• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terraria some new powers and resistances

There are a lot more powers I think are missing though that’ll take me a while to gather, this is just to cover the ones that I think really need to be there. This also covers every resistance I can find and tries to cover every power I found in Terraria’s big lore post, but there is one big thing I’m leaving out for now. I think the gods need their own discussion and I’ll make that later. As for now:

The Terrarian should have mid regeneration. Brain scramblers are stated to be attacking your brain with radiation, this is why they wear protective helmets, to protect their own brains. This means the Terrarian can heal from having his brain damaged by radiation. Brain suckers are also stated to directly attack your brain and to damage their functions and the Terrarian can heal from this.

They should also have Supernatural Willpower because they can fight normally even while terrified (wall of flesh debuff), under extreme amounts of pain (the text before the moonlord shows up says your in agonizing pain), on fire, and while missing limbs and most of his face (nurse statements), also he can laugh off a blown off arm as stated by the demolitionist.

They should have Immortality (Type 2), for being able to fight while having their brain damaged and while missing a multitude of limbs.

Much more importantly, and I have no clue why this isn’t the case, Terrarian should have all the powers of the corruption and hallow. He can spread the corruption and hallow with powders in prehardmode and with the Clentaminator, and can weaponize it with holy water and unholy water. So even if we don’t count the spreading it, he uses it as a weapon.

The Terrarian should also have holy manipulation due to holy water.
Purification: He can purify the Tax Collector turning him from a demon to a normal man.

The Terrarian should have resistance to heat manipulation because they can fight in hell which is hot enough to vaporize a two foot by two foot block of water. Should point out only 2 foot by 2 foot vaporizes instantly, more water takes longer to vaporize.

This is a big possibly but the electrified debuff says you can’t move due to being electrocuted but you can move ingame, you only take a lot damage from it. So I’m not sure if this should be limited resistance to electricity based paralysis or not, I would understand if people said no.

The corruption should get either empathy, morality, or mind manipulation because it is stated to have corrupted the friendly desert spirits’ minds making them hostile towards life.

The Terrarian would have resistance to this.

And before people pointing out the Terrarian does not resist confusion (without equipment), confusion only comes from mind manipulation once. The Brain of Confusion forces it through mind manipulation. The brain scrambler causes it from radiation and the Bee Keeper sword causes it through poison. For feral bite it should just be changed to status effect inducement because it has zero hints to why it happens there (this would affect Duke Fishron). This means if the corruption has mind manipulation the Terrarian resisting it won’t be a contradiction (I’ll talk about the Brain of Cthulhu later but I believe he should scale to the crimson because he helps spread it)

The Terrarian should also have resistance to morality manipulation because he can disperse the effects of peace candles which makes even corruption beings more peaceful (beings made from pure malice).

More support for empathic manipulation resistance is that the Terrarian can disperse the effects of the happy and angry buffs at will.

The Lunatic Cultist should also have madness manipulation (Type 3) because in this lore post he drove all the people in the dungeon so mad that they continued to live past death. The dungeon inhabitants can hit the Terrarian with their curses and he doesn’t lose his mind, so he’ll have resistance.

Last resistance but I’m not sure about it: resistance to possession was removed because the Terrarian slayed Skeletron before entering the dungeon and he isn’t stated to possess people, but skeletron isn’t the curse. The Moonlord’s bones made the curse and that is stated to possess people.

Now for the bosses: Some if not all of them should resist the abilities of the corruption and hallow. The ones that absolutely do are: The Eater of Worlds (He’s made from the corruption and constantly lives in it), the Brain of Cthulhu (It lives in the crimson at all times which has the same properties as the corruption), the Moonlord (The Brain of Cthulhu is parts of its brain), the Queen Slime (It constantly lives in the Hallow and absorbed part of it), and the Empress of Light (Constantly lives in the hallow). Finally the Wall of Flesh has the ancient spirits of light and darkness sealed within them, so they should have resistance to it.

For the rest and more support for the ones I think should have it, all the bosses can enter the corruption with no ill effects. Bosses sometimes can only be summoned in certain locations and react and fight differently if they go to others. As shown by Duke bosses have flee mechanics (and bosses that flee when it becomes day). So majority of the bosses can be summoned in the corruption and none of them flee when you enter it despite npcs like the Dryad fleeing (a person with resistance to it). You can also hit bosses with unholy (corrupted) water as a weapon and they aren’t corrupted. I think they have enough of a reason to resist, at least possibly resist for the ones that don’t constantly live in it. And while you could argue enemies can also go in there and don’t get corrupted, enemies aren’t programmed to interact with locations and scenarios like bosses do. Multiple bosses enrage or flee upon going to specific locations, so they canonically interact with different places, unlike with enemies that’ll go literally anywhere. Like bunnies can walk into the corruption despite bunnies canonically being easily corrupted (in lore specific instances like blood moons bunnies are instantly turned evil so the game clearly cares about this stuff). However if these resistances should just be a possibly I’m perfectly fine with that.

The Moonlord and Brain of Cthulhu should also have all the corruption’s powers as the Brian is stated to help spread the crimson.

The moonlord should have curse manipulation because his bones created a curse.

Though note I also think the Moonlord should have a prime key and the new powers will be in that key because the body parts that do these powers are no longer apart of the Moonlord after they were torn off.

