• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

System XX Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea how this didn't happen any sooner, but System XX has no reason to scale to the canonical version of the Azure. Why? Because Cross Tag Battle is literally a Super Smash Bros-esque massive crossover between tons of series with its own original story, it isn't connected to BlazBlue at all beyond BlazBlue being part of the crossover, meaning it has no reason to scale to its canon feats and should be treated the same as Ultron-Sigma.

It seems straightforward and uncontroversial to apply this change.

I mean, yeah, the downgrade part was pretty obvious. Now the real reason I made this thread is... what would it be downgraded to? Since all the feats in the profiles are scaling to canon BlazBlue instead of anything from the crossover.

If you have a video or scan saying that, then bring it here, since that would make it 2-C iirc.

But Crosstag is very much diffeent from Smash Bros tho

like, Smash Bros characters are canonically not even the characters, bu toy versions of them granted life
Meanwhile, Cross Tag's setting is that of the main serie fused with others

... That's not what I meant by Smash Bros-esque. And the fact you admit that yes, this is a crossover game between multiple different series, proves my point.

I'm sure it has been stated that this isn't even canon to BlazBlue in the first place, so this basically goes like they simply don't scale to the "main" canon

but since it's a Blazblue game, isn't more like Dante appearing in SMT: Nocturne but on a bigger scale ?
The two are completely different scenarios, especially since Dante appears in other SMT games, novels and his group are a canon part of the setting. Cross Tag Battle is far closer to Marvel vs Capcom, another crossover game about the exact same thing.

Well despite the references to the main continuity of BlazBlue it is completely non canon, I don't see a reason for it to have a profile let alone scale to the main continuity of the series. If you really want to give it a profile we should be scalling feats from the crossover instead.

Sorry for not replying sooner, I was busy.

Do you have any suggestions for members that I should ask to comment here?

Last edited:
there's also another 2-C feat, that being System XX fusing the like 7-8 universes of the series togheter to make the one of the game

Oh, nice. I have talked with Glass in the past about this and we never finished that convo but the idea was about it not scaling to Canon BB in any way or form and only keeping the feats from the game.

I haven't played the game yet (while Glass has iirc) so I rather wait for him on the matter, he has been busy this week so I don't know when he will be able to reply.

I'm not so sure on this tbh. Considering the fact that wasn't it someone knowledgeable that stated on how its comparable doe with how tag works i'm not sure. Like tony i rather wait for glass

I'm back. Also I'm ok with them downgrading System XX to 2-C since it did make a phantom field that warped their own universes in the story mode, and even plan on absorbing everything from their universes had they not been stopped.

Thank you for the input. The consensus here can probably be applied then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back