• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TA's 9-B Bracket | Round 7

Round seven is up. We're almost onto the prelims and then the semi's, but now we have an awesome fight for us to see play out.

In this fight, we have Batman from the Arkham series as represented by Caleb TB12 against Not Important from the Hatred series as represented by Genericstickman.

This is the tournament standings: https://challonge.com/p7oir0xj

IMG 1975
IMG 1976
Takes place in a standard arena

Speed Equalised

Batman (Arkham Series): 7 (CinnabarManx421, Litentric Teon, Nico-v11, Zark2099, Jackythejack, Kyschan21, MrKingOfNegativity)

Not Important (Hatred): 1 (Genericstickman)

I mean, to me, Not Important doesn't seem like much more than an insane murderer, which Batman has plenty of experience dealing with. I'll hol voting for now though.

I mean Scarecrow was able to seriously wound Robin with a gun and Robin is comparable to Batman

If the arena is a flat area then Batman would have a disadvantage in stealth

To be fair Not Important is still pretty skilled at what he does, which is shooting, and it's in a standard arena so Batman can't do much sneaking and Not Important has a open view of Batman. All Not Important really has to do is open fire.

He also has the deadlier arsenal...I think? Batman doesn't really kill so...I feel like that'd influence things as Batman would likely be holding back while Not Important wouldn't

As per SBA Batman's mentality towards killing is restricted therefore he will not care about killing. As such he will not be holding back.

Even then not holding back doesn't mean he won't get mowed down by a machine gun from Not Important. It's a super open field and Batman doesn't have many terribly lethal options. Even then his batarang isn't made to kill, right?

Okay, those could help. Sorry I haven't really played the Arkham games.

So he can throw out maybe a couple batarangs, cool. Not Important does have a deadlier arsenal though, including rocket launchers. I don't think it's too far fetched to say he can dodge a couple batarangs...or are they remote controlled? I remember something like that but...ugh the Arkham games are rusty for me.

Either way with guns that can turn humans into tissue paper and an absolute danmaku of bullets I think Not Important could take it. It'd just be...pretty difficult.

Anyway what does standard arena even mean? Is it an open field? Inside with a roof? Colosseum? That's not much to go by.

Regardless Batman throws a smoke bomb and uses stealth. If there's lights and it's closed roof he shuts them off. Not Important gets owned.

Not Important is just some other serial killer that's less impressive than let's say Deathstroke.

When he says standard arena I kinda assumed Something like this but perhaps I'm wrong.

Even if Batman throws a smoke bomb I doubt he'd get far due to the sheer amount of bullets coming at him, or maybe even Molotov's or RPG shots

Batclaw - Used to disarm thugs or pull foes closer. Can be used to pull down vents or weak walls.

Smoke Pellet - Used to escape from armed henchmen when under fire or to distract enemies and beat them up.

Grapple Hook/Gun - Used to grapple to vantage points and ledges.

Sonic Batarang - Used to attract the attention of nearby foes and can incapacitate them when detonated.

Remote Control Batarang - Batarangs which can be controlled to move in a direction, with adjustable speeds.

Remote Claw - Used to aim at enemies to attach and pull them together. It can use to attach objects to enemies and hang them on vantage points (the gadget was used by Deathstroke before Batman took it).

These are just a tiny portion of Batman's weapons from the profile so please tell me how Not Important has a better arsenal?

To be fair I can likely make arguments for all of those.

the batclaw can still be dodged if he knows where it's coming from, so I dunno how useful that could be. Even if he disarms one of Not Important's weapons he has more on his he can just use.

Smoke pellet doesn't stop a ton of bullets heading into the smoke to shoot up batman. Just means that he sprays more bullets and maybe has to switch to another fully automatic gun.

Grapple gun shouldn't be too useful in this fight I wouldn't think? It seems mostly for mobility.

Sonic batarang doesn't help much if Not Important knows where he is, and that's only work in tandem with the smoke bomb thing, and it'd take a bit of time to switch between the two.

The remote control batarang would likely be the biggest problem, but that depends on how it's controlled. Does he physically have to use a remote or how exactly does that work?

Haven't played the game myself but knowing how Batman is in general he's easily more skilled than Not Important and as such can disarm and attack right after much more easily than Not Important can switch weapons.

Again Batman has fought Deathstroke, this is nothing new.

Fair enough I just feel like this is a more open scenario then Batman could be use to. I don't see him being able to pull of a lot of the stuff he normally would if he's going to be shot at right off the gate. I do see where you're coming from, though. It's essentially skill versus an ungodly amount of bullets. Normally I'd say Batman but depending on the environment I think Not Important could take this high diff

Weeelllll I just read more of the profile and Batman can summon the batmobile and another vehicle to the fight....

Disruptor - Used to override guns, medic packs, gun crates and detonate mines.

Ummm your whole argument dies there.....

I mean, it's an ungodly amount of bullets vs an ungodly amount of haxxed arsenal to counter said bullets, so I'll vote Batman as well

It also takes some time to override the gun and it only stays jammed for a few seconds

also what's stopping NI from pulling out another gun?

Genericstickman said:
It also takes some time to override the gun and it only stays jammed for a few seconds
also what's stopping NI from pulling out another gun?
Oh is that how that works?

Never mind an argument can still be made then

I mean, to be fair, Batman kinda does exactly that all the time. Sprinting as bullet lands at his feet and over his head. Flinging smoke bombs, batarangs, and he can even jam guns here. Not Important isn't any different from any other person Batman has faced who can spam bullets. And I doubt the guy is more skilled than Deathstroke. Batman should take this through experience alone. Let alone the fact that his arsenal is literally made to counter such.

Batman: 7 - (Me, Zark, Nico, Cinnabar, KingofNegativity, Kyschan, Jacky)

Not Important: 1 - (Generic)

And grace. Thank you, Jacky.

Back