Unrelated to the rest of the revision but I noticed the Terrarian’s range was downgraded without a word. My biggest problem was that it wasn’t even downgraded to anything now it just varies with no top range. Even if we don’t count the space biome as being as far as space (despite that nuking both 5-C and high 5-A Terrarian because that means the planet would be smaller than Earth so the Moon would also be smaller), the Terrarian can still shoot across the entire map and that’s 5km in game. And based off the backgrounds it’s vastly further. So the Terrarian should still have kilometers, at worst, as his range without teleportation.

That’s all for now though I have a lifting strength and speed revision planned for the future, but I need to get my lifting strengths either evaluated or redone before I make that).

Though I may also talk about this here: I think Golem, Duke, and the Martian Madness event should be possibly Dwarf Star level. Golem massively upscales from the Wall of Flesh and is fought right before the lunatic cultist. And you don’t gain any armors from Golem to the Moonlord so you need equipment from Golem to fight them. Duke is supposed to be fought at the same time as the lunatic cultist. Either you fight the cultist or you fight Duke with all of Duke’s equipment being comparable to the rest of the lunar equipment (Not end game post Moonlord though).

If this should be it’s own thread so we can focus purely on the powers let me know.

Last edited:
This is a big possibly but the electrified debuff says you can’t move due to being electrocuted but you can move ingame, you only take a lot damage from it. So I’m not sure if this should be limited resistance to electricity based paralysis or not, I would understand if people said no
This is really one of the only things I'm neutral on if anything other than that I agree with the Calamity mod pfp guy above

Yeah the electrification I’m not too sure on myself. But to make it clear why I have it in the op: With the debuff you are fully being electrocuted and the debuffs says you shouldn’t be able to move. Usually people would be fully paralyzed from that but the Terrarian can still move, just with great difficulty.

Just thought about this, so sorry for not having it in my last comment. With the corruption effecting the desert spirits minds’ would that be morality, empathic, or mind manipulation. They are naturally friendly, but turn hostile after corruption, which would suggest either morality or empathic. But this happens because their mind is corrupted and the corruptions only goals are too kill and spread so it forcing them to kill via controlling their minds would also work in this scenario. So I don’t know which one interpretation is most accurate here.

Bump. Just want to say I’m soon going to be busy with an exam so hopefully this thread doesn’t pick up around that time.

Sorry for being gone so long I had an exam. I asked a DMUA to see this thread since he’s staff and made the last big revision for terraria, but he hasn’t responded. So I should probably get another staff member tomorrow. Unfortunately I have work tomorrow and my job is really adamant against phones, so I’m going to be completely dead.

Though I do want to bring up Terraria is getting a new big crossover soon so that could add some pretty interesting stuff. I need to gather up all the powers and equipment I can find in 1.4 and beyond and make a list out of them for a future thread.

I took a small break off this site. I'll go get a staff member now and see if this thread can at least gain a bit of steam.

Last edited:
Heeeeey I forgot.

I'm here.

Give me a bit.

Gonna go straight down the line.

• Mid Regen: Disagree, maybe add it as a "possibly". That reasoning seems finnicky and would be better if we could get a visual of the damage being done. We can't, though. So I can agree with possibly.
  • Supernatural Willpower: Disagree, pretty sure we as humans can fight while terrified out of our minds. We do it all the time, this phenomenon is called "war".
  • Immortality (Type 2): What limbs? I disagree with this as part of the brain thing, possibly is fine with that. But even fighting without limbs is not indicative of Immortality (Type 2).
  • Powers of Corruption and Crimson and shit: Ehhhhh. Agree, but tentatively. Optional equipment, obviously.
  • Holy Manip and Purification: Agreed.
  • Resistance to Heat Manip: Iffy on this. You can catch on fire easy from normal fire. Granted, water boils at 100 C and fire burns at well above this, so perhaps this is still fine.
  • Resistance to Paralysis: Absolutely not, no.
  • Corruption Getting Morality Manip: Iffy on this one too. I feel a lot of this is covered by just "Corruption". Of the three, Morality Manip seems the most on-point, though.
  • Resistance to Empathy/Etc: Dispersing buffs in this instance means just... clicking them and turning them off, yeah? I'd argue that's a wee bit too game mechanic-y to really justify. Disagree with this one.
  • Madness Manip for Lunatic Cultist: I'm fairly sure we had a discussion recently about not using online threads as justification. Disagree.
  • Resistance to Possession: This seems obscure and we're not really sure of the mechanics of it. Disagree.
  • Resistance to Corruption and Hallow: Why do these guys resist the Hallow, though? You're linking the two biomes together even though one overwrites the other. I don't fully agree with this. Further, fuckloads of things can enter the Hallow/Corruption and not be corrupted. This, too, seems awfully game-mechanics based.
  • Curse Manip for Moon Lord: Can you link the statement? I'm not familiar with it.
  • Range: I agree, Space should be considered normal space range imo. Also aye, at minimum we should consider his max range Several kilometers based on the overworld. Not that you can aim that far, but projectiles can sail from one end to the other.
  • Golem, Duke, Martians scaling to Moonlord: Disagree. Moon Lord is objectively after them, their equipment drops can be damned.

