• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team rocket meowth additions and stuff

He should be able to mess with the plot tbh. 🦅
Every power in the series, every human, Pokémon, gadget etc is him 😴

Because he is every Pokemon, every human and everything that exists and all of their powers are his
He was them, but them being a part of him doesn't mean he has their powers. Palkia encompasses all of space, but there are things within space stronger than him like the Lake Trio and Giratina

He was them, but them being a part of him doesn't mean he has their powers. Palkia encompasses all of space, but there are things within space stronger than him like the Lake Trio and Giratina
Not in AP there certainly aren't
And yes it does as their powers are all from his plates

I just responded to what you said and I already said why
"Palkia encompasses all of space, but there are things within space stronger than him like the Lake Trio and Giratina"

Wut?

"The powers of plates are shared amongst all Pokemon"

The concept of typings originates from the plates. No typing, no power no nothing
Not the concept of typings, he just shares power. Xerneas shares power with every Pokemon too

Again with Xerneas?

Xerneas shares the power of eternal life. Guess who gave it that power......... ARCEUS.

Wait a minute. How is that relevant to the fact all the powers of the verse comes from Arceus?

Stop derailing. You weren't even interested in this crt to begin with.

"Palkia encompasses all of space, but there are things within space stronger than him like the Lake Trio and Giratina"
both Giratina and the Lake trio do not have the true forms in actual space which give them their powers
also no that is a false equivalence when Arceus is stated to have everything’s powers

both Giratina and the Lake trio do not have the true forms in actual space which give them their powers

Their power can affect and almost destroy their own realms that their true form embodies, so they're not much weaker

also no that is a false equivalence when Arceus is stated to have everything’s powers

Source: Trust me bro

so if there is more examples similar to the narrative remote, could he get "at least extraordinary genius, likely supergenius"? also he should be "gifted" in combat right?

it absolutely is. if it was unlimited they would've turned ash into a pebble and would make pikachu obey their command, yet the best they do is break the fourth wall a bit more than usual
meowth still considers ash and pikachu his friends and spares them from his potentially reality warping weapons, don't @ me

so if there is more examples similar to the narrative remote, could he get "at least extraordinary genius, likely supergenius"? also he should be "gifted" in combat right?
Likely is fine

"At least extraordinary genius" I dunno.. But the kind of tech they whip out thanks are very impressive. That might work

Likely is fine

"At least extraordinary genius" I dunno.. But the kind of tech they whip out thanks are very impressive. That might work
Wouldn't say it's that impressive in the pokemon world.

I don't agree with EG meowth. Genius? Sure.
EG is something only Mewtwo can have in pokeverse rn after, you know, recreating and perfecting a cloning machine that a giant group of scientists funded by the biggest mafia in the country barely made work after many years, making it work instantly and making it create stronger clones... In like weeks or sth...from scrap. While he also created a highly technological castle with a giant stadium and then figured out a plan to destroy humanity.

you can have more than one EG though, mewtwo being arguably better, or having better AC doesn't invalidate meowth, especially if there are more examples like the controler, and like chariot said, is not normal in the pokemon world to build giant mechs and gadgets in short times unless you are incredible notable scientists on the plot, the ratings are compared to stuff IRL IIRC

Agree with Arceus assessment. He should be Genius. Pokémon revisions are always tedious, and im not ready to face a barrage of walls of text disagreeing with it

you can have more than one EG though, mewtwo being arguably better, or having better AC doesn't invalidate meowth, especially if there are more examples like the controler, and like chariot said, is not normal in the pokemon world to build giant mechs and gadgets in short times unless you are incredible notable scientists on the plot, the ratings are compared to stuff IRL IIRC
Complex machinery isn't out of the ordinary in the pokemon world. Just look at Clemont who constantly creates complex compact inventions and created a robot who can battle as well as a gym leader.
We see entire gyms with smoothly moving gigantic dragon statues, giant airships which utilize powers of legendary pokemon and might as well throw in dimensional travel, molecular teleportation and the creation of a 4D red chain in there. EG is applied when someone does something extraordinary in their respective verse. Maybe Meowth would be EG if he was in the real world but in the pokemon world stuff related to complex tech is common.

