• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tatsumaki Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have highlighted the thread for more input. Seeing that this may be an important revision thread for Tatsumaki and all, it should be properly discussed.

I agree that the Anime's Timeframe is more reliable however Tatsumaki still wasn't using full power in order to do the feat so it would be at least in Both Speed & Ap still...

Still need to analyze the calc in comparison to Chaos' calcs, but the anime timeframe is generally going to be more reliable compared to the manga's, so if the anime is canon, then the anime timeframe should be taken priority.

Lina Shields said:
Still need to analyze the calc in comparison to Chaos' calcs, but the anime timeframe is generally going to be more reliable compared to the manga's, so if the anime is canon, then the anime timeframe should be taken priority.
Secondary Canon.

I made a comment in the blog about that. If the writer of the manga wasn't involved in the direction in the series itself, should it even be considered canon?

The math for the calc is fine tho.

Huh...

I still against this, but if this occurs, Boros would be downgrade to 1.73e17 Joules or 41.3479924 MT.

I have a doubt, so, if it is can use, We can upgrade the dc of Yusuke for Continental based in anime for example?

Yunthal said:
I have a doubt, so, if it is can use, We can upgrade the dc of Yusuke for Continental based in anime for example?
No.

In this case, the autor of the manga (the main canon) supervise the anime, so this become "secondary canon" (Useful only if it doesn't contradicts the manga)

As far as I know, YYH's anime wasn't supervised by the manga author.

AidenBrooks999 escreveu:
Yunthal escreveu:
Tenho uma d├║vida, ent├úo, se é poss├¡vel usar, nós podemos atualizar o dc de Yusuke para Continental com base no anime por exemplo?
Não.
Neste caso, o autor do mangá (o principal canon) supervisionar o anime, de modo que este se tornar "cânone secundário" (Útil apenas se ele não contradiz a manga)

Tanto quanto eu sei, anime de YYH não foi supervisionada pelo autor manga.

well, Togashi was involved with the animation, he makes the final. He made the final panels of the episodes , including

AidenBrooks999 said:
Yunthal said:
No.
In this case, the autor of the manga (the main canon) supervise the anime, so this become "secondary canon" (Useful only if it doesn't contradicts the manga)

As far as I know, YYH's anime wasn't supervised by the manga author.
He have the credits for writting some episodes:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185133/fullcredits/

AidenBrooks999 said:
Huh...
I still against this, but if this occurs, Boros would be downgrade to 1.73e17 Joules or 41.3479924 MT.
Just curious. How come Boros scales to just one of the kinetic energy of the bullets again? Is there a specific reason for this?

AidenBrooks999 said:
Huh...

err, not really unless you're assuming his heavily supressed forms are only that strong, other forms can fight casual saitama somewhat.

I prefer that we always use the Primary Canon when dealing with things. Doing things the composite way like we are with Onepunch Man can lead to disaster.

Yes. We may have made a mistake there.

Pokemon is also turning into a mess because of the unclear composite continuity.

Lina Shields said:
Just curious. How come Boros scales to just one of the kinetic energy of the bullets again? Is there a specific reason for this?
Supposedly, Base Boros was equal to Casual Saitama, who deflected one of the bullets

So, if we should switch to only using the Webcomic and Manga (both written by ONE) as a basis for our profiles, which characters would need to be rescaled, and in what manner?

In addition, I think that we would have to convince Azathoth that making exceptions for One-Punch Man, regarding what is counted as canon, may be a bad idea.

Well I like to add this as an another possible explanation for this. Consider how the anime follow the events of the manga and it is secondary canon to it. It is possible the bullets was slowing down due to pure visual effects.

We cannot use certain timeframes for the anime and others for manga.

For instance, Saitama's Serious Punch against Boros is threated as a gigantic thing in the manga, with several pages devoted to it happening in slow motion, while in the anime it goes by in 2 or 3 seconds.

I don't think characters would be re-scaled since the Manga Guidebook lists Boros as a Planet Buster

Okay. I have informed Azathoth about this thread in any case.

I see no problem with using the anime if there is little to go by in the manga and as long as it does not contradict the manga.

That said, in this case, there is really nothing serious the anime has provided that cannot be done with the manga, and I would thus prefer using the manga for major calcs unless there is no other option.

As Matt said, nobody needs to be re-scaled since the official Manga Guidebook says Boros was going to destroy the planet, anyway.

Well, the problem is that, as a rule, we only tend to go by primary/original canon, except for composite profiles. Making a specific exception for One-Punch Man could open bad doors for people starting to demand that we do the same for other franchises.

Okay. Thank you for pointing that out. This further illustrates why it would probably be best to only use the manga and webcomic canon.

It depends. Is the calculation based on the anime or the manga?

Well, then I do not think that we can use it.

Are any other OPM characters scaled from feats in the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back