• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tekken General Discussion Thread

1)Rip Claudio, you were a badass
2) Lars and Reina put up a tremendous fight against True Devil Kazuya. Lars gave Kazuya Heihachi-PTSD.
3) Reina's plan was to awaken her own devil gene
4) We get True Devil Kazuya vs Angel jin. Since Kazuya can corrupt things, and Angel Jin can purify evil, they both become depowered as a result
5) JUN IS ALIVE. Though she only appeared at the end to save Kazuya after he had been defeated

Jien is nerfed for most of the story because he reject his devil power, he only used it temporary against Howarng and even then it wasn't the full thing
-Kazuya staged up the Tournament to lure out Zafina and extract Azazel from her.
-Kazuya vs Azazel happens and he wins and absorb his power which resulted in the form we see in the trailer. Now this form is called "True Devil Kazuya" in the game but it's a different thing what we see in T7 and WAY stronger
-TD Kazuya solo everyone.
-Reina and Lars puts up good fight against TD Kazuya although they get whopped in the end. Lars was so good he gave Kazuya PTSD from Heihachi lol
-Jin basically got on a journey of mind where he fight his Devil form and they come to acccept each other. Really done well.
-the final fight against Kazuya is LONG. You fight him for like 10 phases
-First You fight him as Devil Jin "although now he has black and white wings and his eyes are yellow instead of red and he's fully in control.
-Although Devil Jin does well for a bit TD Kazuya is still much stronger and tries to nuke the whole island DB style, he gets some flashes to Jun and she gives him the power to purfy.
-Enter Angel Jin.
-They have a massive fight where a piece of the earth fly into the orbit and they basically fighti n space.
-There is insane feats such as them creating shockwaves that spread wider than the entire planet
-They both cancel each other out and are reduce to mere humans.
-From there it's base Jin vs base Kazuya with A LOT of cinematic cuts in and goes on for a while.
-Jin changes his fight style from mix karate, to Mashima style, to Kazama style all during the fight and a singn of him accepting everything
-It's end with Jin FINALLY beating Kazuya and leaving him on the ground
-Jin doesn't kill kazuya he just leave him there and Jun shows up to Kazuya later on.
-Post credit scene shows that Reina has the Devil Gene and she shows off her devil form

They were above and beyond for this story mode. The T7 story mode doesn't compare at all.

Turned out the Devil Gene comes out from Azazel after all. The devil users are people who can use a part of his spower when they tap into their devil forms

Jien is nerfed for most of the story because he reject his devil power, he only used it temporary against Howarng and even then it wasn't the full thing
-Kazuya staged up the Tournament to lure out Zafina and extract Azazel from her.
-Kazuya vs Azazel happens and he wins and absorb his power which resulted in the form we see in the trailer. Now this form is called "True Devil Kazuya" in the game but it's a different thing what we see in T7 and WAY stronger
-TD Kazuya solo everyone.
-Reina and Lars puts up good fight against TD Kazuya although they get whopped in the end. Lars was so good he gave Kazuya PTSD from Heihachi lol
-Jin basically got on a journey of mind where he fight his Devil form and they come to acccept each other. Really done well.
-the final fight against Kazuya is LONG. You fight him for like 10 phases
-First You fight him as Devil Jin "although now he has black and white wings and his eyes are yellow instead of red and he's fully in control.
-Although Devil Jin does well for a bit TD Kazuya is still much stronger and tries to nuke the whole island DB style, he gets some flashes to Jun and she gives him the power to purfy.
-Enter Angel Jin.
-They have a massive fight where a piece of the earth fly into the orbit and they basically fighti n space.
-There is insane feats such as them creating shockwaves that spread wider than the entire planet
-They both cancel each other out and are reduce to mere humans.
-From there it's base Jin vs base Kazuya with A LOT of cinematic cuts in and goes on for a while.
-Jin changes his fight style from mix karate, to Mashima style, to Kazama style all during the fight and a singn of him accepting everything
-It's end with Jin FINALLY beating Kazuya and leaving him on the ground
-Jin doesn't kill kazuya he just leave him there and Jun shows up to Kazuya later on.
-Post credit scene shows that Reina has the Devil Gene and she shows off her devil form

They were above and beyond for this story mode. The T7 story mode doesn't compare at all.

