• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
  • Tanjiro is in his Post-Rehabilitation Training State and is 9-A, Corvo is also 9-A
  • Corvo has his standard equipment
  • Speeds equalized
  • Battle takes place in a forest
Corvo scales to 0.07 tons while Tanjiro scales above 0.08 tons

Tanjirou:

Corvo: 3

Incon: 2

Last edited:
I don't know how this turn out but there are ton of hax that Tanjirou can't resist like transmute and deconstruct, also the time manip/stop kinda op here, speed is equalize so Hypersonic Tanjirou speedblitz is moot here. What Tanjirou could do before Corvo start with all kind of hax at his face

Corvo can timestop when using Blink anyway, so can still reasonably keep up with Tanjiro on his timestop I think. Also Transmutation and Deconstruction doesn't work on targets on impact, it only happens when he actually kills them, so he can't use that on Tanjiro to instakill him

Corvo can timestop when using Blink anyway, so can still reasonably keep up with Tanjiro on his timestop I think. Also Transmutation and Deconstruction doesn't work on targets on impact, it only happens when he actually kills them, so he can't use that on Tanjiro to instakill him
Tanjirou can't resist timestop, if Corvo stop time Tanjirou will stand still, and then he will do all kind of thing he need to bring Tanjirou down. according to SBA he will have his standard equipment which he have The Heart allow for Information Analysis, all Tanjirou abilities will be revealed to him. Corvo also have Precog of his own, so Tanjirou precog is moot here and speed is equalized

That Tanjiro key is getting upgraded to 8-B,
But for now it is basicly fear hax vs time stop hax.

It is not like Corvo will have 5 minutes to observe Tanjiro with the Heart uninterrupted to learn about all of his abilities. It is far more likely for Tanjiro to sense how dangerous Corvo is, and then blitz him via. Demon Slayer Mark amp or using Waltz Flash.
Corvo's precog allows him to visualize enemy routes and destination, which is far less combat applicable than Tanjiro's which allows him to keep up with enemies who can blitz him in combat.

Corvo can also use timestop when he wants to use his own teleport/immense speed. It's not out of character for Corvo to immediately start with timestop in order to get a good few hits on him if not outright kill him. Blink paired with Timestop is more than a match for Demon Slayer Mark or Waltz Flash.

Yeah Tanjiro has the speed advantage but that's about it. Corvo also has Bone Charms that would make it likely that Tanjiro would have trouble hitting him even with the speed advantage via causality manip

Probabily manipulation is for projectiles and grenades, which wouldn't be applicable here (Unless Tanjiro has a bunch of spare swords to toss).
I believe it depends on those two questions:
  • Can Corvo resist Tanjiro's fear/paralysis aura?
  • How soon during a fight will Corvo likely make use of time stop, especially against a swordsman?

The aura of characters is distinct from Tamayo's Blood Bewitchment, which is Mind Manipulation.
It was described as Battle Spirit (which all living humans have in the verse, including infants), and as Spirtual Power. So it is along the line of Chi Manipulation.

The aura of characters is distinct from Tamayo's Blood Bewitchment, which is Mind Manipulation.
It was described as Battle Spirit (which all living humans have in the verse, including infants), and as Spirtual Power. So it is along the line of Chi Manipulation.
So in short yes, corvo should be able to resist it

What is the extent of Corvo's resistance to mindhax?
He can directly interact with The Outsider and spend extended periods of time in The Void with no I'll effects, when normal people who glimpse just small fragments or rifts of the Void are instantly mesmerized to the point of mind control, often being driven mad or losing chunks of their memories with just brief exposure if they dont pass out or die from seeing the void

He can directly interact with The Outsider and spend extended periods of time in The Void with no I'll effects, when normal people who glimpse just small fragments or rifts of the Void are instantly mesmerized to the point of mind control, often being driven mad or losing chunks of their memories with just brief exposure if they dont pass out or die from seeing the void
Don't believe the effect is as immediate as you stated. There are many people who collected bone charms and runes, but not everyone became gradually mesmerized and obsessed like the mad survivor who just had a single rune. Furthermore, the third novel showed a company sending slave labor into a void rift to mine void rocks in order to turn the rocks into fuel; the slaves became tranced to work endlessly and will slowly transform into rock monsters, but when the guards (who are wearing a rubber apron and a metal mask with a bone charm) caught the protagonist they were like 'this is a restricted area, why aren't you wearing protective clothing?', implying that exposure inside the rift doesn't insta-turn people into zombies.

Tanjiro fear feats?
Tanjiro's aura scales to causing internal bleeding, as he alongside the top tiers were unaffected by Muzan's presence:
0067-008.png
KDJNFkp.png

There are also various examples of aura immobilizing opponents (and many examples of humans and demons releasing pressure through their aura):
TXIL3F5.png
YI7o5LO.png
5C03KbA.png

0116-020.png
0116-021.png

Furthermore, the third novel showed a company sending slave labor into a void rift to mine void rocks in order to turn the rocks into fuel; the slaves became tranced to work endlessly and will slowly transform into rock monsters, but when the guards (who are wearing a rubber apron and a metal mask with a bone charm) caught the protagonist they were like 'this is a restricted area, why aren't you wearing protective clothing?', implying that exposure inside the rift doesn't insta-turn people into zombies.
That’s the corruption not the mindhax.

