• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terraria Moon Move Feat Calc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
Since I wasn't sure if Moving the Moon was just Moon Level, I decided to do a rough cacl to see that.

Well first of all, the Moon when zoomed in is about 7 times bigger than normal Moon, so the distance (usually 384 403 KM away) is 7 times smaller, 5491 KM away now, which means that in about 2 seconds, the moon was pulled 356 946 KM, which means 178 473 KM per seconds, making it Relat+. The Moon weight 73 430 000 000 000 000 000 Tons. Using Relat mass increase this gives 84789660533188437645000000 KG. Moving such weight at such speed gives out 1.3503860677986835e+42 Joules, Star Level. Noice.

Also, there is a highballing cacl using the speed of lighting, I don't know if that would count as stat scaling but here it is.

A lighting in Terraria moves at like 30 meters per in-game seconds, and lighting usually takes 0.00029 seconds to do so. Since the Moon thingy lasted 2 second, it means that the moon was moved 356 946 KM in 0.00058 seconds, giving 307 712 068 KM per second, which is 1026 time light, MFTL+.

We cannot uses the second one for DC, since FTL speed and all, tho I tried with the usual method and it gave Solar System, 3.47^45 Joules. Probably not usable since again FTL Kinetic energy but eh, it's here.

The speed of the Moon could possibly scale to the Player, since it corresond to the Tower's Attack Speed, and the Terraria dodges all of their attacks with quite ease.

Using in-game seconds for really short time frames usually leads to highly inflated results and isn't applicable. Also, it's a titanic outlier on top of that. If we counted that, we'd have to start counting MFTL League of Legends, Elder Scrolls, Legend of Zelda, etc. And no one wants that. I don't think that part's legit to be honest.

Large Planet level, however? Looks feasible enough. Let's get some more input, first, however, I'm not the law by any means...

Leona's Solar Flare, and Elder Scrolls/Legend of Zelda's "shooting an arrow into the sun in seconds."

Well to be fair the Moon thingy can happen at the same time as the lighting strike, effectively accomplishing it before the lighting can strike the ground but yeah.

Also..Link to what?

To the event actually occurring in the first place. The one you are calcing? That is, if you can find a video of it.

This also may or may not be calc stacking , but to be honest I'd rather not even go too far into that.

Poradnik Terraria 1.3 - Monoliths Ancient Manipulator - Pillars Filary - Terraria 1
Poradnik Terraria 1.3 - Monoliths Ancient Manipulator - Pillars Filary - Terraria 1.3

Starting at 0:52.
Well, again the highest feats could be outlier, but we are talking about the God Tier of the verse, whose the games loves to hype up to ridiculous level but yeah it possibly is.

Again, this is not exactly using game seconds, since the Moon-moving feat can happen at the same time of a lighting strike, and happen within said time frame.

DontTalk said:
can I get to see the feat in question.
Some context to it would be nice as well.
You know I kinda posted a video of it earlier on this thread. Just scrolls up a bit, that's the best video I could find.

For context, like anything in Terraria context it thrown off the window, all we know is that some Lunatic Cultist summons a bunch of living towers that apparently pulls the moon down the earth. If you kill them, you can uses a tiny portion of their powers to makes an item to do such things on command. The Moon just really comes closer to the Earth, appearing bigger.

hmm... Well for the speed thing scaling and such is no good. In the end if its not the exact attack, that is that high, that is dodged it doesn´t scale.

About the planet level calc: The calc itself seems good, but I would be careful about who I scale it to. Rituals and stuff can be independent from normal attacks, so when otherwise nothing at least close to this was demonstrated and it was not said to be something that is a strength feat for the specific character I would be careful with who it applys to and who it scales to.

So for example if the player can not use the item that draws in the moon to attack I would not scale it to the player (also stats without the specific item should be mentioned as well, as it isn´t standard equip as far as I understand).

Well I'm pretty sure it would scale, the Towers themselves actually fight back somewhat, tho they mainly uses summoned monsters to fight. And there is the thing with the Moon Lord being above them, and the player who uses their own power to makes weapons and armor (the same power used to make the on-command Moon moving).

Well, I have watched Terraria a bit now, and I would wonder if there is anything even close to it.

Honestly the player and other monster seemed wall level or something. Is there anything else that supports even remotely anything close to this power? (I do not use that word often, but it seems a bit like an outlier to me, on the few glances I now had at the game)

And is it actually stated that the moon is drawn closer? The moon lord in its bossfight makes the sky entirely black, so I do not really know what I should believe concerning background changes.

And if the towers (plural right?) did it together isn´t it quite possible for each of them to be weaker.

Lastly creating a device with high energy output doesn´t require the one making it have that much energy. See every weapon and building device humanity use basically.

The game itself doesn't have much feat, because destroy more than a building in a Sandbox game would ruin everything. There is the Wall of Flesh who just Terrafom the heck out of your Island, which hosts multiples Mountains btw. The Destroyer, who has been cacled at Mountain Level through Kinetic Energy from matching a lighting timer, some items that just change the Moon's face completely, and the end game has tons of baseless statement like items having the power of a galaxy, hitting with the fury of the sun and such things.

Also Considering the upper Tier of Terraria are pretty much featless without this, I'd say it would be weird to have it as an outlier.

The Moon Lord doesn't have nothing to do with the feat except for scaling, it's the Celestial Towers that comes before it that does the feats.

And it's not like they need each others to do it, as they can do it alone. The Moon pulling is a bit weird tho, it seems like they are each pulling the Moon near them, with the moon having its own color for each tower and such, so it's possibly a different planet rather than the moon, but since it is called the Lunar Event, along with things all being releated to the moon, it's more likely to be the moon.

Well again, the Player kills said things with ease and took their everything to makes weapons.

You miscalculated Distance a bit. 384 403 KM/ 7 = 54914.71 not 5491.

Shouldn´t change the overall value in the end.

Well, I am indecisive about it. I will hightlight the thread in the hope for it to get some imput, else I might just ask some other staff members for their opinion.

Well, given that I really don´t know better and that the characters seemed to be scaled of the feat to this point without anyone complaining, I believe you can scale it to them.

Done it. Well, if you don't mind, could ya check for the Star Level Touhou thread again? Kinda need some veridict somewhere.

"A lighting in Terraria moves at like 30 meters per in-game seconds"

Did you measure this using one block equaling 1 meter? Just so you know, 1 Terraria Block = 2 feet or 0.6 meters (can be proven by items which display distance, eg. Depth Meter). I'm not sure if you used 1 meter or 2 feet but I see many people making this mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back