Also even if he does get whatever rating, Meowth should be

Genius when it comes to technology
Above Average when it comes to making plans.

My evidence for him not being genius in plans? The 900 something times they failed to catch a pikachu. Like bruh, just make something new besides anti-electricity nets which break in one iron tail and mechs which break after a good smack.

i disagree without a fight, so i'll list other devices i found on the thread that i found note worthy.

Stealth Goggles:
  • Goggles that can be used to see and track beings. (Like Meleotta)
  • Can even track and see those who are invisible.

Mark III Manner Minder:
  • Allows Meowth to control anybody via a control.
  • Once it's on whoever he wants, Meowth can completely control their actions.

Pokébaton:
  • Upon being activated, music will play from the device which forces anyone who hears the music to uncontrollably dance against their will.
  • It's said to work on Pokémon, but it's likely that it's just as effective on other species as opposed to being limited specifically to them.
  • Seems to have some sort of reality-warping capabilities, as it can constantly change the scenery in the style of a musical number.
  • The rods on the bottom of the baton have different controls on those affected, pushing them will force them to do a certain dance.
Red Rod: La Cumparsita-esque dancing with an affected partner. (With spanish-themed music)
Orange Rod: Hula Dancing. (With hawaiian-themed music)
Red Rod: Ballroom Dancing.

Giant Electric Fan: Used for blowing away enemies with the wind from it. Said wind can be further increased to hurricane-level speed.
Voice-Changing Megaphone: When the megaphone is spoken into, it transmutes Meowth's voice into someone else's voice depending on who the megaphone is set to mimic.
Metal Rods: Two pairs of metallic bent straw-like rods that can be used to find whatever it is that Meowth is looking for. (Which is signified by them turning the other direction from each other once Meowth arrives at the item's location).
Shock Gauntlets: Upon wearing these on his paws, Meowth is immune to electric attacks. (Somehow, this protects his entire body despite wearing it only on his paws)

Genius is fine. And even I'm not too sure about because of how many times he messes up

Extraordinary genius requires feats that is beyond the world limits. The things meowth makes are very local. I wouldn't call these extraordinary genius inventions. And tbh, Pokémon planet has shown much more genius inventions than these. No no

Let's not get controversial with this..

Complex machinery isn't out of the ordinary in the pokemon world. Just look at Clemont who constantly creates complex compact inventions and created a robot who can battle as well as a gym leader.
We see entire gyms with smoothly moving gigantic dragon statues, giant airships which utilize powers of legendary pokemon and might as well throw in dimensional travel, molecular teleportation and the creation of a 4D red chain in there. EG is applied when someone does something extraordinary in their respective verse. Maybe Meowth would be EG if he was in the real world but in the pokemon world stuff related to complex tech is common.

Also even if he does get whatever rating, Meowth should be

Genius when it comes to technology
Above Average when it comes to making plans.

My evidence for him not being genius in plans? The 900 something times they failed to catch a pikachu. Like bruh, just make something new besides anti-electricity nets which break in one iron tail and mechs which break after a good smack.
1. clemont is noteworthy, actuall of those examples are, we also have a thousand normal stages, it is not the normal and they also have the advantage of having, well, power sources of legendary pokemon to begin with, meowth does all of that by himself and his team.

2. from the page:

Extraordinary Genius: Individuals whose knowledge spreads over multiple fields of science and who vastly surpass the real world's upper human limits.

your examples just mean a lot of the pokemon world is EG as well, or else people like rick would be only genius or EG because a bunch of other aliens and ricks can do EG to SG intelligence feats.

3. there are many reasons why this is not so relevant:

-status quo as comic relief
-pikachu has plot armor there and there
-most of the time it takes a lot of pokemon working togheter to beat them
-their plans oftenly get close to working
-plot convenience

yes is still a point about his intelligence but a very minor one

also of course meowth is "local", his entire goal is just capturing a certain pokemon, he has no desire in conquering the world like a tyranny or making nukes or something

messing up is part of the character, he is not a serious villain, look at Doofenshmirtz, supergenius, arguably fails just as much, sometimes worse

i'm holding myself from using alt trio since they pulled a supergenius feat, but like, they neevr interact IIRC and they are so different i can't

fuse alt and main meowth for the ultimate meowth and we get the perfect villain

Back