• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team RWBY (RWBY) vs Team BEAD (Infamous Second Son)

Exactly as it says.

Conditions

Speed Equalized - No Lightspeed stomps

MCB forms only

No knowledge of the other

Intent to defeat or kill, main objective is to just win by any means necessary

Location of the Map is a floating island in the sky, probably the one in Avengers 2. An adequate amount of Energy sources for Abigail, Delsin, and Eugene are given (Augustine kinda has it everywhere) while Team RWBY also knows the location of a few Dust filled warehouses. No Grimm allowed.

Scenario 1a - Everyone's gathered on opposing sides of the map.

Scenario 2a - Everyone is scattered in who knows where.

Scenario 1b, 2b - Semblance powers are treated like Conduit powers. Just wondering if this really changes the scenarios above.

Team RWBY:

Ruby Rose

Weiss Schnee

Blake Belladonna

Yang Xiao Long

Team BEAD:

Brooke Augustine

Eugene Sims

Abigail Walker

Delsin Rowe

Vote Count

Team RWBY: 0

Team BEAD: 0

http://www.strawpoll.me/11733215

With speed equalized, this actually seems like a pretty even fight. Both sides have had their fair share of training with their respective powers (RWBY at Beacon, and Augustine, Abigail, and Eugene all underwent training at Curdun Cay) except Delsin, although he has the experience to back up his abilities, given he was able to beat all the other members of his team.

Both sides have the means to temporarily disable members of the other team (Augustine/Delsin through the means of concrete, and Weiss/Ruby using ice dust). Both sides can mitigate damage to some degree via aura or conduit healing. And both sides have an overwelming variety of different abilities.

That being said, in the end, I would give round 1 to Team RWBY with mid-difficulty, due to having better synergy as a team. They have a lot more experience fighting together than their opponents do, having worked together to bring down the White Fang, a giant mech, and having competed in the Vital Festival 4v4 round. While Delsin has worked with Abigail and Eugene to some degree, he has mostly fought his battles on his own. Not to mention that Augustine was actually his enemy in the original game.

It is also worth noting that though equalizing speed allows team BEAD to compete with RWBY in close quarters reactions, it also means that Abigail and Delsin can't just use the neon light-speed travel to create space in order to absorb more power. While not impossible, it will be difficult for them to recharge in the middle of the fight, and the time it takes them to do so will leave the rest of their team fighting all 4 members of RWBY. Aura can also be depleted, but in the show the characters have been shown to fight for extremely long periods of time without running out, unless they are fighting superior opponents like Cinder or Tyrian.

Round 2 is far more difficult to decide, as the combatants are on very equal grounds in 1 on 1 scenarios. I would still put my vote for team RWBY, at high difficulty, due to the conduits having to recharge and the disadvantages that are involved, as well as Yang's semblance just making the fight more difficult as it drags on.

As for rounds 1b and 2b, I would state that 1b would still be won by RWBY, at mid-high difficulty, but 2b would actually go to Team BEAD, as Delsin would be able to absorb Team RWBY's powers and use them against them, one by one, so long as he was able to get ahold of one of them. If Delsin could get ahold of Yang's semblance alone, that would likely be enough to turn the fight in their favor.

Firstly thank you for actually making an argument, glad someone finally comments here. Now to respond since I doubt anyone else would

That's kinda true but do remember that both Delsin and Augustine can bypass the aura issue with their shards in the body ability, which shows no blood when it implants someone. There's also the advantage on Team Infamous where Eugene can really summon a lot of allies, invisibility on Eugene and Delsin's part, and just their overall capability to turn into elements they are composed of. That should cover up for their lesser energy costs. Eugene can also play the role of a shielder with his angels while others recharge, kinda a tricky thing in the boss fights to deal with.

I also don't really beleive the argument on, they can last longer just because they can fight Cinder and Tyrian (who's amazing btw). After all how would you scale their strength? Wouldn't they in logic be the same tier as the conduits since after all focused on their MCB forms? What defines strength? In theory conduits should have more stamina since all they need is energy and people like Augustine could just keep pumping it up to Delsin since it's everywhere while invisibility and gravity bombs could distract the rwby cast long enough for them to get away. After all they like hit and runs. They can also have Augustine create some walls and tunnels to distract and allow for easy getaways. They may not have worked a lot with Augustine, but she still has 7 years of experience as a conduit, and much more as a soldier. And your arguments make sense

There's also Eugene's annoying BFR ability which could take out a member or two off of the RWBY team for a short bit of time.

Ironically I think Round 2 is harder for the conduits with that.

Wasn't there a limit to Yang's Semblance? At least I don't think she could keep it permanent and it's not as if speed issue is lowered.

It is late, so I'll make a more complete response tomorrow, but I did want to clarify something.

