• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Is it too late to vote? I hope not.

Empoleon has the range and ap/dura advantage, and can further that with Metal Claw and Swords Dance. Empoleon also has Swagger that, while increasing Tatsumi's attack power, would leave him confused and increase the risk of him hurting himself, while Whirlpool would restrict Tatsumi's movement. Tatsumi's invisibility might prove problematic, but Empoleon's greater toughness would probably allow it to survive until he becomes visible again. Going to give it to my first starter.

How does Tatsumi's reactive evolution work exactly? Plus, Regenerationn. I think that would be highly problematic for Empoleon, specially if the battle takes too long to end.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
How does Tatsumi's reactive evolution work exactly? Plus, Regenerationn. I think that would be highly problematic for Empoleon, specially if the battle takes too long to end.
He just gets stronger - if I'm remembering correctly, he went from hardly harming the emperor to one-shotting him -, gains resistances and more abilities.

Tatsumi takes this via reactive evolution to the point if near immunity to empolemons attacks, range advantage with flight and fire breath, and Regenerationn along with hard to destroy armor.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
Evolution feats:

Develops resistance to timestop the second time it was used

Developed resistance after a brief encounter with the poison-coated handle of his teigu just before he called upon its activation, though he lost consciousness afterwards as it wasn't fast enough,grew immunity to that type of poison afterwards

Grows stronger, faster and harder as it is willed by the user

Poison gas immunity

Blocks attacks (happened only once though)

Resists lightning immediately after being hit

Resists sound-based attacks

Poison agai

[2]

Developed high-speed Regenerationn

Developed wings to suit his needs

Sheds his humanity

Anyways, voting for Tyrantsumi due to reactive evolution, invisibility and regen.

EDIT: wikia flucked up my format

I'm going to be completely honest, I didn't see reactive evolution. If its as good as being said above, then I'm switching to Tatsumi, because Empoleon would have to use Swords Dance and Metal Claw just to keep up. I still stand by the fact that Swagger would cripple Tatsumi's ability to reliably hit Empoleon for a while, but along with Tatsumi's Reactive Evolution Empoleon would only be helping him close the gap between their power.

Dragon and Steel attacks are weak to Empoleon... means he could set up a Swords Dance even without the use of Substitude and than attack him with an Brick Break (which would hit Tatsumi super effective if he is considered been steel type)

If Tatsumi is not considered having an Type, an boosted Waterfall would be making a lot of damage, than Empoleon would just have to finish him of with am Aqua Jet (which hits always first no matter fast the target is, because its an priority move)

Going with Tatsumi for reasons above.

His Reative Evolution plus Regenaration would eff-up Empoleon in the long fight. It would definitively be a close call me thinks, but I see Tatsumi winning a majority victory.

5 for Tatsumi.

Yeah, Tatsumi's reactive evolution is broken, but hey, second strongest character in the verse for a reason.

Since when Incursio was ever made of metal?

Emp may have some advantage for being resistant to dragon and flying opponents, but Tyrantsumi R.E is very useful, and he is already resistant to ice (And the fact that he can be considered a "fighting type").

I could even say that Tats can take down Emp, as if a simple danger beast was it.

Yeah. Considering Tatsumi resisted an ice-based timestop in an inferior form, I don't think simple ice attacks will be effective anymore.

There's 3 chapters in Akame ga Kill's reddit. You just have to type the title in the search bar.

Back