• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tales Series Discussion Thread

The void thing is probably just BFR for Chronos, that's about it.

We should determine how to tier Maxwell too, because his tier will determine that of the Xillia 1 cast.

I believe the options and justifications would be either:

"At least 4-A (His existence is stated to maintain the Temporal Crossroads, a weakened and restrained Maxwell would have annihilated the Crossroads if not for Jude and Milla's interference), likely Low 2-C (As one of the Three Primordial Spirits, he should be comparable to Chronos)" or

"Low 2-C (Should be comparable to his Spyrite self, who could damage enemies that Ludger's Stage 3 Chromatus couldn't damage)".

As much as I would like to up the tier of the Xillia cast to Low 2-C from the very beginning, there is no feats higher than 4-A it seems in the first game, changing Maxwell to Low 2-C due to actions in the second game makes little sense.

However, this is conflicting since alive Maxwell is obviously stronger than his sprite self, since spyrites have a limited amount of mana due to being a fossil and depends on a human for mana, and alive Maxwell doesn't have that restriction. So I agree with "At least 4-A, likely Low 2-C?". I think Xillia 2 was a massive retcon to the power scaling of Xillia 1, so it's impossible to retroactively upgrade.

The only way I can see Xillia 1 Maxwell upgraded to Low 2-C, is if there's any mention of him creating the universe itself in the first game. Since he is the Lord of Spirits, and Chronos and Origin did not exist in the first game, then perhaps he might have been mentioned to be responsible for creation itself, since the first game made it clear that Maxwell was responisible for soul reincarnation. The second game retconned it to make Origin reincarnate all Elympian souls, and Maxwell all Rieze Maxian souls.

Other possible feats of Maxwell that may be Low 2-C, is that he can freeze time in his boss battle, and the Temporal Blade can breach though time and space and that was a sword made by him. I believe both Muzet and the sword were described as being able to bend though time and space, so maybe that can be used as an impressive feat.

Anything dealing with freezing and breaching time is hax. Only destroying time itself would be a Low 2-C feat and I don't recall Maxwell having anything like that.

By the way, you can take a look at my WIP rewrite of Ludger's profile here.

I do agree 4-A is more consistent for Xillia 1 Maxwell, though his Spyrite self being infinitely stronger makes little sense, however, Xillia 2 does place him at that level, he'll likely have 2 keys then, Xillia and Xillia 2.

I hated that chapter, since it had too much science fiction, even though multiple Tales Games have done the future civilization, it felt forced in the Xillia series which was mostly fantasy in the first game, with some sci-fi in the second game. But I suppose it would be included if he had a profile.

Also I suppose, we need a profile for the Lance of Kresnik as a weapon? It is able to hurt Maxwell, and kill him, so a 4-A weapon? Or is it hax, since it can absorb all life energy? Also a temporal blade profile, or that can be included as a extra key for Gaius called: With Temporal Blade.

I do agree it felt kinda out of place and wasn't really ever explained properly.

The Lance of Kresnik probably warrants a weapon profile, not sure if the Temporal Blade does, that might just be part of Muzet's and Gaius' profiles.

Something I noticed while refighting Bisley yesterday, he seems to absorb some of Chronos' power before he fights you, doesn't he? He stabs Chronos with the spear, then later stabs himself with it to activate his Chromatus.

The Lance would be 4-A for restraining Maxwell, while also having life draining and power absorbing hax.

Found this from Bisley's tales of wiki page ". While Chronos is wounded, Bisley breaks from his cage using Elle's Key of Kresnik powers combined with his chromatus transformation, which takes Chronos out of the fight. " I'm guessing using Origin's powers increased Bisley Chromatus transformation, rather than bisley absorbing Chronos power itself. Since if you see the lance that Bisley stabs himself with, it has a white spark emitting from it, and the void is white.

Also notice before when Bisley stabbed Chronos with the lance, he also had Elle stabbed on the lance at the same time (best alternate universe granddad ever!), implying that Elle was helping him stab Chronos. So I believe Bisley's transformation is a mix between his powers and the key of kresnik, not Chronos power.

That seems reasonable, so that adds another to the scaling chain with Amped Bisley being > Normal Bisley.

Also, I'm curious, did you come to this wiki solely because of Tales or do you have other interests on here as well?

