• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tempest Shadow upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel Tempest Shadow should be upgraded to 4-B without her bombs. She matched a casual blast from the Storm King, and posed a legitimate threat to Twilight. If she were town level, then Twilight wouldn't have any reason to run, she could have confronted Tempest, and blasted her into the Sky. She has also taken a thrashing from Queen Novo.

I also believe Rainbow Dash should get an upgrade, as she is faster than Twilight, which implies physical superiority. As well as Applejack (is roughly physically even with RD), and Pinkie Pie (outpaced RD).

I think Tempest should get a at least high 7-C at most 4-B rating like Twilight and Starlight currently do

Js250476 said:
I think Tempest should get a at least high 7-C at most 4-B rating like Twilight and Starlight currently do
I mean she has at least one 4-B feat, and there is nothing really contradicting it. She never got beaten by a weaker character

What I mean is it's a bit iffy so having an at least at most rating is most fair in this case imo

Tempest never directly does anything to Twilight, though. She no-diffs Celestia, Luna, and Cadance via her magic bombs, and captures Twilight in a magic-resistant cage. Everyone of note she beats is through gear, since they effectively have no counter for it, and scaling from matching a single, casual blast from the Storm King's staff would be extremely inconsistent when both of them treated the Alicorns as extremely powerful beings on a whole other level of magic. Not to mention the Storm King was about to kill both Twilight and Tempest with said staff only moments later.

Even base Twilight being 4-B is pretty inconsistent, honestly. Let alone scaling others to 4-B from her.

Not to mention scaling from casual attacks is a bit... impossible.

Unless you wanna say Bulma is Tier 2 because she survived a casual slap from Beerus.

Ignoring the gear argument, Twilight didn't have her magic, and I'm pretty sure, the Storm King was going to use a stronger blast to get the job done.

Is it though? The lady is almost as powerful as Starswirl, and he blocked two hits from the PoS.

Exactly. He was presumably going to use actual effort, which is why you can't scale casual attacks that don't have noted killing intent or something similar.

Going back to the above argument of casual attacks, the only time the PoS stuff has been directly countered by Starswirl or Twilight, he was either weakened or not fully trying to wipe them out. Even Starswirl is notably less powerful than Tia and Luna are, now.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Exactly. He was presumably going to use actual effort, which is why you can't scale casual attacks that don't have noted killing intent or something similar.

Going back to the above argument of casual attacks, the only time the PoS stuff has been directly countered by Starswirl or Twilight, he was either weakened or not fully trying to wipe them out. Even Starswirl is notably less powerful than Tia and Luna are, now.
I still think she should be higher than town level, but thats just my opinion.

Yes but the PoS even while weakened was strong enough to tank the Elements. How is Starswirl weaker? Wasn't it he who taught the princesses in the first place?

The entire thing was that the Pony of Shadows was regaining his power by the time they slammed him with the Elements.

I definitely think she could be way higher, as she's portrayed as quite powerful, but I think that's better as something like "likely higher".

I don't think he was weakened when tanking the Elements. The PoS had been hiding inside the very origin of its power and growing in strength.

Starswirl taught them, but it doesn't mean he directly scales. He nearly drained himself by trying to do something alone that Tia and Luna do every single day.

The Everlasting said:
The entire thing was that the Pony of Shadows was regaining his power by the time they slammed him with the Elements.
Starswirl still made a shield that took 2 hits to break. I doubt the PoS suddenly got more powerful in mere seconds.

I definitely think she could be way higher, as she's portrayed as quite powerful, but I think that's better as something like "likely higher".

I don't think he was weakened when tanking the Elements. The PoS had been hiding inside the very origin of its power and growing in strength.

Starswirl taught them, but it doesn't mean he directly scales. He nearly drained himself by trying to do something alone that Tia and Luna do every single day.
I'm prwtty sure it was a full power blast. The PoS wanted them dead.
Well, yeah thats because he didn't have their magic. The sisters have a special magic that lets them not only move the Sun, but get stronger by it, and restore broken magic.

"special magic that lets them move the sun and moon" was the reason nobody used to be Tier 4 in the first place. Considering Discord can do this though, and he's just...Discord, I really don't think anyone writing for the show believes this to be the case.

"special magic that lets them move the sun and moon" was the reason nobody used to be Tier 4 in the first place. Considering Discord can do this though, and he's just...Discord, I really don't think anyone writing for the show believes this to be the case.
No that only applies to the sisters. Everyone else had to do it with their own abilities, and lost their magic doing so. All it does tmk is let them move the Sun without risking their magic, and restore magic.

Discord's reality warping is still just magic. It's not out of place, within the verse. Just a very high level of it.
He can still bend the rules via reality warping. The only times this failed was with Tirek, and he had enough magic to overpower Discord. And the EoH, but they were his polar opposite. There is also Chrysalis, but I've always considered it to be PIS.

This is someone who could kill the Tree of Harmony, overtime yes, but still. He certainly isn't lawless, but for the most part he doesn't follow the rules. The entire theme of his powers is doing things that don't make sense

So, should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back