• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terrifying Super AI fights a terrifying Multiversal Empire (AM vs The Combine)

Yes, I know that the supercomputer is absolutely smarter than the Combine and the latter has more resources than the former. But until I can more accurately quantify who would dominate who, I'll settle on these conditions for 2 human race-obliterating entities.

Conditions: The Combine has at least 2 months of preparation. SBA otherwise in other conditions unspecified.

HATE.: 1

Our Benefactors: 4

They both stalemate and make a terrifying alliance (incon):

Last edited:
With that kind of prep time, I don't see any way AM could win. 2 years is a lot of time, and look at how well the combine dominated earth in canon. They're definitely capable of doing so again. Even if AM let off every nuke in the world they had access to, the combine has a lot of manpower, and they can easily bait out limited attacks like that and then go in after all the 7-A attacks have been used.

With that kind of prep time, I don't see any way AM could win. 2 years is a lot of time, and look at how well the combine dominated earth in canon. They're definitely capable of doing so again. Even if AM let off every nuke in the world they had access to, the combine has a lot of manpower, and they can easily bait out limited attacks like that and then go in after all the 7-A attacks have been used.
TBH, idk how speed equalized would work here since I'm also banking on the fact that AM can hold out by using their more intelligent, versatile abilities.

AM is a superintelligent AI; can't AM just hack into the combine's stuff, or do some magical reshaping landscape stuff? Or do I need to change the conditions to favor AM?

Giving no prior knowledge and only maybe like, a month or a few months of prep time might be better. If they know about AM's hacking they would surely just prep really strong/resilient systems. Combine with that much prep time AND prior knowledge could overcome a hell of a lot.

Giving no prior knowledge and only maybe like, a month or a few months of prep time might be better. If they know about AM's hacking they would surely just prep really strong/resilient systems. Combine with that much prep time AND prior knowledge could overcome a hell of a lot.
The combine's prior advantages are reduced to at least 2 months of prep (could be argued to be higher, but arguing for the bare minimum of 2 months of prep is still technically valid)

1 - defend the first atack
2 - take the rests of the combine tecnology and any survivors
3 - Reverse engenier their wepons
4 - Reverse emgenier the combines biology
5 - use the ingormation You just got to enter the combine empire systens
6 - wait for next atack
7 - take control of their tecnology
8 - Kill all the combine and put clones on their place
9 - Sent the clone army back
10 - You are now on their system and their society
11 - Start a civil war in the combine society
12 - use this time to become even more powerfull
13 - Invade what is left of the combine society

6 - wait for next atack
So that's how you propose how AM is most likely to win? Does the Combine have any wincons? Like taking over Earth faster than AM could keep up? AM does have below average human attacks, and the combine has a lot of resources at their disposal.

So that's how you propose how AM is most likely to win? Does the Combine have any wincons? Like taking over Earth faster than AM could keep up? AM does have below average human attacks, and the combine has a lot of resources at their disposal.
Ye, basically just goig all out on the start and they win before AM can adapt, so It all depends on how Combine atacks, on waves? Send smaller troops first and gradually send stronger ones?

I would say that AM should need at least 3 to 5 months to actually be able to reverse engenier their tecnology, at this point he just hacks into combine technology and does what AM does best

If Combine send a too big of a fleet or new fleets with increasig numbers every week or somethig like that they probable win

Ye, basically just goig all out on the start and they win before AM can adapt, so It all depends on how Combine atacks, on waves? Send smaller troops first and gradually send stronger ones?

I would say that AM should need at least 3 to 5 months to actually be able to reverse engenier their tecnology, at this point he just hacks into combine technology and does what AM does best

If Combine send a too big of a fleet or new fleets with increasig numbers every week or somethig like that they probable win
AM while the extent of how he wiped out most of humanity is unknown. But AM did have all of the tech of its era and had superhuman intelligence when it wiped out humanity. It would be reasonable to assume that AM used intelligence primarily to wipe out humanity.

The Combine relies on raw technological and resource superiority.

Having effortlessly taken over multiple home planets like Earth are better feats than what AM has done with Earth, making me lean more to the Combine since they have more experience dealing with a variety of alien threats. The Combine has the capability to adapt to AM, but has the Combine dealt with an entity as intelligent as AM?