I didn't mean to imply that they had greater stamina because they fought Cinder and Tyrian. I meant to say that they have shown feats of fighting for long periods of time, except for when they had been overwelmed by completely superior opponents. Some notable examples include when they were fighting Grimm all day in Mountain Glenn, or when Ruby fought Mercury, then a Giant Nevermore, then a Griffon, and then Neo and Roman while being bombarded by Nevermores all in quick sucession. My major point was more or less that the conduit's healing factor would wear off faster than their aura would, given that this is a more or less even fight.

Of course, if the conduits instead performed hit and run attacks like you say, then the coin might be on the other foot and then RWBY would be the ones loosing the battle of attrition.

Like I said, tis late so I'll respond more tomorrow. I felt the need to comment because I'm a big fan of both RWBY and Infamous: Second Son, so I wanted to contribute a bit!

No worries, I'm a bit slow anyway.

Well even then... you realize that conduits have fought for days straight without needing much rest at all? Fighting off enemies constantly? In fact the only issue with their stamina is their energy costs but those can be refuelled. And also notably, even when Neon was weakened by you draining all the neon glow lights, she could still fight for quite the long time and shoot out projectiles, albeit weakened but she can still go hyperspeed. No rest for the conduits after all, I only recall a few instances of when they slept. Also trying to remember Mountain Glenn and didn't Ruby only 'spar' and was more focused on escaping? For the Giant Nevermore everyone teamed up against it. The nevermores never really bombarded Ruby either until the end after Roman got unceremoniously eaten. All in all I'd compare the conduits to something that Misaka did with the high likelikhood of them not sleeping. There's also the issue of conduits being able to heal lethal injuries faster to be honest, and while aura is finite, conduits can keep on regenerating the moment they hide.

Yup. There's also the issue of the live action having Delsin showcase some nice stealth feats, taking down several platoons of soldiers and vandalizing an entire DUP Base without alerting them till the very end. That's pretty impressive. Eugene also likes to work under the shadows so that's going to help him by sending out angels and demons instead to support his team and since he's a gamer he should be competent enough to fight. Or at least he'd get a helping hand from Augustine who can stay underground and keep making the environment unfriendly to Team RWBY by leaving a lot of small spots Delsin and Neon could turn into particles and go through.

I'm trying to recall a certain feat I was gonna use but I forgot about it since I didn't post it.

Glad to find someone else who enjoys both too!

Tis true that Augustine/Delsin may be able to bypass aura with the concrete shards. That would actually be quite problematic for RWBY. While their aura would eventually be able to heal them, (like how Delsin was the only one who recovered out of his tribe due to his healing abilities) it would take time they wouldn't really have in the middle of a fight, and would probably allow Augustine to incapacitate any member she managed to pull that trick off on.

Though that would bring to question why Augustine didn't just use that particular power to incapacitate Delsin in their final battle. And Delsin was only able to use it on Augustine after breaking her out of the giant concrete construct she made to fight him. So perhaps there is some sort of limit to either the range or concentration required to use it? Of course, that could also just be chalked up to the game designers wanting to have an actual boss fight for the game, so that argument might not have that much weight.

One thing I'm curious about is the extent of Eugene's BFR abilities. In game, from what I recall, he brought Delsin into his cyber-world when he was investigating his hideout. Most notably, he was able to do so when Delsin was surrounded by monitors, which are the source of Eugene's power. Would that be a requirement for Eugene to be able to do so? The island does have televisions, (given that Eugene has to be able to recharge), so presumably even if he did need that setup it could be given to him somewhere on the island.

While Ruby was trying to escape Mercury, she still ended up taking hits from him, which would have drained her aura., She then proceeded to drive the Giant Nevermore back from Pyrrha with a weapon that wasn't even her own. Then, as you said, the others teamed up to kill it. A short while later, Ruby boarded Roman's ship and took down a Griffon, which have been shown to be somewhat superior to Nevermores. Then, she fought Neo and Torchwick, and during that fight she was also attacked by Nevermores on two occasions. Afterwards, she killed the Griffon that killed Roman, then fought her way back to Beacon, and then made it all the way through the Grimm up to the tower.

While they do fight and run for days on end, the conduits always have time to recharge their batteries, so to speak, between and even during their battles. Theoretically, given how conduits work, as long as they have ample time to recharge and ample resources to do so (and of course, food and other human necessities, which I actually think is the harder resource for them to scrounge up), they can continue to fight as long as they need to. My original point more had to do with how, if Team RWBY and BEAD simply went head to head in a fight with no breaks, RWBY would likely come out on top, given the properties of aura and conduit abilities.

However, you do bring up an interesting point about how BEAD probably wouldn't engage RWBY head on, at least not after their first encounter. Like you said, Augustine has had training and experience as a soldier, and the others are used to being on the run from the DUP (also Delsin has plenty of experience running from the cops after tagging, heh) so they would be more likely to play the long game.

I still think that team BEAD would have trouble working together as a team compared to RWBY, for no other reason than Augustine alone being somewhat of an awkward person for the other conduits to work with (being the warden of Eugene and Abigail's prison, the person who nearly wiped out Delsin's tribe, not to mention the person who killed Delsin's brother).