Turned out the Devil Gene comes out from Azazel after all. The devil users are people who can use a part of his spower when they tap into their devil forms
Holy shit they went ******* crazy with this game, this is WAAY better than Tekken 7.

Makes sense of Kazuya wanting more power and absorbing Azazel like damn this would boost his power as he is now stronger, though my guess this True Devil Kazuya may be like Dante's Sin Devil Trigger where Tekken 7's one was like Majin Devil Trigger from DMC2?

Damn love that Reina and Lars was able to do a good fight, and my man Lars gave Kazuya PTSD that is pretty hardcore! Lars for the win!

Not bad I do love that development of Jin, where he accepted his powers as his own, much like Naruto and Kurama or Ichigo and Hollow Ichigo accepting each other and forming a unification.

Holy shit Ten Phases? That is nuts and crazy...like damn the crazy shit you described sounds hardcore as ****!

Love that first Devil Jin but looking different but damn TD Kazuya still being stronger, so we can pretty much scale Kazuya in his TD form being higher than Jin's Devil Form in Tekken 8. That is until Jin goes Angel mode and they become comparable my guess since how the fight went and they created shockwaves across the planet and went to ******* space.

They then end up being normal humans (Damn kinda hoping Jin would remain with the Angel powers) and have that fight we saw in the trailer which was the rain I can assume. Darn that description sounds awesome, and with Jin winning he finally defeated Kazuya and ended the threat.

At this we can say Jin is sorta stronger than Kazuya. Ah interesting that Jun appears and save Kazuya, maybe to find a way to bring his good nature back in Tekken 1? Since we do know Kazuya did love Jun. Now Jin is free and possibly now can settle down like damn the bro needs his happiness.

Oh shit Reina has the Devil Gene!? Well looks like things just got a lot worse...the Mishima family does love bringing demons into their family do they?

Makes sense and cool that the Devil Gene came from Azazel as he was the originator and my guess somewhere down in history the Devil Gene appeared in the Hachijou Clan with Kazumi as the vessel, and married into the Mishima family. Not bad took a few bumps here and there but we got a good overview and understanding of a few plot threads in Tekken.

Once again...this game really is something!

I guess the scaling chain goes as something like this :

Angel Jin = True Devil Kazuya (Azazel absorbd ) >> True Devil Jin "gonna call him that" > Devil Kazuya > Devil Jin >> Lars > Reina > Howarng > rest.

At this point we have to accept that Howarng is just stronger than base Jin lol.

Well god damn, the story mode is just more DBZ then T7 tried to be in the final clash, also if that shockwave that literally was wider then Earth isnt already screaming planet level power, which was pointed out so much with Azazel to be existing since T6, let alone the lesser power of Jinpachi with humanity wiping

At this point anyone that doubts the lore statements from old games, its straight up downplaying

I guess the scaling chain goes as something like this :

Angel Jin = True Devil Kazuya (Azazel absorbd ) >> True Devil Jin "gonna call him that" > Devil Kazuya > Devil Jin >> Lars > Reina > Howarng > rest.

At this point we have to accept that Howarng is just stronger than base Jin lol.
Hwoarang isnt stronger then base Jin, what gave you this idea? Jin clashing kicks with him in base and even stops a sucker kick when Jin was supposedly in his thoughts still in base form, if this cuz he uses devil power, thats instinctive, which is not something Jin uses willingly, let alone Jin is nerfed all until he mentally beats Devil Jin

If I remember correctly T6 stated that Azazel due to the collision of two evil stars that shook the world. Why they can't accept it?
Lame excuses like "its done overtime" , "none of that implies its literal busting", basically the mindset of a debater pre-2019, you need to see a character pull a dragon ball move in order to believe it apparently

So in short denial and double standards, which is why i dont bother anymore to change things here, people dont care, unless its a mainstream verse or recently popular verse

