• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Take a walk on the Dark Side - Akuma vs Darth Vader

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can't go through ''everything''. There have been metals that have been shown to be lightsaber resistant. Not sure about the temperature.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
It can't go through everything. There have been metals that have been shown to be lightsaber resistant. Not sure about the temperature.
The lightsaber is likely a plasma weapon of some type. Minimum temperature would presumably be in the range of 1000 degrees Celsius, but almost certainly higher. Almost every material in Star Wars is destroyed near-instantly by a lightsaber blade, and, as thus, either has a very low melting point, or, lightsabers can reach obscene temperatures.

I favor the latter idea, and I also consider the Lightsaber capable of reflecting Chi attacks, (it deflects Force Lightning and shots from TIE fighters, a Hadouken wouldn't be too surreal, especially due to powers such as Kinetite, Tutaminis, and, of course, Force Lightning existing in Star Wars)

Thus, in weapons, Vader is superior. Vader also has armor tough enough to withstand most of Akuma's attacks, at least for a short while, so one shot wouldn't down Vader. However, Vader's lightsaber would cause serious damage to Akuma.

Vader also has superior hax, but there is one way Akuma could win. If Vader was disarmed, and caught off guard, the Raging Demon would certainly kill Vader, no questions asked. But Vader, still, holds more options to kill anyway, and might be forewarned with his mind reading abilities.

Akuma is the better hand-to-hand fighter by a long shot, but lacks the hax to keep up.

TL;DR: Vader wins, but with some difficulty.

That temp is not that much tbh but good point.

How about the fact that Akuma can go intangible, can teleport and has a pretty big advantage in range?

ScarletFirefly said:
That temp is not that much tbh but good point.
How about the fact that Akuma can go intangible, can teleport and has a pretty big advantage in range?
Not sure if intangibility creates immunity to mindhax like Vader's, and Vader isn't lacking in the range department either. As long as he can SEE Akuma, he can Force Choke him.

Also how does Force Choke work against an opponent equal to Vader in strength. IIRC he only kills fodders with it.

ScarletFirefly said:
Also how does Force Choke work against an opponent equal to Vader in strength. IIRC he only kills fodders with it.
To be fair, this is because nonfodder opponents in Star Wars have the Force, which they use as a shield againt Force attacks, including Force Choke. Even if Akuma could resist Force Choke (which I doubt), he'd still have to dodge a hail of thrown objects, from pebbles to trees, as well as whatever isn't bolted down around them.

Argument for Akuma:

Intangibility + Superior at close range + Raging Demon. Teleporting is very scary on somebody like Akuma. Any thrown object meets a rain of Zanku Hadokens and Tatsus. Akuma also has the higher stats(Having "At Least High 7-A"), along with far higher striking strength(Vader's AP comes from Lightsaber/Force, not physical combat while Akuma's stats come from the fighter himself). Shun Goku Satsu(Raging Demon) is a straight up OHKO, making closing the gap the easiest condition for victory.

Argument for Vader:

Massively Longer Ranged Attacks + Weapon + Weak Precog. Vader's force is among the greatest in Star Wars, even counting the EU. His energy manipulation is capable of negating the Zanku Hadoken approach entirely(Verse Equalization). Akuma is forced to get past a powerful defense before even fighting Vader. Barriers will be the way for Vader to repel Akuma, as environmental projectiles(Default Fighting area for VS battles is in Times Square) will be worthless.

In the end, I see Akuma taking this with mild difficulty. If there were more details with the fight, such as range, location etc., this could turn out a lot different. Teleport + Raging Demon ends up winning this. The Lightsaber's effectiveness isn't exactly clear here. If say, Ashura Senku(Teleport) was banned from use, the Lightsaber would be far more apparent. Cool match idea btw.

Well we know Akuma is almost consistently holding back and could turn into Shin Akuma any time if he needed/wanted to but I'm guessing Shin Akuma is excluded from this matchup. That seems a little weird to me. "This guy is tough and could possibly kill me if I keep holding back... But nah, I won't try any harder."

Anyway, if we're talking Akuma holding back vs Canon Darth Vader then I say Darth due to hax with high difficulty. I don't think Akuma has even fought a telekinetic being before (expect Oro but he only uses telekinesis on objects). Akuma could defeat him with projectiles but I think he's the kind of fighter to test Darth with close-combat first and Darth has both pre-cog and a long weapon. He could also kill Darth with Raging Demon but once again, Akuma prefers to test his opponents first and once Darth holds him in place with the force... bye bye.

ScarletFirefly said:
That's what says in his profile though.
That's a mistake. Vader and even Anakin have used Force Choke a plethora of times in the Disney canon. It's his signature ability in fact. Now as for the question of whether he can use it on Akuma, it depends on his mental state. Normally, he's never used it on anyone above fodder and I'm not sure if his casual Force Choke would have the AP to affect Akuma. But if he is angered enough, he could probably choke out Akuma. Ventress once when emotionally unstable managed to choke two High Councillor level Jedi whom she's normally no match for.

ScarletFirefly said:
I'm not sure on this one. Does the lightsaber go through anything? Is there a set temperature to it?
It can potentially cut through neutronium impregnated durasteel, which has High 7-A durability even in the Disney canon. I think the lightsaber can cut through Akuma indeed but not with a glancing slash. It has to be a dedicated power blow. Though an upcoming episode of Rebels could change this.

Based on everything I've read so far, I'm torn. But am leaning slightly more towards Akuma with high difficulty (especially after what I read on his profile).

Akuma can punch an island into peices and if Vader gets hit by the raging demon, he's gonna be VERY dead. But at the same time, the Force could let vader space Akuma and counter Akuma's projectiles. I'm giving this to vader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back