• Immortality (Type 2): What limbs? I disagree with this as part of the brain thing, possibly is fine with that. But even fighting without limbs is not indicative of Immortality (Type 2).
"You left your arm over there. Let me get that for you..."

-Nurse NPC

“Madness Manip for Lunatic Cultist: I'm fairly sure we had a discussion recently about not using online threads as justification. Disagree.”

This isn’t a random discussion thread though. That’s literally terraria’s big lore post. They specifically changed a lot of things in game to match it. Like the map creation is entirely based on it.

The regeneration is stated to happen by the nurse and demolitish. By your logic the Terrarian shouldn’t even have low mid regeneration and it would just be a possibly. A shit ton of games don’t show the damage but we give them mid regeneration for the character being stabbed or shot through the head. This isn’t even a gameplay thing, the lore says they are shooting you in the brain with radiation, this isn’t a guess based on gameplay, it’s a direct statement.

What even is type 2 immortality of being completely uneffected by missing limbs and having your brain functions stop don’t count? Like the missing arm I can understand, but the Brain Sucker is stated to literally be shutting down your brain and the Terrarian still fights like nothing happened.

Good to see you ignored every other reason for why I listed they have supernatural willpower. Also on this site we assume if you are effect by fear manipulate you immediately lose and crap yourself. The supernatural willpower the Terrarian has prevents this as he’s shown to fight completely fine.

The bosses won’t scale directly to the moonlord. They don’t even backscale from him, they backscale from the Lunatic Cultist. They are fought vastly after the Wall of Flesh, and are either fought right before or at the same time as when you would fight the lunatic.

We give the corruption soul manipulation for corrupting the soul, so it should get mind manipulation for corrupting the mind. That or it shouldn’t have soul manipulation since by your words it would just be corruption. (Though it could morality manipulation, I think that should be it’s own discussion, but personally I think mind makes more sense because that’s what is stated to be corrupted)

We already give the Terrarian empathic manipulation resist for dispersing the love potion (and it not doing anything to him) though.

It should be the same with the peace candles. The Terrarian doesn’t act any different and they can disperse it.

Why would the Terrarian getting the powers of the corruption be tentative. He can literally use it as a weapon and can spread it in a multitude of ways. Everything the Terrarian has is optional since the game never gives you anything.

The corruption and hallow are obviously different things, I don’t know how you thought I were saying they were. I meant the bosses can enter both. I explained why I think enemies entering shouldn’t be treated the same as bosses. Bosses actually react to the environments there in. Many bosses become enraged when in specific areas and many bosses have flee mechanics, yet none of the bosses flee when they enter the corruption or hallow. Also if the bosses didn’t resist that means the player with Holy or Unholy Water would be able to completely screw them up immediately. It would make no sense for that to one shot the bosses. The Brain of Cthulhu isn’t from the Crimson yet it constantly lives in it at all times, while even the dryad flees from it (and she can somewhat resist)

I explained in a comment why I think the paralysis should be possibly, I’ll copy it here soon.

I’ll also get the Moonlord’s curse manipulation.

I can understand with saying no to the possession but you gave the weirdest reason ever, it’s obscure?, why does that matter in any way. It’s not even obscure you just missed the lore talking about it (shown by how you need me to link the moonlord curse stuff that has to do with the possession).

Edit: Ok so the curse statement was different then I remembered. The moonlord still would have curse manipulation and possession but I think the Terrarian killing Skeletron dispersed it because the curse was stated to guard the dungeon and the DG no longer spawns after you killed him.

The disembodied bones of a former tyrant pulsed with a hatred so strong, it left behind a mighty curse which guards the Dungeon.”

Note the tyrant is the Moonlord, they refer to him as that a lot throughout the bestiary.

Also here’s a more in depth reason for the paralysis resistance: “the electrification I’m not too sure on myself. But to make it clear why I have it in the op: With the debuff you are fully being electrocuted and the debuffs says you shouldn’t be able to move. Usually people would be fully paralyzed from that but the Terrarian can still move, just with great difficulty.”

To make it clearer what happens when a person is engulf in electricity in real life, they can’t move. The game refers to this saying you shouldn’t be able to move, but the Terrarian still can move it just hurts really badly.

Last edited:
Oh wait I just remembered even more justification for empathic resistance. All the npcs during Blood moons become pissed yet the Terrarian is also uneffected.

that's more Biological Manipulation Resistance since the blood's moon effect is most likely menstruations considering only female, adult NPCs are affected, and you know, Blood Moon

I thought the males were also somewhat effected (though now that I think about it, I need to recheck the dialogue. The blood moon can also effect rabbits and other npcs biologically so that’s consistent (And disgusting)

Yeah, I checked.

Though I’m mainly making this comment to say I’m school right now so I’ll probably be gone for an hour. I have my laptop so I may comment a bit here and there, but I’m going to be busy.

"You left your arm over there. Let me get that for you..."

-Nurse NPC
That seems more joking than anything else, given you can see your arm still on your sprite when she says that.

That seems more joking than anything else, given you can see your arm still on your sprite when she says that.
What, there’s like 5 lines of dialogue from the nurse saying you have missing limbs and half of them are clearly serious. The demolish also has a line saying he blew your arm off.

The Brain Suckler and Brian Scambler come from lore statements, not gameplay, and both say they are attacking your brain directly. The Brain Suckler is even stated to be distributing your brain functions.

