• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tapus, UBS, and Solgaleo/Lunala Upgrade

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1374469

I am pretty sure it was agreed that Ultra Necrozma becoming 4-B from absorbing 5-B beings makes no sense, and as a result, Solgaleo, Lunala should become solid 4-B (This includes Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings) and the Tapus should get "Possibly 4-B", which should scale to the UBs.

That is what was agreed on. Now for what I think? Seeing as Type:Null/Silvally can combat Ultra Beasts..., well, you guys discuss that I suppose. As long as it doesn't lead to trying to scale every Pokemon in the verse to Solar System.

Azathoth himself and other Admins already rejected this, this is why my thread was rejected.

Actually it was just Azzy who disagreed with it IIRC and the discussion never finished. It died off.

And it was based around the wrong reasons as well.

Just because you absorb someone from one tier and reach a completely different tier as a result does not mean your fusing materials are that tier.

Perhaps it was a mistake to treat this as a fusion case instead of an absorption one.

Because unless im missing something, fusing and absorbing aren't autotmatically the same thing.

I....don't see how.

And I remembered your digimon example from the last thread regarding fusion. While thats the case for fusion, I completely have 0 idea how that applies to energy absorption since you'd be directly absorbing power to add on to your own to reach [insert here] tier.

How about I give you a case from Digimon regarding absorption.

Arkadimon in Hacker's Memory reached 3-C by absorbing a High 4-C and At least 2-A by absorbing a 3-C.

Eaters can become a match for High 6-Cs and beyond by simply absorbing a human or two. No different from other absorption of power.

Unless you want to say that these normal humans are High 6-C by default.

Honestly it's a case by case basis.

In some cases you'll see someone absorb another person and gain their abilities and their power but don't skyrocket as it doesn't multiple by huge magnitudes.

Then you got Super 17!. Two Android 17 fuse and look at the results. Two 4-C's make a 3-C...

If other fictions are being dumb about absorption or fusion, it's their problems. Like Griffin said, it should be taken case by case.

I must say that I don't exactly remember what happened during the fusion. If Necrozma absorbed Solgaleo/Lunala's light (which equates to energy for these legendaries), then they should logically have enough energy to allow Necrozma to reach 4-B just from it alone. It's like if a character would absorb the Ki of another. There is no sudden reaction that causes an increase in power, it's just addition.

There is also the other interpretation (That I'm not sure if it's canon or just a theory) that Necrozma simply cannot keep the light he absorbs by himself, hence no matter how much light he absorbs, he will go back to base Necrozma no matter what. And Solgaleo/Lunala possess this head thingy that allows them to keep light in their bodies. In which case, the absorption of the legendaries wasn't an increase in power at all, and just Necrozma being able to keep its energy in itself. So, even base Necrozma should be 4-B.

Also, reminder that the Gen 7 legends are Low 6-B/5-B via being superior to weaker legendaries. These tiers don't contradict Necrozma's feat.

Saikou brings up a good point about this being case by case and it isn't like absorbing Solgaleo/Lunala multiplies Necrozma's power. It would just be an addition.

So...did we get anywhere? From what I see, the only conclusion is that Solgaleo and Lunala, and thus people who scale to them shouldn't be 4-B.

It all depends on what this case of energy absorbing results in. The way I see it, the only thing we established was power absorbing tier wise should be treated on case by case basis's to not make every one automatically the same.

Well...I guess that we should either get scans of Necrozma not being able to keep the light within himself or just leave the tiers as is.

Back