• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensura Light Novel Revision : Light Speed Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disintegration destroys the target at the speed of light.
Nicolaus had only one verse left in the spell. Its effects would summon a layered magical circle, with Granville standing in the middle of its light-infused dungeon. Once the Disintegration was complete, there was no way to block its dazzling rays, as it dismantled the soul of its target at the speed of light. (Official Translate Volume 11)
Melt Slash is Disintegration infused with sword technique.
She casts “Disintegration”. This power begins to gather on the empty left hand of Hinata, giving off a bright shine.
The sparkling particles intertwine to create a fantasy-like scenery.
Then Hinata imbues that light onto the body of her Moonlight Rapier.
—Her left hand slowly caresses the body of her sword.
The preparation is done.
She has infused her strongest magic with her sword art.
This is the technique that shall slash through all things in the world.
“Come now, have you made your resolve?”
“Bring it on!”
“Then take this—Melt Slash!”
Hinata finishes her words and turns into a beam of light, quickly approaching Rimuru. (Volume 7)
Spirit Particles have the speed of light.
'Even if I couldn’t capture these spiritual particles moving at light speed, I knew they were targeted toward Chloe, so I could get ahead of them. (Official Translate Volume 11)
Hinata managed to sacrifice herself when Granbell targeted Chloe with Meltslash/meltstrike (this should make Hinata faster than Melt Slash, i.e. FTL), as well as Venom.
'My instincts told me this was bad. With this conversation, everyone’s eyes were now focused on Hinata. What if Granville wanted that? And what he wanted…
Report. According to Predict Future Attack, his goal is—
His sword swung down in a slash. It was Disintegration, and there was no way to stop it. It was more of a stabbing move than a slash—call it Meltstrike if you want.' (Official Translate Volume 11)
'Even if I couldn’t capture these spiritual particles moving at light speed, I knew they were targeted toward Chloe, so I could get ahead of them.
“Chloe!!”
By the time I finished shouting, everything was over.
Hinata was the first to move. Without a moment’s hesitation, she stepped between Chloe and Granville’s line of fire. Sacrificing her own body, she took the Meltstrike blow to her chest. It stabbed right through her, and she collapsed to the ground coughing up blood—but all it did was lower the speed of that beam of light a little, as it extended toward Chloe.
The next person to move after Hinata, surprisingly enough, was Venom. Just like Hinata, he tried to sacrifice himself to protect Chloe—he must’ve been awfully faithful to Diablo’s orders, because he had kept himself focused on protecting the kids over everything else. That’s why he was in time for that moment.' (Official Translate volume 11)
Hinata had become a Saint.
“It’s odd, though. Her body’s structure has transformed to something closer to a spiritual life-form, so skin deterioration should be the least of her worries. But it’s true—Hinata actually does require sleep. Even as a Saint, her body’s still as it was during her human years. It will take many more years for it to undergo the full evolution. A lot of people have the wrong idea about this, but there’s nothing superhuman about Hinata at the moment.” (Official Translate Volume 11)
Saint is equal to True Demon Lord and True Demon Lord is equal to Hero.
From a sage that possibly rivalled a ‘Demon Lord Seed,’ a human could grow to become a ‘saint’ which was the equivalent of an awakened demon lord. Yet, if this evolution required some time to activate before coming into effect, then a newly risen ‘saint’ would not pose too much of a threat. Even if they gained enormous power, it was still meaningless if they couldn’t properly command it. (Volume 11)

Just like how ‘Demon Lord Seeds’ were still considered demon lords, ‘Hero’s Egg’ bearers would be considered Heroes in conjunction. Their sources of power were very similar. ‘Heroes and demon lords are bound by causality’—this saying really hit the nail on the head. And deducing further from this knowledge, I could tell that Granbell’s power was presumably on par with an awakened demon lord. (Volume 11)
Summary :
-Disintegration, Meltslash, or spirit particle-based attacks will get SoL
-Hinata will gain SoL/FTL speed because she should be faster when Granbell releases Meltslash/Meltstrike to Chloe.
-Characters like Luminous, Rimuru, Granbell, Venom, Yuuki, and Diablo will also get SoL/FTL speed via compare to Hinata the Saint.

Hinata managed to sacrifice herself when Granbell targeted Chloe with Meltslash/meltstrike (this should make Hinata faster than Melt Slash, i.e. FTL),
I don't think this can be applied as Combat speed, look's like it was aim dodging
Even if I couldn’t capture these spiritual particles moving at light speed, I knew they were targeted toward Chloe, so I could get ahead of them.
Hinata knew that the spiritual particles is targeting Chloe, so she don't have to outspeed or react the particle, and it was aim dodging since Hinata knew where's the particles is going

I don't think this can be applied as Combat speed, look's like it was aim dodging

Hinata knew that the spiritual particles is targeting Chloe, so she don't have to outspeed or react the particle, and it was aim dodging since Hinata knew where's the particles is going
At least, that's SoL, right?

