• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grudgeman1706

VS Battles
Retired
Okay so a good friend of mine wanted me to establish something on Kenshiro. He said Kens Tenryu kokyu Ho is only a power up for his strength, however I told him that was wrong and I have the evidence to back it up, in actuality the technique boost Kens...well everything, to be more specific it releases the 70% of his bodies potential letting him use 100%.

-Reason 1:

If you read the picture below you will see one of the definitions to the dragon breath technique. My friend believes the technique does not give you a boost in things like speed and etc. but only physical strength, because Kenshiro says strength in his definition, doesn't mean it just applies to his physical strength, however If you read the definition Kenshiro says this, "Extrodinary strength is hidden inside the bodies of mortal men, normal men can only use 30% of THIS strength."

Notice how Kenshiro never specified physical strength. He said strength and that can be actually can have different meanings, in fact strength is also a synonym of power this is where my friend got confused and thought the dragon breath only applies to physical strength, instead what kenshiro was talking about was the technique allows him to use the 70 % of the bodies hidden power potential that's what he meant when he said by Extrodinary strength is hidden inside of the BODIES of mortal men"he isn't specifying "their physical strength" but this strength like a power boost for his whole body which includes speed,durability, and strength. Don't believe me well here's another piece of evidence to back my statement.

-Reason 2:

The second picture comes from the hokuto Musou encyclopedia which gives the definitions to almost all the moves HNK has used. This is their definition for the Tenryu kokyu Ho and notice how it's say it allows you to use the fearsome power which Resides in the human body, and it says "normal people only use 30% of their physical capacity" also notice the encyclopedia also never said physical strength and they went more specific then Kens definition and said it lets Ken use 100% of his physical capacity which includes his strength, speed and durability etc, not just strength .

Both definitions never specified on gaining just 100% of physical strength but the 100% of the physical capacity of a man or Kenshiro to be more specific. This disproves my friends statement and with what I presented to you also clarifies to any who believed Kens dragon breath technique only applies to physical strength and were confuse fromm it. If anyone has a question or issue that I left out, comment down below and I will respond as quick as I'm can.

Tenryu kokyu ho
The art of the dragon breath

100%kentech
2nd description of the dragon breath technique

I was always under the impression that Kenshiro's fighting style technique here allowed him (and presumably anyone who was trained in said style that MIGHT have learned this) to be able to use 100% of their body's full strength and potential.

If it had specfically said "100% physical strength" or something like that of the sorts, maybe it would have been just that. But i don't get the impression of that so unless somebody wanted to translate that particular part of the manga from it's original publication (might not be worth it but who knows), i'm honestly gonna stick to what's been said like above unless stated otherwise that it might have met differently...

Back