That sparked the idea of split endings like with MK11 aftermath, online guides say the trophy with Kazuya as winner is obtainable only if you fail some QTE stuff basically on purpose which will trigger an alternate scene with Kazuya as winner

Youtube doesnt have anywhere anybody try it and i searched for this out of curiosity, either way, this is more then clear now, that Jin as winner is the canon ending, the Kazuya ending requires you to fail shit in order to obtain it, so not a choice

Chapter 5 lets you choose between a match up for the tournament fights who to play with and win, aka Steve vs King for example, game lets you choose and decide who to play and win

Hwoarang isnt stronger then base Jin, what gave you this idea? Jin clashing kicks with him in base and even stops a sucker kick when Jin was supposedly in his thoughts still in base form, if this cuz he uses devil power, thats instinctive, which is not something Jin uses willingly, let alone Jin is nerfed all until he mentally beats Devil Jin
He was still using the devil power tho whatever it was intentional or not is irrelevant . Like Howarng is the only fight where he actually regain his devil power for a bit. Are we gonna say Jin amped with Devil power is now weaker than his normal self? I doubt Howarng meant much with that kick to the end.

Well god damn, the story mode is just more DBZ then T7 tried to be in the final clash, also if that shockwave that literally was wider then Earth isnt already screaming planet level power, which was pointed out so much with Azazel to be existing since T6, let alone the lesser power of Jinpachi with humanity wiping

At this point anyone that doubts the lore statements from old games, its straight up downplaying
What tier are they sitting on at the moment? I couldn't check lol

Boi the CRT for this game is gonna be amazing.

What tier are they sitting on at the moment? I couldn't check lol
Due to shitty rushed CRT from 1 year ago done in bias, most are 8-B from Feng T6 ending feat, even those who shouldnt scale to the character in the 1st place

Rest are scaled to a downplayed Jack 6 feat at 7-A and those scaling to the true devil forms from T7 at 6-C with a likely only
Boi the CRT for this game is gonna be amazing.
For whoever wants to volunteer making it

Due to shitty rushed CRT from 1 year ago done in bias, most are 8-B from Feng T6 ending feat, even those who shouldnt scale to the character in the 1st place

Rest are scaled to a downplayed Jack 6 feat at 7-A and those scaling to the true devil forms from T7 at 6-C with a likely only

For whoever wants to volunteer making it
I dunno how shock waves that are wider than the planet would scale in this context tbh. Their power manfastion is also so big they cover entire continents in sheer size alone when we watch it from space

He was still using the devil power tho whatever it was intentional or not is irrelevant . Like Howarng is the only fight where he actually regain his devil power for a bit. Are we gonna say Jin amped with Devil power is now weaker than his normal self? I doubt Howarng meant much with that kick to the end.
Base Jin still avoids his attacks and everything till he gets the devil marks and you play 2nd phase of their battle, along their special intro with kick clash where they are even

If Hwoarang was really devil amped Jin level, you basically claim he can beat Golden Azazel, whom this Jin one shot, whether Hwoarang meant with the kick at the end or not something, fact remains he tried to do a sucker kick on him while he wasnt paying attention and failed, if base Jin was below him, he wouldnt be keeping up

Might also add, his win pose vs Jin in the game he says he aint gonna let it end in another draw, so i dont see why he would pull his hits on Jin, let alone Steve matches him in their intro and King can handle Steve blows in theirs, we just end up in a scaling mess

Unless we also wanna scale the other characters from True Devil Kazuya from the story cuz it happened and we clearly dont wanna get there, same applies to this case

I am glad that we might get good Kazuya "back". After the Devil gene was purged out of his body, he seemed less bloodlusted and sadistic. He didn't even bother to finish off Jin after he had temporarily knocked him out. He instead lectured him about that fighting is about blabla non sense.

I hope that Jin might call Kazuya dad in the future. It's kinda sad how their relationship is.

Overall I really like the story.
The powerscaling was pretty solid. I am glad that they didn't disrespect Lars in favour of Reina and Jin.