Also just know it is like 2 am where I am and I have work for most the day tomorrow (work that absolutely won’t let me comment here), so unfortunately I need to be gone for practically a whole day.

“Madness Manip for Lunatic Cultist: I'm fairly sure we had a discussion recently about not using online threads as justification. Disagree.”

This isn’t a random discussion thread though. That’s literally terraria’s big lore post. They specifically changed a lot of things in game to match it. Like the map creation is entirely based on it.

The regeneration is stated to happen by the nurse and demolitish. By your logic the Terrarian shouldn’t even have low mid regeneration and it would just be a possibly. A shit ton of games don’t show the damage but we give them mid regeneration for the character being stabbed or shot through the head. This isn’t even a gameplay thing, the lore says they are shooting you in the brain with radiation, this isn’t a guess based on gameplay, it’s a direct statement.

What even is type 2 immortality of being completely uneffected by missing limbs and having your brain functions stop don’t count? Like the missing arm I can understand, but the Brain Sucker is stated to literally be shutting down your brain and the Terrarian still fights like nothing happened.

Good to see you ignored every other reason for why I listed they have supernatural willpower. Also on this site we assume if you are effect by fear manipulate you immediately lose and crap yourself. The supernatural willpower the Terrarian has prevents this as he’s shown to fight completely fine.

The bosses won’t scale directly to the moonlord. They don’t even backscale from him, they backscale from the Lunatic Cultist. They are fought vastly after the Wall of Flesh, and are either fought right before or at the same time as when you would fight the lunatic.

We give the corruption soul manipulation for corrupting the soul, so it should get mind manipulation for corrupting the mind. That or it shouldn’t have soul manipulation since by your words it would just be corruption. (Though it could morality manipulation, I think that should be it’s own discussion, but personally I think mind makes more sense because that’s what is stated to be corrupted)

We already give the Terrarian empathic manipulation resist for dispersing the love potion (and it not doing anything to him) though.

It should be the same with the peace candles. The Terrarian doesn’t act any different and they can disperse it.

Why would the Terrarian getting the powers of the corruption be tentative. He can literally use it as a weapon and can spread it in a multitude of ways. Everything the Terrarian has is optional since the game never gives you anything.

The corruption and hallow are obviously different things, I don’t know how you thought I were saying they were. I meant the bosses can enter both. I explained why I think enemies entering shouldn’t be treated the same as bosses. Bosses actually react to the environments there in. Many bosses become enraged when in specific areas and many bosses have flee mechanics, yet none of the bosses flee when they enter the corruption or hallow. Also if the bosses didn’t resist that means the player with Holy or Unholy Water would be able to completely screw them up immediately. It would make no sense for that to one shot the bosses. The Brain of Cthulhu isn’t from the Crimson yet it constantly lives in it at all times, while even the dryad flees from it (and she can somewhat resist)

I explained in a comment why I think the paralysis should be possibly, I’ll copy it here soon.

I’ll also get the Moonlord’s curse manipulation.

I can understand with saying no to the possession but you gave the weirdest reason ever, it’s obscure?, why does that matter in any way. It’s not even obscure you just missed the lore talking about it (shown by how you need me to link the moonlord curse stuff that has to do with the possession).

Edit: Ok so the curse statement was different then I remembered. The moonlord still would have curse manipulation and possession but I think the Terrarian killing Skeletron dispersed it because the curse was stated to guard the dungeon and the DG no longer spawns after you killed him.

The disembodied bones of a former tyrant pulsed with a hatred so strong, it left behind a mighty curse which guards the Dungeon.”

Note the tyrant is the Moonlord, they refer to him as that a lot throughout the bestiary.

Also here’s a more in depth reason for the paralysis resistance: “the electrification I’m not too sure on myself. But to make it clear why I have it in the op: With the debuff you are fully being electrocuted and the debuffs says you shouldn’t be able to move. Usually people would be fully paralyzed from that but the Terrarian can still move, just with great difficulty.”

To make it clearer what happens when a person is engulf in electricity in real life, they can’t move. The game refers to this saying you shouldn’t be able to move, but the Terrarian still can move it just hurts really badly.
Good golly.

Lore Post: I believe the rules still apply. Count me as neutral but I'd prefer if you spoke on the post in question to ask about it. Online posts were specifically named as illegitimate sources. Dunno what to tell you.

Regen: That's great, but radiation doesn't always just nuke the thing it's interacting with, Keeweed. So I don't think it's great to say "The Terrarian can regenerate their head" based on "They had radiation attacking their brain". You feel me?

Immortality (Type 2): The Terrarian fights like.... something, happened, surely. Like they're blinded, even. Because that's what's happening? What is the argument here? The arm thing, to add onto it, can literally happen at full health. It's just a goofy line from the Nurse, in a game rotten with goofy lines.

Supernatural Willpower: That isn't our assumption, no. I don't really know what to tell you there. You're just wrong.

Lunatic Cultist: A boss fought after them, yes. I don't think this is a big deal but they have no reason to scale. Golem absolutely can offer better armor, though, now that I think of it. Beetle Armor.

Corruption: I just want sources for a lot of this before discussing it further, if ye wouldn't mind.

Empathic Manip Resistance for Terrarian: Okay. Then why are you suggesting we add it. Dispersing buffs absolutely sounds game mechanics-based to me and I wouldn't be cool with using it. Being unaffected by the love potion seems fine, though.

