• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tai Lung vs Blake Belladonna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tai Lung has the AP advantage (p sure) and the skill advantage, and also resists fire if Blake decides to use it, but that's about it. Clones will be really annoying for Tai Lung, he can't paralyze her if she has a forcefield up, he's outranged and would likely be arrogant to start with.

He's likely gonna use those pressure points the moment he gets annoyed, but he's going to have to get through aura to do that. Does Blake have anything that can take him down? Close combat is Tai Lung's forte

Hmm, would she lead with range spam though? Cause it's quite hard to gain distance on an angry Tai Lung.

Her entire fighting style revolves around agility, dodging attacks using her semblance to constantly keep opponents off balance and hit them with point blank elemental bombs from out of nowhere

I'd say fairly good. Honestly despite the AP advantage, I feel like Blake's dust and bullets would slow down Tai Lung. She has a high difficulty match going for her but I think she's likelier to win.

Both are very good, and due to a lack of ranged attacks Tai would constantly have to deal with the possibility of getting frozen solid or fighting a statue instead of a faunus at a moments notice

Also Blake's Blade Beams would help a lot here

We all know that, another advantage though minor is his lifting strength, if Tai Lung gets close he has Class M vs Blake's Class K lifting strength.

Yeah, Tai Lung would easily win if this was purely a CQC fight. But with range + dupes factored in, I'm not sure who would win, slightly leaning towards Blake

From what i read here, Blake take this with high difficulty, she can just play middle range so she didn't get caughted by Tai CQC.

No, Blake doesn't beat Tai in CQC. Tai Lung is more skilled, stronger, has better lifting strength and is more ruthless.

What Blake does beat Tai Lung in is range + versatility, which includes dupes to keep Tai Lung at a distance. The battle depends on how likely Blake is to range spam Tai Lung.

"Less than a 2x difference is extremely minimal"

No, a difference of 1.8x is considerable and enough for Tai Lung to kill Blake very quickly CQC, when he has that advantage, an absolutely massive skill advantage given he's trained all his life in multiple forms of martial arts, likely including disarmament, while Blake's training level is unknown.

Tai Lung takes this, mid-low difficulty. You people are overestimating the advantages Blake has

-Her dupes might be useful, but Tai Lung would eventually figure out the shadow dupes and would easily break out of the one that could immobilize him (A la Torchwick)

-While she does have superior range, that doesn't matter because

A) she never fights exclusively at range, and always has gone CQC mid-fight, often more than she actually uses ranged attacks. And when that happens, she's going down fast and hard

B) She's not cunning enough in battle to stay at range until she figures out Tai Lung's power compared to hers.

-While she does have more versatility than Tai Lung, being versatile doesn't matter against someone who is stronger, more skilled, and more dangerous than you are.

Also, Tai Lung is a considerably smarter fighter than Blake. He has used enemy attacks to help himself (such as breaking out of his chains by simply putting said chains where the arrow was going to hit), and is quite clever at using the environment and objects in it to his advantage (his breakout and his fight with the furious 5 being examples

Lastly, upon rewatching some fights for both, Tai Lung is honestly more dexterous than Blake.

Tai is only 1.6x stronger and her aura allows her to take hits from people much stronger than that

Spammable Blade Beams would paralyze Tai and at the distance theyre starting Blake would absolutely lead with ranged attacks

Also torchwick never broke out of blakes clones

WeeklyBattles said:
Tai is only 1.6x stronger and her aura allows her to take hits from people much stronger than that
Spammable Blade Beams would paralyze Tai and at the distance theyre starting Blake would absolutely lead with ranged attacks
1.8x, Blake doesn't have paralysis inducement and she'll be relying on her aura to not get paralysed herself. If it goes down, so does Blake most likely

Bruce seems to make a lot of sense here. Blake isn't one for only range spamming, and the moment she gets into melee range, chances are she's not leaving without taking an insane amounts of damage. While it's close, I'll go Tai High-Diff.

Going to be honest here, while a 1.8 gap isn't as big as Bruce thinks it is. That advantage does help, not only that but I agree that Tai is far more skilled at CQC.

Blake would have to finish him quickly to win and I don't see that happening. Blake isn't the type to range spam and I don't think Tai will give her the chance to move away when she realizes she can't beat him up close.

His higher Lifting Strength and AP means she isn't able to hold him in ice either.

Voting for Tai Lung for the reasons above.

One issue with the likes of that. Even if he forces a close combat, Blake can still use guns up close. In fact, due to his lack of knowledge regarding guns he might get tagged a few times and those bullets can hurt and make him bleed.

There's still the issue of Blake letting decoys take the hit for her and that can cause trouble for Tai Lung. Especially since that means he won't be able to go offensive or berserk since attacking mindlessly could get him frozen. He's composed and not afraid to use tactics, such as using rubble for a range weapon.

But the clones are a pain for him.

GyroNutz said:
1.8x, Blake doesn't have paralysis inducement and she'll be relying on her aura to not get paralysed herself. If it goes down, so does Blake most likely
Blake does in fact have paralysis inducement, look at her powers and read the description of Blade Beam

'look at her powers'

sorry for not being able to look into the future lol. I'd like to see scans/clips of this paralysis if you're just gonna add it like that, at the very least

It stuns for a very short amount of time, and shouldn't affect someone who was pretty much unaffected by the tortoise shell restraint.

The tortoise shell is designed to keep him in place for a very long time. Being frozen in place is drastically different. That said I do agree that it's at best gonna keep Tai Lung in place for a bit, but that's still enough for Blake to keep on whittling him down.

If she aims at the right place she might weaken him further too.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
The tortoise shell is designed to keep him in place for a very long time.
Yeah, by paralysing them. Immobilising his nerves. The method is pretty much the same, though it likely will slow him down.

@Weekly knowing Oogway, that was probably some more powerful variant of the nerve attack. Besides, that was 20 years prior to Tai Lung's on-screen appearance, and Shifu even said that he had grown stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back