• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tatsumaki Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Saitama done this feat of reacting to the bullets rather casually as the usual while Tornado of Terror react to the very same bullets fired from Boro's ship in Episode 11. Granted they still followed the manga version as it was probably unaltered in term of events, but in terms of visual effects. Well it doesn't take a genius to know that.

Hmm. We may have a problem then.

Would it be possible to redo the calculation based on the manga instead?

Anyway, it is probably best to wait and see what Azathoth thinks before doing anything drastic.

I was responding to Ryukama, but thanks anyway.

@Ant Consider we have to wait on Azzy's decision and my input regarding the anime not following the manga exactly %100. Is there anything else that should be done?

Well, the question is whether or not we should allow anime scaling from the feats that happened the same way both there and in the manga, while avoiding anything that differs.

If the manga does not give us good material for calculations, we might have to do so.

Okay. Thanks, but what about the example that Ryukama listed earlier?

@Ant

That should be switched, since iirc, the manga version of the calc had virtually the same result (both were within the sub-rel to sub-rel+ range, I believe).

Okay. Does anybody have the manga calculation available?

Here

So can any calc members here seriously consider looking over Chaos' speed calculation before implementing this back?

Edit: Wrong calc link. I have updated the calc link above (Tatsumaki's speed, correct)?

Well, you will probably have to place messages on their walls in order for them to notice this thread.

I have done so. Hopefully they'll come. However, Chaos notes that the calc was roughly done on his part. Endless Mike had some major issues with this calc as well.

Okay. Perhaps it should be redone here instead then?

I haven't checked LordXcano's calc yet but from a quick glance i see that he uses cinematic time which is one of the worst ways to calc speed.On the other hand Chaos' calc makes a lot of assumptions that may seem somewhat reasonable at a first glance they may also make the feat look better than what it is.Another problem is that Chaos' calc has no images which makes it more unreliable since we can't check it now.

Also wouldn't finding one bullets speed and then using it to find the KE of the bullets from another chapter be some form of calc stacking? (Not saying it is but it's better to be cautious considering the amount of rules we have for these matters)

Personally i would just use the speed of a real life bullet (some of the fastest) to find their kinetic energy and add their potential energy just to have an approach with less assumptions.(I'll post the calc in a few minutes).

@KKapoios: I will send the calc over to Endless Mike and get the calc checked, since he's a better calc checker than I am. Hope that is okay with you.

@Kkapoios The sheer irony as I forget she also hurl petty much stone and some parts of building as well in that very same chapter, but I think that is still be a downgrade for the most part:

IMG 0150
IMG 0152
Edit: Turns out there is the aftermatch of her reflecting the bullets back at them.

Keep in mind that Genos has a City level feat calculated however, and considering that Tatsumaki > Genos/Bang...

Hopefully someone else will reply to the calc.

@Lina Really? Well if this calc is based on the manga or anime version, I will look at it to be sure. Can you link that City feat calc that apparently came from Genos?

@Lina Unfortunately no, but it said "panel" from this calc so that is definitely refering to the manga and webcomic.

Edits: Oops I forget to sign in so I can see the pictures. Derp

@Aiden If what you said is true, then that will help greatly at least though those calcs still need to be evaluated if they weren't accepted at the time.

Edit: I just have to said I forget things when I not paying attention to it so NM.

It may already be too late but.

Re-reading the comments in that blog it seems Iwandesu actually picked up chao's work and solved the timeframe for the bullets

Iwandesu said:

"so i may as well provide an actually accurated instead of quick estimative version of the calc to get this accepted
http://i.imgur.com/dXVawav.jpg
ship side=1314px
panel height=1236px
2*atan(1314/(1236/tan(70/2))) 53.4702215 degrees
or about 6433.2 meters
doubling it we have
12866.4 meters
projetile calculator gives us 437.95 m/s
http://i.imgur.com/YSRVjWN.jpg panel height is 1003px let's use 1 px as it is not even on panel anymore
2*atan(1/(1003/tan(70/2))) 0.0541327652 degrees
14657 meters
now for the distance saitama crossed
http://i.imgur.com/iCWPD5x.jpg panel height is 1141px
saitama head is 67px
he is an average guy so his height should be about 1.7m
making his head 23.6cm (anime male characters average proportion is 1/7.2)
2*atan(67/(1141/tan(70/2))) 4.70894928 degrees
or 2.8699 meters till saitama and the pov
now cannon diamter is 42px(13.848) (if you wonders why im using this one is because chaos suggestion would means saitama is actually farther than before giving negative distance)
2*atan(42/(1141/tan(70/2)))2.95288758 degrees
or
268.64 meters till the canno
or about 265.78 meters till the canno
http://i.imgur.com/19pWRRz.jpg saitama main body is 174.47px(1.7-0.2362=146.38 m )
panel height is 505px
2*atan(174.47/(505/tan(70/2))) 18.5932671 degrees
3.02 meters from the pov
cannon diameter 19px
2*atan(19/(505/tan(70/2))) 2.04257213 degrees
or about 262.83 meters
which gives me a total of 259.81 m
and a total distance saitama covered of
268.64-259.81=8.83meters
8.83/497.88=0.0177 seconds
travel distance is 12,380 meters
12380/0.0177= 699435 m/s
or mach 2057.161 bullets
E= 22028097.42 x 0.5 x699435^2 x 236
E=1.2716094e+21 joules
or

303.9 gigatons of tnt"

Essentially what he did is find the actual timeframe for the bullet's speed by angsizing Saitama's distance to the ship between the two panels and dividing it by his calculated speed (which is 437.95 m/s). the only assumption here is the distance the bullet crossed.

Okay. What do the calc group members think about Iwandesu's calculation, and if it is accepted, is there some link to it that we can use as a reference?

Note that the speed of those bullets fired has no reason to move at the same speed as a real life bullet when they are fired by a what is a literal spaceship.

Basically, just because a spaceship fires a random bullet with unknown speed =/= speed of real life bullet.

Anyways, Iwandesu's calc for this looks like a giant wall of text so I might redo this for kicks. Also Endless Mike had issues with that calc so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back