Hinata is also capable of using Disintegration or Melt Slash which are spirit particle based attacks

Hinata managed to sacrifice herself when Granbell targeted Chloe with Meltslash/meltstrike (this should make Hinata faster than Melt Slash, i.e. FTL), as well as Venom.
Disagree with the FTL movement since the verse insists on FTL movement being impossible and Leaning towards sol.

Btw why does the tensura character doesn't have mftl reaction speed since rimuru with great sage which has 1000x thought processing can manage to execute meggido and Raphael is a million times faster so does the most character and rimuru could have avoided meltstrike if he had activated Beelzebub?

So, SoL or FTL speed?
depend on the distance and she quoted that she isn't quick enough to capture it but quick enough to tanking it herself,
but she should be atleast SOL with metlslash based on the description.
We didn't know exact Hinata distance between Chloe and granbell

to be safe we will use the assumption Rel+ - SoL
yes i didn't say ftl either,sol is probably an exagearrated tho.

Last edited:
she quoted that she isn't quick enough to capture it but quick enough to tanking it herself.

Rimuru is the one who said that he isnt fast enough to capture it, not Hinata

This was why I bolted towards that kid.

Yet according to my calculations, I wouldn’t make it in time, even at full speed. But perhaps if I activated ‘Gluttonous King Beelzebuth’ and consumed the entire space in front of me…

I could not capture spiritrons traveling at the speed of light. But since I knew that his target was Chloe, I should be able to make it.

“Chloe—!” I shouted.

Also Hinata dodged Melt Slash before this, which should make her FTL(?)

“Ah yes. Hinata, there are still things that I’ve yet to teach you. You are the most talented among all the students I’ve taught. You have always been ambitious and worked hard to hone your skill. Outstanding is not high enough of a praise for you. However—” Granbell casually swung his hand, releasing an unbelievable attack.

“Melt Slash—?! No way! Can you really manipulate spiritrons like that without chanting?!”

Hinata sure was impressive to have dodged that unscathed, but her accomplishment paled in comparison to how Granbell was able to unleash the ultimate holy sword art with ease. It was a feat simply beyond imagination.

Rimuru is the one who said that he isnt fast enough to capture it, not Hinata
i don't read tenshura but thanks for the clarification.
Also Hinata dodged Melt Slash before this, which should make her FTL(?)
Dodging and outpacing is sure different things, it's also depends on the distance between both hinata and meltslash, but this should be atleast rel-rel+.

Last edited:
Slime speed is a can of worms, based on what i heard FTL is impossible in verse, there might even be arguments for downgrades later on, but don't care much about all that right now.

But yea this depends a lot of the distance, without that can't really expect more than what's already accepted, relativistic+.

Spirit Particles have the speed of light and Melt Slash or Disintegration uses Spirit Particles to attack.

At least, it should be SoL. Hinata, Luminous, Diablo, Rimuru, Granbell at least get SoL from Disintegration or Melt Slash.

Slime speed is a can of worms, based on what i heard FTL is impossible in verse, there might even be arguments for downgrades later on, but don't care much about all that right now.

But yea this depends a lot of the distance, without that can't really expect more than what's already accepted, relativistic+.
how about SoL? Spirit Particles have the speed of light

Sol attack speed is cool, though we would have to figure out which translation is correct cause the fan one from what i remember only has disintegration as near lightspeed, not lightspeed.

Actually considering disintegration showed up in like vol 4, and fan translation didn't do that, there is something funky going on here, either a mistranslation somewhere, or some sort of retcon.

Sol attack speed is cool, though we would have to figure out which translation is correct cause the fan one from what i remember only has disintegration as near lightspeed, not lightspeed.

Actually considering disintegration showed up in like vol 4, and fan translation didn't do that, there is something funky going on here, either a mistranslation somewhere, or some sort of retcon.
FanTL also stated that spiritrons move at the speed of light.
I could not capture spiritrons traveling at the speed of light. But since I knew that his target was Chloe, I should be able to make it. (Volume 11)

How about when Granbell reacted to Disintegration and absorbed it? does this make him and several people who scaled to him get SOL reaction speed?

“Die! Disintegration!”

A beam of light flashed and went straight for Granbell—but to everyone’s surprise, its trajectory changed and was absorbed by the sword in Granbell’s hand.

It happened all too fast. Even with senses accelerated to a million times greater than normal, one would still have a hard time capturing this detail.