Powers of the Corruption for Terrarian: Where does the Terrarian use the Corruption as a weapon? He can spread it, sure, though the exact effect this has is varied.

Corruption/Hallow Resistances for Bosses: Plenty of things can enter them, though. I think this is largely just a limitation of the biomes themselves. Like a normal human could enter and be unharmed (Guide). I just think they have a finite number of things they can corrupt/whatever.

Possession: Because as far as I can tell, the curse is possessing the individual. It is obscure in that very little information is given regarding this, at least in the OP. Hence, disagreement. On this same ground I don't really agree with possession for Moon Lord unless some substantiating information is given to clarify that this is possession as we define it on the wiki and not a use of the word that means something else.

Electrical Paralysis Stuff: I'll wait for you to post the full thing since you said you would.

What, there’s like 5 lines of dialogue from the nurse saying you have missing limbs and half of them are clearly serious. The demolish also has a line saying he blew your arm off.

The Brain Suckler and Brian Scambler come from lore statements, not gameplay, and both say they are attacking your brain directly. The Brain Suckler is even stated to be distributing your brain functions.

Also just know it is like 2 am where I am and I have work for most the day tomorrow (work that absolutely won’t let me comment here), so unfortunately I need to be gone for practically a whole day.
There are hundreds of joking lines within Terraria, I don't consider these serious, no.

They are attacking your brain directly with, as you put it, "Radiation", which does not inherently destroy the brain. Hence my hesitation to accept Mid. I don't know why you assume I have an issue with Low-Mid, I think there's a fairly strong case given you can regenerate from near-death quickly enough.

Okay.

I’ll comment on all the other stuff later, but regenerating from near death isn’t justification for low mid at all. His justification is purely from the nurse statements. The nurse statements you are dismissing off handily. I’ll post some soon, but a large majority clearly aren’t jokes. And when they are jokes the limbs being removed is still serious in the statements.

The Radiation is melting his brain. It is damaging it and destroying it. Mid regeneration is healing brain damage. It doesn’t need to instantly nuke the brain. It’s causing it to deteriorate and the Terrarian heals.

Plus you keep ignoring the Brain Suckler which also is also stated to attack your brain. It is even stated to be destroying your brain functions and the Terrarian heals again.

Immortality Type 2 comes from the Brain Sucklers statement mostly, note it isn’t the super best immortality type 2, but immortality type 2 doesn’t automatically need to be the, I can survive as any discarded piece, kind. I can think of many characters that have it for being able to survive stuff just regular humans would absolutely die from. Your brain functions suddenly not working absolutely qualifies for type 2 if you can survive it.

The horrified debuff literally explodes you if you try to leave hell, I would say that’s pretty good fear manipulation the Terrarian fights though. However, ignoring that, they still fight though being lite on fire and through intense agony like nothing is happening. That’s like some of the most basic supernatural willpower feats.

My biggest thing though is with your views on the Terrarian getting the corruption powers and the lore post.

Here the corruption is being used as a weapon. But my biggest problem, why does this even need to be a thing for him to have the power. Corruption 99% of the time in fiction is something that people spread. You can’t physically hit someone with a corruption. The Terrarian being able to spread it by default means they should have the power there’s literally nothing tentative about it.

And for the lore post. Where else would they post it. And why would we not use the complete backstory they made for the game just because they posted on a forum. We use Twitter statements all rhe time, are you seriously telling me that Terraria entire story is non canon to itself because they decided to post it on a forum. That lore post is made by the writers, they changed stuff to fit the post, they reference it constantly. If we don’t consider this canon then I’ll know for a fact Terraria, on this site, is 100% completely beyond disrepair and I’ll just drop this verse. I’ll go to a different site to make a profile for it, because we’ll literally ignoring the entire story of Terraria the creators of Terraria made because they posted it at the specific wrong location. And before you say anything this has nothing to do with you, this has to do with this site. This site has plenty of things I find to be dumb or janky, but this will top my list.

The other stuff (when it comes to the powers) I do have things to say but I really should have gone to bed earlier and honestly it truly won’t matter if that lore post is just chuck off as non canon. The Terrarian might as well be a FC/OC character by that point.

Regen: That's great, but radiation doesn't always just nuke the thing it's interacting with, Keeweed. So I don't think it's great to say "The Terrarian can regenerate their head" based on "They had radiation attacking their brain". You feel me?
Non consequentor, not all mid regen allows to survive decapitation

Immortality (Type 2): The Terrarian fights like.... something, happened, surely. Like they're blinded, even. Because that's what's happening? What is the argument here? The arm thing, to add onto it, can literally happen at full health. It's just a goofy line from the Nurse, in a game rotten with goofy lines.
No, litterally no

The line only triggers when you are below 33% health, aka when you are HEAVILY damaged

There are hundreds of joking lines within Terraria, I don't consider these serious, no.
When player is badly injured (<33% health):

• "I think you look better this way."
  • "Eww... What happened to your face?"
  • "MY GOODNESS! I'm good, but I'm not THAT good."
  • "Dear friends we are gathered here today to bid farewell... Oh, you'll be fine."
  • "You left your arm over there. Let me get that for you..."
Ok chief, tell me where the ******* joke here is

because this sounds like serious damage by all paramenters

They are attacking your brain directly with, as you put it, "Radiation", which does not inherently destroy the brain. Hence my hesitation to accept Mid. I don't know why you assume I have an issue with Low-Mid, I think there's a fairly strong case given you can regenerate from near-death quickly enough.