I am a frequent lurker of this wiki, looking of power levels of franchises on this wiki. But yes, I did come to this wiki to help revamp the Tales franchise, since it was one of the few franchises that I knew I could help on that needed obvious revamping. Other franchises, I'm interested in such as the MCU, Metal Gear Solid,and Avatar the Last Airbender, have plenty of fans that obtain feats all the time, and require no assistance.

I have checked to see if the Tales of Xillia vsbattles was updated for around a year, and then read on the Tales of Fourms here that almost none of the people have played Xillia 1 and 2, so I thought I could add my input.

So you came here the same way as I did, interesting. I too came here to help with the Tales franchise, if anything, it's because of me that any of the recent revisions happened at all.

Anyways, I'm glad to have more Tales fans on this site.

You played any other Tales games?

Yes, Xillia 1 was my first game. then I have played Xillia 2, Zestiria, Graces, Symphonia, Symphonia 2, Berseria, and Tales of Hearts R on vita, in that order. Abyss I own on 3ds but it is on my backlog, and Vesperia I have on ps4, but also currently on my backlog. I have heard great things about those two, but just have so many other games.

I don't remember the other games as much as the Xillia games since it was my first, and plus the length of Xillia+Xillia 2 is around the length of Berseria, so it's easier to remember, and plus I never got the time to plat the other games, and platting the Xillia games made it easy to remember a lot of the events of the story.

I do remember Tales of Hearts R somewhat, since I played it only 6 months ago, but games like Beseria, I would never have to rewatch a lot of the cutscenes, since it's a lengthy game, and I played it last year.

I've played Berseria, Abyss, Zestiria, Vesperia, Xillia 1 and 2 in that order and am planning to play Graces F next.

Abyss and Vesperia are great, Abyss is the second best Tales game of the ones I've played, though gameplay wise it is somewhat dated, the story more than makes up for it, Vesperia is pretty good too, though not as good as Abyss.

Can anyone find a full body image of Maxwell? I've been searching but I have found absolutely nothing, no concept art, nothing, despite side characters having full body concept art. The best I got for now was this
Maxwell Cut-in (ToX)

Honestly for profiles that have very limited images and half images are the best you got, it's better to use that. At least until someone DOES find a full body image of him.

I am using that, it just seems stupid to me that a character as major as he is wouldn't have any full body art out there.

Your best bet for Origin is just getting a screenshot from the game. He probably has no concept art since he only appears at the end of the game, and his design is not that creative, as it's just a pure light boy. Maxwell probably doesn't have concept art for XIllia since he has concept art from other tales games, and the Xillia version is a minor variation of it. His design is afterall just a grumpy old guy. At least Chronos has his own concept art, since he's a new character.

Maxwell does look pretty drastically different in Xillia than the other games though, both general appearance and the throne. Origin is probably gonna have to be a screenshot though.

I don't exactly remember, I believe he was stated to be the second most skilled behind Artorius, but I may be misremembering.

I think the mistake I made was mixing powerful and skilled, I believe he was stated somewhere to be the second most powerful.

Shigure is one of the few decent exorcists. Unlike most of them, he didn't treat his malak as a tool, but as a friend and gave her back her free will. He's a good dude. Had the game gone slightly differently, I could've seen him joining the party.

Berseria is my first Tales game.

I'll play Abyss at some point but MK11 and AC7 have me tied up

Story wise, Berseria and Abyss are up to par, the thing that makes the biggest difference is the gameplay, Abyss is dated and it feels dated, Berseria has the best combat in the Tales Series and some of the best combat I've seen in any game in general. That's what puts it above Abyss.

Symphonia is up there for mostly nostalgia reasons, but it's still a damn good game in its own rights. And Co-op with a friend is always a nice treat in general.

I'd wanted to check out Symphonia but from what I heard the PC port was absolutely awful.

Also, Schnee, did you do any of the optional stuff in Berseria? Like the EX Dungeon, the cameo fight or the Phoenix boss fight?

You're better off getting the Chronicles version on PS3. It has all the content from the PS2 version on top of DOTNW. Granted DOTNW is like the black sheep of the series right next to Zestiria, but a two RPGs in one deal doesn't sound bad to me.

Back