• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
In the game, there is an event called the "Solar Eclipse". However, it clearly isn't a regular, IRL eclipse, as the moon is automatically moved from its spot to be in front of the Sun, its appearance causes monsters to pop out and it can actually be summoned manually

However, these eclipses specifically only happen after one of the Mechanical Bosses has been defeated, much like how the spread of the Corruption is slowed after Plantera's defeat, how the Lunatic Cultist can spawn after the Golem's demise or how Hardmode is triggered after the Wall of Flesh's death.

This would imply that the Mechanical Bosses can stop the Solar Eclipses from happening with their mere presence. Do note that they can also nullify any attempts to manually summon an Eclipse.

As the KE for this would be way too into FTL, this would only mean Moon level for the Mechanical Bosses. I think it's same to backward scale to the Wall of Flesh and the Ancient Spirits. However, the backward scale for Skeletron and Queen Bee should be dropped. After all, the Wall of Flesh has far more plot hype than a mere Bee, so it would make sense for it to scale.

In short:

Skeletron & Queen Bee: At least 7-C, likely far higher

Wall of Flesh & Ancient Spirits: Likely 5-C

Mechanical Bosses: 5-C

Plantera: At least 5-C, possibly far higher

Are we sure this isn't just game progression? Gating content behind prior bosses is commonplace, even if the content itself isn't necessarily harder.

I'm not sure about jumping clean from 6-C to 5-C out of a possibly game-mechanics based assumption. I want to see what others have to say about this.

While it is game progression, such progression in Terraria are directly influenced by bosses being beaten. The Wall of Flesh releases the Ancient Spirits into the world, kickstarting hardmode, beating the Golem allows the Cultists to appear and beating the Cultists summons the Celestial Pillars.

Even then, the bosses outright prevents manual activation of Lunar Eclipses, meaning you can't summon one when they're alive.

Yeah I know how the progression goes, I have like 300+ hours in the game lol. I'm just worried about this because if the mere presence of the prior boss limits the next boss, it would imply that the Mechanical Bosses are stronger than Plantera and the like, which we know to be false.

I mean only Bulbs starts to appear after the Death of the bosses, not Plantera. It depends how the progression is done but pretty sure that the mechanical bosses don't "limit" Plantera.

But the bulbs are the key to summoning Plantera. What makes it different than the Solar Eclipses? I am open to argument, I just don't want to shove them into a huge upgrade undeservedly.

The Bulbs are just something that triggers Plantera once destroyed, not Plantera itself. If their death makes these grow it doesn't make them stronger than Plantera. The connection between other such things like the WoF and the Mechanical bosses are less clear but can be assumed to be similar.

Beside the bosses' death doesn't just let Eclipses happens. Before that, it's literally impossible to trigger one. So it's definitively linked to them, not just a coincidence.

Isn't the Lunatic Cultist held back by the Golem? If its not I'm just worried that this is just a series of boss-unlocks with the Solar Eclipse thing just being a byproduct of content being locked behind bosses.

It's not explictly stated but it's likely the best explanation, given the whole Sun Cult vs Moon Cult thing.

Assuming that post-boss contents are just a coincidence works only with stuff like "By the time you beat the boss, X happened" or coincidences, but the Solar Eclipse is much more strongly linked than that, as eclipses just plain can't happen with them around. I think it's better to assume that the Robots are related to it than all of this being a huge coincidence.

considering that they need all of the three of them to stay alive to stop the solar eclipse, low 5-C may be better

"low 5-C" aint a thing tho

its either just 5-c

or a higher degree of multi continent (high 6-a)

You have been blessed with this bump (because srsly this thread wasn't actually finished just yet and it needs some love from its forgotten participators and others willing to throw their hat into the ring)

On the topic of Low 5-C, why doesn't it exist? I heard it's because it "overlaps" with High 6-A but I don't see why we can't split a part of High 6-A into Low 5-C, given the fact that High 6-A's low-to-high ratio is ~6674x, which makes it far more vast than any of the lower tiers. (Except for 9-B's 4184x ratio). I don't see why we couldn't spit it into two, except for the fact that it'd be practically impossible to correct every case of High 6-A up until now. (Sorry for going on a tangent lul)

As for the original argument, I don't think the 5-C bump would be that bad to the progression. I think it would actually be good seeing as Planetra is High 6-C while Golem is High 5-A (massive difference), when it's actually common to find Golem an easier boss to beat in-game, even with the same gear sometimes. 7-C -> 6-C -> 5-C -> High 5-A seems a better transition than 7-C -> 6-C -> Estimated High 6-C -> High 5-A.

Wall of Flesh needs more discussion though, it probably stays better at 6-C.

(I have 900 hours in Terraria in case it matters)

I would be fine leaving the WoF & Co at 6-C, given that you go from Molten Armor and skip 2 armor sets before fighting the Mechanical Bosses.

Since I doubt anyone else would have any major points to add, can we go on with the upgrades?

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I would be fine leaving the WoF & Co at 6-C, given that you go from Molten Armor and skip 2 armor sets before fighting the Mechanical Bosses.
Since I doubt anyone else would have any major points to add, can we go on with the upgrades?
for me is good

Don't forget Spazmatism can far outspeed the Terarrian, its flames are immune to water, pierce fire armor, and the Destroyer can not only shake the ground from far below the surface but penetrte Lizhard Brick which can withstand explosions, plus it's maybe 600 feet long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back