AM while the extent of how he wiped out most of humanity is unknown. But AM did have all of the tech of its era and had superhuman intelligence when it wiped out humanity. It would be reasonable to assume that AM used intelligence primarily to wipe out humanity.

The Combine relies on raw technological and resource superiority.

Having effortlessly taken over multiple home planets like Earth are better feats than what AM has done with Earth, making me lean more to the Combine since they have more experience dealing with a variety of alien threats. The Combine has the capability to adapt to AM, but has the Combine dealt with an entity as intelligent as AM?
Well, inteligence is limited to resources, AM would still need to understand concepts and tecnology exteenely above the human resources what would take time, if what You said about Combine is true I can see them beig able to overpower AM by numbers and agression before It can learn everything It need to use the combine technology against them and hack into their systens

Voting combine

Well, inteligence is limited to resources, AM would still need to understand concepts and tecnology exteenely above the human resources what would take time, if what You said about Combine is true I can see them beig able to overpower AM by numbers and agression before It can learn everything It need to use the combine technology against them and hack into their systens

Voting combine
Counted.

So could AM do anything against the Combine, it would most likely try to nuke the combine whenever it gets the chance to, or it could cause earthquakes and the like.

And i think that AM is way more intelligent than the combine in every way, it would most likely think of a plan to catch the combine off guard or make some sort of trap or bait.

So could AM do anything against the Combine, it would most likely try to nuke the combine whenever it gets the chance to, or it could cause earthquakes and the like.
never thought I'd see you on my threads

AM is superintelligent. It can do what Justanormallemon said...
6 - wait for next atack
Going back to Sans2345...
Defend against the first onslaught, learn their superior tech, and then outsmart them eventually (dumbed down version though, but that's what would happen).

Also, Humanity has tried it's nukes on the Combine and failed, though there's no portal storms here and I'm not knowledgable in Half-life/Portal verse. So I don't know how valid/invalid this argument is.

Honestly, i'm leaning towards AM here, it could think of a master plan that completely messes up their weapons, technology, vehicles and the like, then it could easily kill what is left of the Combine, also the combine has very crappy teleportation technology so that's one of their weaknesses.

For those reasons, i'm voting for AM.

Honestly, i'm leaning towards AM here, it could think of a master plan that completely messes up their weapons, technology, vehicles and the like, then it could easily kill what is left of the Combine, also the combine has very crappy teleportation technology so that's one of their weaknesses.

For those reasons, i'm voting for AM.
I mean, do they need to use teleportation here? Just sent onslaught on onslaught of fleets and eventually overwhelm AM

I mean, do they need to use teleportation here? Just sent onslaught on onslaught of fleets and eventually overwhelm AM
What good would that do against a intelligent supercomputer for all we know, AM could easily screw up with their technology making it completely broken and unusable.

They would need to have a way of getting their troops to AM.
I assume that would use their teleportation technology, i believe AM would most likely mess with their teleportation before messing with their vehicles and weaponry making them completely defenseless, also, it would most likely mess with their striders and hunters.

I assume that would use their teleportation technology, i believe AM would most likely mess with their teleportation before messing with their vehicles and weaponry making them completely defenseless, also, it would most likely mess with their striders and hunters.
Proof that it can just do that?
AM wiped out its version of humanity (Whose capabilities are unknown but likely comparable to real life humanity) and took over Earth in an unknown amount of time while the Combine defeated and enslaved humanity (The same humanity that achieved Zero Point Energy and localized Portal Creation, technology that not even the Combine can achieve) in a mere 7 hours, drained all of the Earth's resources in the span of 20 years, and having done the same to countless other universes (Keep in mind the army that conquered Earth is just a speck of dust compared to their total military prowess). AM's main weakness here is that it is confined to a single planet as far as we know. There's nothing stopping the Combine from just building a planet destroying superweapon and using Earth as its testing ground.

Last edited:
With sufficient time, AM could figure out the Combine's tech, the big thing here is that AM hasn't done the extent of the Combine's feats in-canon. Even with AM's intelligence, it's still going to take AM some time to reverse engineer or learn the Combine's technology.

With sufficient time, AM could figure out the Combine's tech, the big thing here is that AM hasn't done the extent of the Combine's feats in-canon. Even with AM's intelligence, it's still going to take AM some time to reverse engineer or learn the Combine's technology.
Exactly, also the combines are rentles, evenrually they just send a army to big for AM to deal with

Back