again, different levels of Mid. Majour brain damage is very much Mid Regen

Lore Post: I believe the rules still apply. Count me as neutral but I'd prefer if you spoke on the post in question to ask about it. Online posts were specifically named as illegitimate sources. Dunno what to tell you.
Those post aren't made in random forums not in repond to a random question, they are made on the OFFICIAL SITE of the game to give players information

to say they aren't valide is complete bull AND a violation of site standards since we use this kind of stuff ALL THE TIME when the creator's words are reliable

Last edited:
@Keeweed

Having second thoughts on the resistance to the effects of the hollow/corruption/crimson for bosses, can they drop Souls of Light/Night ? because if yes than that pretty much removes any chance for them to have it

No they can’t drop souls of light or night. Should point out the slimes the King Slime summons can, but it itself doesn’t.

The Terrarian literally uses the corruption and hallow as weapons. If none of the bosses have resistances that means the Terrarian could have instantly screwed over any of them, including the Moonlord, and just didn’t for some reason.

Though the Brain of Cthulhu isn’t from the crimson. In the lore post it is stated the crimson has been around for a long time (has consumed different worlds other than terraria). The Brain of Cthulhu is a piece of the Moonlord’s Brain that was ripped out and landed in the crimson. It was completely uneffected and is even stated in the bestiary to help the crimson.

Unrelated to the bosses for a bit but the crimson is also stated to force beings effected by it to be apart of its hive mind so that’s more support for the corruption and crimson having mind manipulations rather than morality for effecting the desert spirits (ignoring how the text specifically says they corrupt the mind, not something like the heart or feelings).

The Wall of Flesh has the ancient spirits of light and darkness within him he absolutely should have resistances.

For the other bosses I don’t see why it would be a gameplay mechanic for them to enter the corrupt. They react to their environment, the Terrarian can use it as a weapon (which would immensely **** up the whole story if the bosses didn’t resist), many of the bosses constantly live it in just fine, and one of these bosses was originally completely disconnected from the crimson. Also we absolutely know the brain wasn’t effected because every other being in the crimson is part of the hive mind, but the brain is using it for its own devices and is stated to have its own personal objective.

Unrelated: But responding to Bambu more, you seem to agree with the love potion a bit since it doesn’t effect the player in any way. Do you also agree with the peace candle part since the Terrarian is equally uneffected by them.

When it comes to the bosses backscaling: Only Golem is fought before the Lunatic. Duke and the Martian Events are spawned literally at the same time as the lunatic. They aren’t fought objective before him they take place at the same period of time and you fight all three of them with the same exact equipment. The Terrarian doesn’t gain anything new from Golem to Lunatic so why would he suddenly become thousands of times stronger for literally no reason.

Plus the Golem is fought vastly after the Wall of Flesh and this after going through the Hardmode layers of equipment (cobalt, mytrial, and titanium, then the hallow, then Plantera tier stuff). I’m not arguing for these bosses to be full high 5-A I’m arguing for a possibly since they are fought literally seconds before hand with zero advancements separating the two.

I already posted the electricity stuff but I’ll post it again (and I mean again again, I posted it twice):
the electrification I’m not too sure on myself. But to make it clear why I have it in the op: With the debuff you are fully being electrocuted and the debuffs says you shouldn’t be able to move. Usually people would be fully paralyzed from that but the Terrarian can still move, just with great difficulty.”

I’ll post the bestiary statements for the corruption and possession curse soon. Just know I do agree now the Terrarian shouldn’t resist, but the moonlord should have it.

Last edited:
“These psionic, squid-like beasts levitate with celestial energy and latch onto the head of their prey, disrupting brain functions.”

So no more vague radiation (despite it not being vague because the radiation is directly stated to be melting your brain and you heal with brain damaging being mid regeneration for years now). The Brain Suckler directly attacks the brain and causes the brain to stop working.

“Ancient magicks corrupted the minds of the once friendly desert djinns, releasing them full of hostility from their lamps.”

As we can see it says directly the minds are being effected, which makes me believe it should be more mind manipulation than anything else. For the same reason corrupting the soul is soul manipulation.

The Crimson making beings a part of it hive mind is one of the first things talked about in Terraria’s lore post. So it very clearly also has mind manipulation as it can force beings into a hive mind.

“The disembodied bones of a former tyrant pulsed with a hatred so strong, it left behind a mighty curse which guards the Dungeon.”

The bones made a curse that guards the dungeon. The old man says he is cursed to guard the dungeon. If don’t kill the old man first DG spawn and kill you (which by the way I made CRT a long time over this. The DG shouldn’t scale above the Moonlord, skeletron must be defeated for the lunatic cultist to spawn so the curse never interacts with the canon Terraria). The old man is clearly possessed by a skeleton, a skeleton that guards the dungeon, the curse lore description is given to you for killing Skeletron won’t make since for this curse to be completely unrelated.

The moonlord himself doesn’t possess you but his curse would have possession.

