• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guacamolefletcher

Username Only
this calc is currently accepted, however...

take a look at the video on youtube:

with these keys on your keyboard:

It's literally a prime case of aimdodging, as once they're fired the beam is instantaneous compared to Spidey's speed, and they don't even activate until he gets out of the way. They're charging up when he aimdodges.

Proposed revision:
Supersonic combat and travel speed (Capable of outpacing the Hunters' omnidirectional electricity[2])

Agree:
Disagree: Lonkitt
Neutral:

Last edited:
I disagree. The game literally requires you to dodge this point-blank attack more than once during the boss fight. The time it takes to charge up isn’t even drawn out

I disagree. The game literally requires you to dodge this point-blank attack more than once during the boss fight. The time it takes to charge up isn’t even drawn out
A frame by frame analysis of every dodge though shows he's out of the way by the time the laser is actually fired, literally, as given in the imgur. The big movement is mostly for show as the literal video shows he's already out of the way. I'm preparing to post a slowed down version

I should note that all of the lasers for the S-01 are stated to move at lightspeed, which would include the mouth one which in-game, you can avoid before it hits yourself or the ground. Whether or not this feat ends up being rejected, Spidey still has a case of reacting to lightspeed attacks

I should note that all of the lasers for the S-01 are stated to move at lightspeed, which would include the mouth one which in-game, you can avoid before it hits yourself or the ground. Whether or not this feat ends up being rejected, Spidey still has a case of reacting to lightspeed attacks
BTW can you help me get more people on this thread?

BTW can you help me get more people on this thread?
Admittedly, I’m a bit unsure of how to go about that. I would like to get some calc members to at the scene and give their own input

I would also like to provide a scan of Spidey’s capability to dodge the mouth laser if we wanted to find something else to go off of regarding speed, but the latter is something I wouldn’t be able to get a scan of despite me owning the game

I would also like to provide a scan of Spidey’s capability to dodge the mouth laser if we wanted to find something else to go off of regarding speed, but the latter is something I wouldn’t be able to get a scan of despite me owning the game
I mean tbh that would be more reliable
Admittedly, I’m a bit unsure of how to go about that. I would like to get some calc members to at the scene and give their own input
Get them to watch the video frame by frame, cause I just showed it to other people in the wiki and they agreed it'd be aimdodging

Here

I mean tbh that would be more reliable
The issue is, because I own the game on console, I don’t really have a nice way of getting the scan in a way where calc members can comfortably observe it. I don’t have a capture card, so I would be recording it raw 2009 YouTube style

Unfortunately, this is for the eye laser and not the one from the S-01’s mouth. Both are lightspeed of course, they’re just dodged in different ways

Unfortunately, this is for the eye laser and not the one from the S-01’s mouth. Both are lightspeed of course, they’re just dodged in different ways
That one would be Sub-Relativistic+ probably.
BTW in the calc itself you can see the video frame by frame. Taking a look at it, the laser probably looks stopped because of wonky hitboxes, tbh.

MY main issue is to the naked eye at full speed it looks like laser dodging, but in reality frame by frame it's an aimdodge

Back