the way until it hit the ground you’re spouting nonsense now Asgard blowing up doesn’t make it take less the strike that blows Asgard up in the first is what it took then it survives the destruction of Asgard on top of it

Of course. It's the backbone of power scaling. Characters are sponges, and attacks are simply very tightly packed. My problem is if Surtur still destroyed Asgard, enough of his energy went into it to destroy it, but a mere fraction went into the Tesseract, which inadvertently happens to be consistent with Surtur being scaled higher than Thanos. That said, the energy release from the Tesseract does throw a wrench into things. There's no way to actually quantify what is energy from Surtur and what is from the Tesseract itself. Which is made worse by the fact that Surtur did not in fact destroy Asgard with one stab, but from slowing forcing Twilight into Asgard's core, where it caused a massive explosion that eclipsed Asgard itself.

This us a mess, in my eyes at least.
Did Hulk only took a fraction of the hulkbuster power here
main-qimg-172f7dbdb8d3fb6eecd4956681c814f9

"If there is energy left to break the buildings then it wasnt full power"
Dont talk abou that, this is very clear direct AP that was turned into DP from the contact

Like this dude wants to debunk this so bad and defend surtur that he doesn’t even make sense the cube took the full ap simple as that there shouldn’t be anything to argue

Did Hulk only took a fraction of the hulkbuster power here
main-qimg-172f7dbdb8d3fb6eecd4956681c814f9

"If there is energy left to break the buildings then it wasnt full power"
Dont talk abou that, this is very clear direct AP that was turned into DP from the contact
Well, we know how much energy Hulk can generally pack into a punch, so the insignificant portion would be the energy that traveled trough the air.

Back