Don't believe the effect is as immediate as you stated. There are many people who collected bone charms and runes, but not everyone became gradually mesmerized and obsessed like the mad survivor who just had a single rune.
Runes are not the Void though. Runes are just bones imbud with magic, im talking about actually looking directly into th void, hell Emily ven has an ability that lets hr directly summon a Void Entity that is a fragmnt of the void given a physical form and it instantly mesmerizes everyone around it into a stupor and then erases their memories.
Furthermore, the third novel showed a company sending slave labor into a void rift to mine void rocks in order to turn the rocks into fuel; the slaves became tranced to work endlessly and will slowly transform into rock monsters, but when the guards (who are wearing a rubber apron and a metal mask with a bone charm) caught the protagonist they were like 'this is a restricted area, why aren't you wearing protective clothing?', implying that exposure inside the rift doesn't insta-turn people into zombies.
Youve literally just proven my point my guy. The guys sent into th Void directly were instantly mindhaxxed, while the guys who did not come into direct contact with the Void were not. The guards of the leviathan company specifically did not interact directly with the void rift, only with th voiderite that the workers mined.

Corvo likely resists the fear aura, so I guess it is up to whether he can get through Tanjiro's weak point clairvoyance in the first sword exchange, as Corvo is unlikely to immediately go for the time stop hax against a single teenage opponent.

Runes are not the Void though. Runes are just bones imbud with magic, im talking about actually looking directly into th void, hell Emily ven has an ability that lets hr directly summon a Void Entity that is a fragmnt of the void given a physical form and it instantly mesmerizes everyone around it into a stupor and then erases their memories.
The magic of the runes is attributed to the Void, and the Void is the only source of magic established in the verse. People in Dishonored occasionally get glimpses of the Void through their dreams, and Emily physically accessed the Void to get her Outsider Mark.
A void entity that casts a spell causing a brief sleep-like state to up to four people, is different to any minor contact with the void causing instant (instead of gradual) mind enslavement.

Youve literally just proven my point my guy. The guys sent into th Void directly were instantly mindhaxxed, while the guys who did not come into direct contact with the Void were not. The guards of the leviathan company specifically did not interact directly with the void rift, only with th voiderite that the workers mined.
The protagonist was inside the rift almost touching rocks and surrounded by the miners, while the guards where by the tunnel entrance (possibly inside the rift). The fact that the guards questioned what she was doing and asked for her to provide identifications, despite the protagonist not wearing protective equipment and being inside the rift, indicates that the rift doesn't cause instant mindhax.

The magic of the runes is attributed to the Void, and the Void is the only source of magic established in the verse. People in Dishonored occasionally get glimpses of the Void through their dreams, and Emily physically accessed the Void to get her Outsider Mark.
A void entity that casts a spell causing a brief sleep-like state to up to four people, is different to any minor contact with the void causing instant (instead of gradual) mind enslavement.
And? Its consistently stated that those people are driven mad by those dreams

The Void entity doesnt cast any spells, it literally just exists
The protagonist was inside the rift almost touching rocks and surrounded by the miners, while the guards where by the tunnel entrance (possibly inside the rift). The fact that the guards questioned what she was doing and asked for her to provide identifications, despite the protagonist not wearing protective equipment and being inside the rift, indicates that the rift doesn't cause instant mindhax.
My dude the protagonist of that story is Billie Lurk, who at that point in the story had already been infused with Void artifacts and magic and thus would resist Void mind hax

And? Its consistently stated that those people are driven mad by those dreams

The Void entity doesnt cast any spells, it literally just exists
It means that some people are more vulnerable to the Void's mental influence than others, and the mental impact happens gradually instead of instantly. The dreams, which were described as glimpses into the Void, drive people mad but it happens gradually which is why complains about repeated dreams exists, and precautions against them (like the Green Lady herbs) are taken; in fact there is a statement that almost everyone gets a dream of the Void at one point.

If we are being technical, the Void Entity sends energy tendril through the opponent's brain. Any lore explanation for why the enthrallment is limited to 1-4 people if the entity just stands still?

My dude the protagonist of that story is Billie Lurk, who at that point in the story had already been infused with Void artifacts and magic and thus would resist Void mind hax
I am aware, but the guards have no idea the intruder has a Mark, and they didn't assume that said intruder was instantly mind hax by being inside the rift.

It means that some people are more vulnerable to the Void's mental influence than others, and the mental impact happens gradually instead of instantly. The dreams, which were described as glimpses into the Void, drive people mad but it happens gradually which is why complains about repeated dreams exists, and precautions against them (like the Green Lady herbs) are taken; in fact there is a statement that almost everyone gets a dream of the Void at one point.
Yes? Seeing as people like Corvo, Emily, Daud, etc. exist with a natural resistance to the Void when everyone else gets mind haxxed by it is kinda testament to that fact.
I am aware, but the guards have no idea the intruder has a Mark, and they didn't assume that said intruder was instantly mind hax by being inside the rift.
Billie doesnt have a Mark

I vote inconclusive.
If Corvo accepts a sword exchange, his defenses will be bypassed by Tanjiro's clairvoyance which will allow him to land a decisive hit.
If Corvo timestops from the start he can strike a defensless Tanjiro.

Back