• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tales Series Discussion Thread

Well, I don't actually own a PS3, I played through Xillia 1 and 2 on emulator, as I own a beefy enough PC to run that stuff, I'd much prefer playing a game optimized for PC, but it doesn't seem like the PC port actually is that, so emulator it is then.

Schnee One said:
EX Dungeon yes
If you did the EX Dungeon successfully, you are definitely fine to do any of the other optional content. The Phoenix boss fight is accessed by finding all of the nor dolls and the cameo is started at the inn in Yseult.

Chocolat from Symphonia. Granted she does kinda improve later on after realizing how much of an idiot she is, but before dear lord is she stupid.

Mohs from Abyss. He has some motivation for doing the stuff he does but I still wished for his death.

Last edited:
For Berseria, I'd probably have to say Oscar, he isn't bad, but he's just eh, also incest wibes.

For Zestiria, most of them, the only good ones are Edna and Zaveid if you know the context behind him aka if you've played Berseria, Dezel is alright too.

For Abyss, I agree with it being Mohs, I wanted them to kill him much earlier than he actually died.

I absolutely despise Oscar as a brother.

Seriously, the dude was told to stop fighting and they were going to let him leave but his stubbornness and idiocy got him and his sister killed

Granted his sister is also an idiot so eh, two less of them.

For Vesperia, it's probably Alexei, he's like Artorius or Van but without the development or background those two had, he tries to fit the messiah archetype, but fails due to the horrible things he's done with little justification.

Schnee One said:
I absolutely despise Oscar as a brother.

Seriously, the dude was told to stop fighting and they were going to let him leave but his stubbornness and idiocy got him and his sister killed

Granted his sister is also an idiot so eh, two less of them.
Admittedly, they would've killed them later anyways for the souls and whatnot, but I do agree he should've just walked away.

That doesn't matter.

His stupidity lead him to keep fighting a battle he couldn't win and even if he did he would have left Teresa without a brother

Idiot.

For Xillia it's probably Nova, she's super annoying and also can't read the situation at all, imo they should've just told her what was actually happening, maybe then she'd leave them alone.

Schnee, I had discussed this with Saint Rider a while back, do you think the Elemental Empyreans should be keys for Oscar, Teresa, Melchior and Shigure or should they have a seperate profile with all of them or something?

So what are these Tales of Arise feats lookin like? I'm almost done with the game and some insane stuff has happened.

So what are these Tales of Arise feats lookin like? I'm almost done with the game and some insane stuff has happened.
At least 5-B. Most likely Low 2-C.
A fraction of the final boss is said to be able to "end all of existence" and that its power would bring about "the end of time". So yeah.
Also one of the cameos is Chronos from Xillia.

Less certain on speed feats. I think the usual lightning speed might be what scales to most people as I believe some spells call down lightning from the sky and you can dodge that. Might be some light stuff too but that's less clear. There's vehicles that might be FTL also but I don't think that actually scales to any characters.

Actually thinking about it no there's one guy that pretty much just jumps from a Moon to a planet in short order. That probably only scales to the main protag though, not sure if it does for the others.

Or it would be if I hadn't forgotten there was a spaceship there and that it wasn't actually that, nevermind.

Last edited:
Doubt low 2-C because by all of existence they likely meant the planet
IMG_20211010_205055.jpg

It's definitely not just the one planet given the, you know, other one that's there. IIRC they also imply that the Great Spirit won't stop with just Dahna, although that may be an over time thing in that case.

Well it's main goal was still centred around just Rena and Dahna. I don't remember that being implied but it would still be overtime anyway.

Bump? Sorry if that's not allowed.

But I'd love to see some conversation around tales again. Especially since I feel like the profiles are kinda old. I'm playing through tales games starting with Xillia (it's the easiest one I've got access to. I'm missing some other's unfortunatly.)

Tales as a whole has kinda felt like it's been forgotten it seems. not a single revision or additional profile in years. only just minor corrections.

Some of the folks ended up retiring, though I plan on getting the series revised once the rest of my bucket list is done.

Back