(In case you missed it I do disagree with the resistance now, just stating why) The reason I don’t think the Terrarian should have resistance anymore is because DG doesn’t spawn and the clothier ask if you can lift curse and that’s when you fight skeletron. Granted the clothier can still become skeletron so the curse still is a thing, but it doesn’t have hold over the dungeon anymore.

A bit unrelated but the Creepers from the brain don’t drop souls of night either, so the brain having resistance is very consistent.

“A piece of Cthulhu torn asunder, this vile mastermind pulses with agony and aids the Crimson in an attempt to avenge its master.”

As noted by the lore post the crimsons only goal is to spread. We know the brain isn’t just killing things to advance the goal because it’s one of bosses that won’t naturally fight you and needs to be driving out. Plus the crimson is vastly worse around its hearts and circles around. Since it’s stated to be aiding the crimson with its goal (spreading), it doesn’t just go around murdering things (that also isn’t the crimson’s goal, the crimson’s goal is to be a hive mind and spread to everything), and the crimson is vastly worst near its parts, I think it’s clear the brain can help spread the crimson.

Edit: I’m absolutely not going to be able to comment for a while due to work, I really want to explain on supernatural willpower more, but I don’t have the time, I can think of a better way to explain it while I work.

Last edited:
I’ll comment on all the other stuff later, but regenerating from near death isn’t justification for low mid at all. His justification is purely from the nurse statements. The nurse statements you are dismissing off handily. I’ll post some soon, but a large majority clearly aren’t jokes. And when they are jokes the limbs being removed is still serious in the statements.

The Radiation is melting his brain. It is damaging it and destroying it. Mid regeneration is healing brain damage. It doesn’t need to instantly nuke the brain. It’s causing it to deteriorate and the Terrarian heals.

Plus you keep ignoring the Brain Suckler which also is also stated to attack your brain. It is even stated to be destroying your brain functions and the Terrarian heals again.

Immortality Type 2 comes from the Brain Sucklers statement mostly, note it isn’t the super best immortality type 2, but immortality type 2 doesn’t automatically need to be the, I can survive as any discarded piece, kind. I can think of many characters that have it for being able to survive stuff just regular humans would absolutely die from. Your brain functions suddenly not working absolutely qualifies for type 2 if you can survive it.

The horrified debuff literally explodes you if you try to leave hell, I would say that’s pretty good fear manipulation the Terrarian fights though. However, ignoring that, they still fight though being lite on fire and through intense agony like nothing is happening. That’s like some of the most basic supernatural willpower feats.

My biggest thing though is with your views on the Terrarian getting the corruption powers and the lore post.

Here the corruption is being used as a weapon. But my biggest problem, why does this even need to be a thing for him to have the power. Corruption 99% of the time in fiction is something that people spread. You can’t physically hit someone with a corruption. The Terrarian being able to spread it by default means they should have the power there’s literally nothing tentative about it.

And for the lore post. Where else would they post it. And why would we not use the complete backstory they made for the game just because they posted on a forum. We use Twitter statements all rhe time, are you seriously telling me that Terraria entire story is non canon to itself because they decided to post it on a forum. That lore post is made by the writers, they changed stuff to fit the post, they reference it constantly. If we don’t consider this canon then I’ll know for a fact Terraria, on this site, is 100% completely beyond disrepair and I’ll just drop this verse. I’ll go to a different site to make a profile for it, because we’ll literally ignoring the entire story of Terraria the creators of Terraria made because they posted it at the specific wrong location. And before you say anything this has nothing to do with you, this has to do with this site. This site has plenty of things I find to be dumb or janky, but this will top my list.

The other stuff (when it comes to the powers) I do have things to say but I really should have gone to bed earlier and honestly it truly won’t matter if that lore post is just chuck off as non canon. The Terrarian might as well be a FC/OC character by that point.
Based on this I am forced to assume you haven't actually read the regeneration page, Keeweed.

"The ability to regenerate lost limbs, and even from severe organ damage or destruction, including traditionally fatal wounds and disembowelment or horizontal bisection. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating minor parts and more extensive internal damage. "

Regenerating from fatal wounds, such as those that can be assumed to cause severe internal damage or what have you, is sufficient. Terrarian regenerates from fatal wounds every day, I'm just not convinced he can regenerate his head back into place. I'm literally not ignoring the brain sucker, I've just said I don't agree with the logic. Multiple times, even. Also, aye, most of them are jokes. Unless you're just unfamiliar with the vibe Terraria is intending to give off. Almost all villager dialogue is jokes and stuff.

If the Brain Suckers are the only defense for Immortality (Type 2) then I can't agree to it, see my above posts for the repeated justification of this position.

That's not how fear works. That's a secondary effect. It isn't supernatural willpower to fight while afraid.

The Terrarian can convert terrain, sure. That's not quite using all of the powers of the corruption offensively but I suppose this is at least something. I don't really give a flying **** what fiction can do. I'm talking about Terraria. So aye, it is tentative.

Somewhere more official than an online discussion forum, I should think. I didn't invent this new rule but I am contractually obligated as an administrator to uphold it. I hope you can understand my position. That said, Terraria as it is on this wiki doesn't appear to be built solely on forum discussions, so... eh? I'm unsure if you're being melodramatic or if I'm missing something here.

Alrighty then.