From what has been shown so far, Yang's semblance isn't permanent, but she can activate and control it. In a head to head fight, it would be a huge problem for the conduits. Hit and runs would probably be a problem for her, given that Neo was able to drain her energy in a more or less similar fashion (wearing her down little by little).

Terrain also would have a pretty interesting effect on the outcome of this fight, and like you said, Augustine can control that. Wouldn't smoke be the only power that could slip through small crevices though? Neon allowed them to run on walls and at light speed, but I can't remember it ever being used to become intangible like smoke. Regardless, that could be an advantage BEAD would have, although it may only apply to smoke, as most of the advantages neon would have would be mirrored by the mobility of team RWBY as a whole.

Most of my arguments from before had to do with the two teams engaging in a head-on battle, as opposed to guerilla warfare tactics. I have to admit, I think that would change the outcomes of the fights I had drawn out in my previous post. I'll let you respond first before changing my votes though.

I don't think anyone else would tbh lol. But it's fun to discuss this with someone with detailed responses.

It must be the fast paced action possibly or how each of them are more element than bio-organic. Or maybe it's just what you said lol. Considering she can make giant concrete from afar move and destroy bridges without even being close. Healing might be able to get rid of the damages but I don't think it could heal off something like leaving a pretty nast wound on your body to form a hole. Maybe. I mean we saw what happened to Yang, but then again Blake healed off her injuries quickly.

It seems to be so. But I don't see much issue on it if Eugene gets enough energy or purposely tricks enemies into his lair. He needs to take a bit of damage before they get kicked out too and if he could he just make everything lava filled unlike what he did with Delsin... Soooo shoudl've just made him immune to lava. And yeah he'll need a setup, should be easy with angels.

True, but I don't think it's that drastic or long of a fight. The battle was mostly about the last two to be honest, and maybe they have ways to recover aura if they rest? There seems to be a short delay. But I could be wrong.

I don't think it's a fair assumption. I think they only recharge their powers if they run out but otherwise they can consistently keep fighting. Then again if they have that in the first place in this scenario wouldn't that just mean they have the same style of combat? Either way Cole after a month of training was able to keep fighting The Beast with no need for energy. If Neon and Eugene trained for 7 years it makes sense for them to be muc hstronger. And I'd give it to Team RWBY with high difficulty on a frontal match, thankfully for me they probably won't stay frontal fighting for long.

Yup. So even if they hate her I'm sure they'll be willing too cooperate if they know they're going to die if they don't. Tagging is fun too btw.

And they might be but still. At best I think Abigail would be the most suited since she seems to be at least surveyed by Augustine. Or maybe Augustine would work better with Eugene since they like playing behind the shadows or duking it out with giant monster forms. Then again for the sake of the battle it's sometimes okay to ignore those if it doesn't change the combat match or makes it fairer, so I hear

Hmm, any cooldown on it as in after use? Not really refuting anything here but just wondering. You pretty much cleared up most of my confusion on this.

That's true however you can see Fetch and Delsin being capable of becoming separate particles of light. Most evident in Delsin's Karmic Bomb. So there should be no issue on Fetch doing it in all honest. Then again Augustine could just make it as giant pillars that she could climb over. And true on the Neon part.

Aye. I think they can win in a frontal match, but it would be far too difficult for them. The same in my opinion for Team RWBY in a guerilla match. And no worries.

Haha true, doesn't yet seem like anyone else is jumping in on this one yet. Maybe they're waiting for us to finish our discussion to decide? Haha

It is reasonable to assume that the conduits wouldn't turn on each other (or rather, on Augustine) mid-fight, and would cooperate as a team against a common foe. But their experience as a team is significantly lower than that of RWBY's, and likely while they would cooperate they just wouldn't have the same synergy.

Any regen granted by aura does seem to be significantly smaller than that provided by the conduit powers. Which is why I do think its a serious point to consider if there is any significant limit on Augustine's powers? While the fact that perhaps the nature of Delsin being a conduit could be why she didn't use it in the last fight, it didn't seem to stop her the first time she did it. If Augustine could just go gung ho with that trick, with the other members of the team realistically just acting as a distraction, then I think that alone would give the win to BEAD.

Although from what I've seen on the profiles, and from what I remember from the game, the conduit's healing factor isn't a perfect defense. Their regen is listed at "low, to mid-low" which implies they can survive some pretty nasty wounds and recover from them. But there's no evidence to suggest that they would survive being decapitated. Seeing as both sides are MCB in DC and durability, if Ruby was able to cut off one of their heads with her scythe, as far as I know they wouldn't be able to survive that even with their healing factor. Given that both sides have intent to kill/win by any means necessary, and that Ruby has been shown decapitating Grimm on a regular basis, this would probably be a likely schenario if she lands hits on any of them.

...I'm starting to think that no matter who wins, neither side is going to have all of their teammates alive by the end of it. o.o

Another thing I'm curious about is when you said you thought BEAD would have a harder time in the scattered fight, rather than vice versa. What makes you think that?

Back