It's also interesting that Reina refers to Heihachi as -sama which indicates that they have a good relationship. This is kinda weird considering the fact that Heihachi treated Jin and Kazuya like sh*t for the sole reason that they have the devil gene.

Okay these endings are pretty freaking nuts! Seriously some are heartwarming, some are wacky and some are just weird XD!

Alisa's ending is hilariously cute how she blushed nonstop around Lars causing her to explode hahaha XD!

Asuka's ending is well interesting in how she now has her Dojo, and of course she and Emilie De Rochefort, better known as Lili had to have beef and they start their fight...I guess in some way they are the female versions of Jin and Hwoarang? XD

Azucena's ending was funny in how she and Lili argue which is better coffee or tea XD! Well in my opinon I prefer tea since I grew up drinking it more.

Bryan's ending was pretty much Mad Max, wait why is Law, Hwoarang and Paul with him?

Claudio was pretty badass in his ending, an exorcist till the end.

Holy shit Devil Jin! That ending was ******* insane...def planet level lol.

Sergei Dragunov has a pretty down to Earth hobby, I respect that.

That is some training Feng Wei...like damn XD

I just love Hwoarang's ending, damn love seeing him and Jin be friendly rivals. And them driving their motorbikes and racing each other is just a teenager thing, nice to see them friendly.

That was interesting of Jack's ending, but its alright.

Dwaahh! Jin's ending is so sweet, he is such a mama's boy XD! I love how he trains, and eats whatever Jun is cooking.

Jun's ending...damn that hurts she just wants Kazuya and Jin to bond with each other and have a family...damn poor girl.

Kazuya sure loves being dramatic with revealing his shoe collecting hobbies, but then again even people like Kazuya has a down to Earth hobby. His one is collecting sneakers.

King is trying to cheer up Steve is cool.

Ah poor Kuma XD

In Lars' ending is cute, Lee you shipper XD! I just love how he knew Lars and Alisa love each other and did that to play up the mood...god I love your habits XD!

Man...they did not go easy on Law...

Lee Chalon...as Iron Man!?

Leo Kliesen and their father going on Indiana Jones like adventure, seems fitting and cute!

Leroy Smith's ending is sweet, with his fatherly attitude to Ling Xiaoyu.

Lili's ending was something with her and Leory chatting while Law is pushed to the side...yeah poor Law lol.

Man Nina sure did get her revenge on Lee lol. Wait where is Anna?

Haha poor Panda wanting to help Ling to find Jin and saw him in the video, and also sweet on Ling creating Panda Land. Guess they both have to compete against Disney Land.

Oof poor Paul and Law...damn XD

Eh yoh~! Victor Chevalier is pretty awesome! Also Raven is here, and wait they sparring? Hold up Great Raven? Victor gave his sword? DAMN!

Okay, Reina lol pretty extra there. But then again SHE IS a Mishima so it comes into territory for that lol XD!

Shaheen is number one bodyguard! Its sweet he has a friendship with Lili and Asuka.

Holy **** Steve! Are you from Jojo or something?

Wait a sec...Victor said to Raven he doesn't want to keep a lady waiting...and now in Ling Xiaoyu's ending he said the same thing? Endings connected? But anyway its sweet seeing Xiaoyu and Jin meet and bond together so romantic! Also love how Panda and Claudio ship them and pretty cool of Claudio be a wingman and do that lol!

Wait Yoshimitsu's sword is glowing purple and losing control...and that aura, oh shit it reminds me too much of Soul Edge, if I am right. Then well shit looks like Bryan's soul is gone now.

Zafina and Claudio working together? Pretty awesome ending...and I sorta ship them XD

Okay these endings are pretty freaking nuts! Seriously some are heartwarming, some are wacky and some are just weird XD!

Alisa's ending is hilariously cute how she blushed nonstop around Lars causing her to explode hahaha XD!

Asuka's ending is well interesting in how she now has her Dojo, and of course she and Emilie De Rochefort, better known as Lili had to have beef and they start their fight...I guess in some way they are the female versions of Jin and Hwoarang? XD

Azucena's ending was funny in how she and Lili argue which is better coffee or tea XD! Well in my opinon I prefer tea since I grew up drinking it more.

