• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tatsumi vs Tyranitar (speed equalized)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give it to Tyranitar. Dark Pulse and Hyper Beam give him much greater range. He has more experience fighting in a sand storm by his own nature. In strikeing strength tatsumi is listed as PJ and Tyranitar is listed as PJ+(small diffrece I know but still). Tyranitar will resist Tatsumi's fire breathing. And finally Tyranitars Scary Face and Screech can harshly lower Tatumi's speed and Defenses respectively.

The only advantage I see Tatsumi haveing is his invisibility(however I thing the sand storm might give him away) and his metal blades playing in to Tyranitars Steel type weakness. But I don't think that would be enough to give him the win.

Tyrant via experience, flight and adaption. Now before you say anything about the experience part, Tyrant has been living since even the day it was turned into a Teigu. And even before then. So we're talking 1000+ years of seeing everything through the eyes of the users. Not a whole lot to go on but it's still experience.

Okay. But since Tatsumi still has reactive evolution, I still vote for him. Even if Tyranitar has superior range, Tatsumi will end up adapting to his attacks and Regenerationn might help too.

Except Tyranitar has some type of one shot kill move?

Tyranitar should take it. He's so above baseline Mountain that the r-e shouldn't be able to catch up soon enough, especially given Tyranitar's savagery. With unavoidable sandstorms, earthquakes, darkness attacks, and H-Beam spam, I don't see Tatsumi coming up on top.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Okay. But since Tatsumi still has reactive evolution, I still vote for him. Even if Tyranitar has superior range, Tatsumi will end up adapting to his attacks and Regenerationn might help too.
Except Tyranitar has some type of one shot kill move?
Nope. Tyranitar has no OHKO move. And only OHKO moves in pokemon that counts for vs battles are Sheer Cold and Perish Song.

"His Reactive Evolution requires repeated exposure to an attack to activate"

This doesnt sound instant.

RadicalMrR said:
"His Reactive Evolution requires repeated exposure to an attack to activate"
This doesnt sound instant.
False. Let me fix that. It evolved to everything thrown at him once. And he evolved mid way through Esdeaths Mahapdama.

Well this becomes tough since T-tar is in unknown 7-A(though he qualifies for even 6-C) and while tatsumi can become resistant to most of T-Tar's elemental moves T-Tar will still have much larger move diversity, range and home field advantage with the sand storm so i'll be neutral for now.

Those guys that Tatsumi adapted to had better range than him too. It was Esdeath and Budo right? And I'm pretty sure Shikoutazer started out stronger than Tatsumi before his reactive evolution started kicking in.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Those guys that Tatsumi adapted to had better range than him too. It was Esdeath and Budo right? And I'm pretty sure Shikoutazer started out stronger than Tatsumi before his reactive evolution started kicking in.
All correct.

Yeah. Tatsumi's Regenerationn could help him in the very short time he needs to evolve against Tyranitar.

And precognition is indeed an advantage too.

I'm going for Tyrant. He has been shown to adapt near instantly, has flight, regen, and has been able to go against characters with long ranges (Two of which he did before he had flight or regen).

I think you're forgetting that they will be fighting in a sandstorm so Tyrant's sight will be hindered.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
And if he flies above the sandstorm how will he see Tyranitar when Tyranitar can see him?
Same way that Tyranitar can. Tyrant, pre made into a Teigu, has already adapted to the desert, which includes sand storms. Heck, it adapted to give itself the ability to be invisible, which is one way that Tyranitar will not see him.

Being invisible can only take you so far when the opposing pokemon can just earthquake. Payback will deal double damage back to Tyrant as well.

The thing is, a single hit from Tyranitar will heavily cripple Tatsumi. Tyranitar just had that much of an AP advantage. I fully believe that a crunch into a hyper beam would probably do the job in itself.

You guys also got to take note of the AP advantage. Anything Tyranitar does will severely injure Tyrant.

@Crop @Drellix you guys are missing the point, either way hes gonna have a bunch of sand obscuring his vision, this isnt some sort of attack, this is the equivalent of breathing or something passively non threatening.

@Crop give a real life equivalent of 5 turns, than tell me why he would just make another one using sandstorm.

Yeah Sand Stream is a passive ability. And let's say it runs out. Tyranitar can just make another one.

The moment Tyranitar gets ahold of Tyrant. It is game over. Tyranitar is Vicious and has a pretty good AP and Durability Advantage. So much so that a Crunch, Hyper Beam, Stone Edge or EQ combo would be enough to take out Tyrant. Even if Tatsumi hits T-Tar Payback will just deal double damage to him. Thrash would also completely destroy Tatsumi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back