Since FanTL also states in its translation Spiritron/Spirit Particle has the speed of light, do you agree with SoL?

Not only attack speed, but also combat, and reaction (maybe travel too).

Combat speed because Meltslash is a sword technique and reaction speed because it can react to Meltslash/Disintegration attacks like Granbell.

Impossible in verse?

Since FanTL also states in its translation Spiritron/Spirit Particle has the speed of light, do you agree with SoL?

Not only attack speed, but also combat, and reaction (maybe travel too).

Combat speed because Meltslash is a sword technique and reaction speed because it can react to Meltslash/Disintegration attacks like Granbell.

Reacting to a lightspeed attack doesn't necessarily make you lightspeed. We need a starting distance, how much the character actually moved within that time frame etc. Until there are like visuals of this, can't expect more the rel to rel+, for all we know once we get all that it's gonna be FTL+ or something insane, which is gonna turn into a huge debacle, once all the "nothing can exceed light" or whatever statements start showing up in the translated version.

For now, Sol attack speed with melt slash, disintegration is fine, anything else i don't think is appropriate.

Last edited:
Agree with CP.

Sol attack speed with Diintegration, etc. The anime official blog also described it to move at 300,000 km/s. And Rel to Rel+ for combat in general. But also agree with the characters perception speed should be higher than their combat's speed. Even from the base calc of their Thought Acceleration that already noted.

Last edited:
Btw about this?
Btw why does the tensura character doesn't have mftl reaction speed since rimuru with great sage which has 1000x thought processing can manage to execute meggido and Raphael is a million times faster so does the most character and rimuru could have avoided meltstrike if he had activated Beelzebub and had eaten the space?

This seems to make sense to me. Thank you for helping out.

I think most of the light-speed scaling was debunked in this past thread; there is evidence that an attack like Disintegration wasn't light speed but just near it. Here is a scan Disintegration that show wasn't light speed.

I think most of the light-speed scaling was debunked in this past thread; there is evidence that an attack like Disintegration wasn't light speed but just near it. Here is a scan Disintegration that show wasn't light speed.
Thank you for helping out.

What do you think, Celestial Pegasus?

However, in the official translation of volume 11 it says that Disintegration dismantled the soul of its target at the speed of light.
Nicolaus had only one verse left in the spell. Its effects would summon a layered magical circle, with Granville standing in the middle of its light-infused dungeon. Once the Disintegration was complete, there was no way to block its dazzling rays, as it dismantled the soul of its target at the speed of light. (Official Translate Volume 11)

Okay, so what should we do here then? Go with "At least Relativistic+, possibly Speed of Light", in lack of better options, as it is hard to get ahold of a good translator?

With regards to FTL Speed:
As of now, it's only possible to have FTL speed in reactions or perception speed.
In future volumes, the fastest known character, Velgrynd, can only accelerate closest to the speed of light. It may be safe to assume that Velgrynd could reach 99.99999% of the speed of light, but it's been made clear that she couldn't break that barrier.

Naturally, it's impossible for these current characters to ever reach FTL speed in movement, like Hinata and Rimuru. Hinata outspeeding Melt Strike is an assumption at best, and an outlier at worse. At best, for now, it is better to maintain their reactions, combat and/or attack speed rating as Relativistic+, as there should be enough evidences in previous CRTs for these.

Regarding what C_P said about downgrades, yes, there are possible downgrades for speed in future volumes, as unfortunate that is, but it may give us a more accurate rating for their speed.

With regards to SoL/FTL Disintegration/Melt Slash:
Based on the scans provided in this thread, I believe it's clear to everyone that there are inconsistencies regarding the speed of these attacks, or specifically, spiritrons in which these attacks are based on.

If I remember correctly, there are more scans that states it's only near light speed (both in Official Scans and Fan Translations), thus the current Relativistic+ ratings in the profiles. I've been under the impression that the outright "light speed" descriptions were just slight exaggerations, since the attacks are close to the speed of light, the difference may be negligible in their POV.

On the other hand...
The official website of Tensei Slime regarding keywords, says this about Disintegration:
神聖魔法の中でも最大の威力を誇る。詠唱に時間がかかるが、発動後は秒速30万キロメートルの光が閃き、相手の防御も回避も許すことなく、細胞から魂までを完全消滅させる
It says 300 kilometers per second, which is light speed in general definitions.

So with enough compiled evidences, it is possible for Disintegration and Melt Slash to be bumped up to Speed of Light.

Conclusion
  1. Relativistc+ ratings for characters should remain for now.
  2. It is possible to change Disintegration and Melt Slash ratings to SOL.

Okay. What do you think, Celestial Pegasus and Elizhaa?

Thank you. The accepted revisions can be applied then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back