Bryan's ending was pretty much Mad Max, wait why is Law, Hwoarang and Paul with him?

I just love Hwoarang's ending, damn love seeing him and Jin be friendly rivals. And them driving their motorbikes and racing each other is just a teenager thing, nice to see them friendly.

Dwaahh! Jin's ending is so sweet, he is such a mama's boy XD! I love how he trains, and eats whatever Jun is cooking.

Jun's ending...damn that hurts she just wants Kazuya and Jin to bond with each other and have a family...damn poor girl.

Kazuya sure loves being dramatic with revealing his shoe collecting hobbies, but then again even people like Kazuya has a down to Earth hobby. His one is collecting sneakers.

Ah poor Kuma XD

In Lars' ending is cute, Lee you shipper XD! I just love how he knew Lars and Alisa love each other and did that to play up the mood...god I love your habits XD!

Leo Kliesen and their father going on Indiana Jones like adventure, seems fitting and cute!

Lili's ending was something with her and Leory chatting while Law is pushed to the side...yeah poor Law lol.

Haha poor Panda wanting to help Ling to find Jin and saw him in the video, and also sweet on Ling creating Panda Land. Guess they both have to compete against Disney Land.

Eh yoh~! Victor Chevalier is pretty awesome! Also Raven is here, and wait they sparring? Hold up Great Raven? Victor gave his sword? DAMN!

Okay, Reina lol pretty extra there. But then again SHE IS a Mishima so it comes into territory for that lol XD!

Shaheen is number one bodyguard! Its sweet he has a friendship with Lili and Asuka.

Wait a sec...Victor said to Raven he doesn't want to keep a lady waiting...and now in Ling Xiaoyu's ending he said the same thing? Endings connected? But anyway its sweet seeing Xiaoyu and Jin meet and bond together so romantic! Also love how Panda and Claudio ship them and pretty cool of Claudio be a wingman and do that lol!

Wait Yoshimitsu's sword is glowing purple and losing control...and that aura, oh shit it reminds me too much of Soul Edge, if I am right. Then well shit looks like Bryan's soul is gone now.

Zafina and Claudio working together? Pretty awesome ending...and I sorta ship them XD

Is Devil Jin Feat in arcade ending can be scaled to canon ?

Ah poor Kuma XD

Some of them are so goofy, extra, wholesome, sad, cool/badass and some impressive when it comes feats

Tekken 8 is back to the good old times, hopefully in the 5 years or maybe more of this game we gomna be stuck with for now it surpasses Tekken 7 sales of 10 million

So I thought T8 takes place 6 months after T7 but Side story stated that between T3 and T8 is seven years.
Tekken 4 is 2 years since Tekken 3

Tekken 5 is 1-2 months since Tekken 4

Tekken 6 is 6 months since Tekken 5

Tekken 7 is a few days since Tekken 6

Tekken 8 is 6 months since Tekken 7

The 7 years gap is from the time Jin lost his mother to Ogre, he was 15 at that time it happened, by the time he fights in the tournament Jin is 19, so 4 years passed

Adding the 3 years gap between Tekken 3 events being over and Tekken 8 events starting, you get 7 years from Ogre attack till now

Last edited:
Tekken 4 is 2 years since Tekken 3

Tekken 5 is 1-2 months since Tekken 4

Tekken 6 is 6 months since Tekken 5

Tekken 7 is a few days since Tekken 6

Tekken 8 is 6 months since Tekken 7

The 7 years gap is from the time Jin lost his mother to Ogre, he was 15 at that time it happened, by the time he fights in the tournament Jin is 19, so 4 years passed

Adding the 3 years gap between Tekken 3 events being over and Tekken 8 events starting, you get 7 years from Ogre attack till now
Ahhh. Make it sense.

my uncle who works at bandi namco said there’s a secret ending in the game where akuma jumps out of the volcano as Oni and finishes off both Jin and Kazuya

Back