Non consequentor, not all mid regen allows to survive decapitation

No, litterally no

The line only triggers when you are below 33% health, aka when you are HEAVILY damaged

When player is badly injured (<33% health):

• "I think you look better this way."
  • "Eww... What happened to your face?"
  • "MY GOODNESS! I'm good, but I'm not THAT good."
  • "Dear friends we are gathered here today to bid farewell... Oh, you'll be fine."
  • "You left your arm over there. Let me get that for you..."
Ok chief, tell me where the ******* joke here is

because this sounds like serious damage by all paramenters

again, different levels of Mid. Majour brain damage is very much Mid Regen

Those post aren't made in random forums not in repond to a random question, they are made on the OFFICIAL SITE of the game to give players information

to say they aren't valide is complete bull AND a violation of site standards since we use this kind of stuff ALL THE TIME when the creator's words are reliable
Mate you, as usual, need to chill out. Go take a cold shower, Over, you'll think better when you're done.

Disagree with immortality type 2, people can lose limbs and the brain can be damaged without it stop fuctioning, you need to survive lethal wounds that would kill someone, not just be damaged.

The Terrarian can convert terrain, sure. That's not quite using all of the powers of the corruption offensively but I suppose this is at least something. I don't really give a flying **** what fiction can do. I'm talking about Terraria. So aye, it is tentative.”

the Terrarian doesn’t just convert the environment there are multiple enemies the Terrarian can also convert into corrupted counterparts. Even if just converted the environment the corruption would literally be on the opponents and they would be corrupted.

I brought up other series because attacking someone with corruption has never been a necessary for a character to have the power.

I made a thread on mid regeneration twice. Both times I was told brain damage is mid. You don’t need to be decapitated you need to be damaged in the brain. The Brian Scambler and Brain Suckler attack your brain directly.

For supernatural willpower fear wasn’t the only justification. Though I guess the others rely on the nurse statements so I really want to go over those.

1) There are vastly more serious statements:
  • "You better not get blood on me."
  • "Hurry up and stop bleeding."
  • "If you're going to die, do it outside
  • "I wish <name of Demolitionist> would be more careful. I'm getting tired of having to sew his limbs back on every day”

The demolition also has this:

"I wonder what happens if I... (BOOM!)... Oh, sorry, did you need that leg?"

Now I need to talk about how jokes work and how something being there for a joke doesn’t and never has just auto dismissed it.

What is the jokes here. When it comes to the nurse it’s that she’s a bad nurse. Her patient is literally missing limbs and she’s annoyed and uncaring. The joke 100% completely doesn’t make any sense and fails if the person she is referring to isn’t actually injuried. The injuries aren’t jokes, they are serious descriptions of what is happening, the nurse’s reaction is the joke.

When it comes to the demo the joke is that he’s reckless and dumb with explosive. He’s a bad demo who constantly nearly gets people killed. The game even notes an action for it happening.

The limb lose is not the joke.

Even if it was the joke this has never dismissed powers before. OPM has lava resistance for playing a pool of lava like a bubble bath. The joke is that’s he’s completely goofying off in a dangerous substance while the main villain tries to be taken seriously. Yet despite the entire scene being an obvious joke we don’t dismiss the resistance. Same thing here the game repeatedly tells you that you are missing limbs.

As for the low mid justification you gave: I’ve read the page a crap ton of times I thought that description was referring to every other description in low mid. Since those descriptions are clear and precise while the other part is as generic as you can get. Getting a broken spine, being shot to crap, and being impaled repeatedly are all obviously very fatal wounds. All of those are high low. Why would a generic unknown fatal wound be better than those? I’ll actually make a CRT on that right now because I’ve never seen any character get their low mid justification from that and it’s incredibly vague.

So going back to the supernatural willpower. The Terrarian can fight, completely normally, under intense agony (moon lord statement), while on fire, and missing limbs all at the same time. The supernatural willpower page says resisting an intense amount of pain is one the ways you can get the power.

I guess it could not be type 2 immortality, but it definitely should be added to the Terrarian stamina justification that he can survive his brain being melted and distributed because that would definitely kill most characters. I can’t think of a lot of characters that get impaled through the head and walk it off.

Though now thinking about it why are you even claiming the low mid regeneration should just be based off generic damage even without the nurse statements. The Brain Suckler and Brain Scamblers statements are completely serious and objective and they are attacking your brain (which I’ve been repeatedly told by staff and non staff is mid). We don’t need a generic guess (despite the nurse statements also having no reason to be dismissed since feats that exist as joke are still used constantly for multiple characters like Popeye pulling out a star for alone time, and courage screaming a star to pieces).

When it comes to brain suckler how was I supposed to know your opinion if you didn’t say it. Look, I’m sorry if I’m being rude, but I’m not a mind reader, and guessing your opinions is vastly worse then pointing out you didn’t say anything on the subject.

Though I just want to get your opinion on the lore post part again. Do you still think it is unusable because if you think it is I’ll drop this whole thread right now (and to make it clear, not because of you, I think you are a great staff member), but because there would be literally zero reason to care about the Terraria profiles on this site. (Still at school, but just want to make this clearer, I won't care about the profile because the story of Terraria, made by the creators of Terraria, would be non canon to Terraria specifically because of where they posted it)

I would say more but school is starting for me literally right now so I’ll be back.

Last edited:
Back