• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Two telekinesis (or at least pseudo-TK) wielding glass cannon villains from Disney.

Syndrome (With gadgets but Omnidroid is restricted) vs Ebony Maw

Win via KO, incapacitation, or death. SPEED EQUALIZED

Usually I'd list AP here but it doesn't really matter in this fight.

The Incredibles - Syndrome - Render
Ebony maw transparent background by camo flauge-dbh4gc0

Syndrome has a decent chanse, I believe.

There are 2 occasions where he started by paralyzing his opponents without saying anything, the first of them not knowing some of his opponents and their powers. In his first confrontation with Mr Increible he was arrogant, yes, but his opponent already in an unwinnable position and Syndrome knew his capabilities. Iirc he didn't even wanted to kill him. Maw had time to introduce himself to his enemies and talk with Strange, his main objective.

This is not a vote.

Unless he can restrain someone with TK being High 6B I fail to see how

Syndrome can't break out of Maw's TK, Maw can as his TK is much stronger

Maw requires a gesture. He can't move an inch of his body under Syndrome's zero point beams. That said, it's still a beam, so Maw still wins for being able to avoid it.

Maw never moved a person by themselves with his TK that I can remember. In order to move Strange he had to strap him to a slab of concrete using a bunch of pipes and wires and whatnot.

He doesn't have too.

He can lift up nearby objects around him and then attack or restrain from all directions

It also won't be hard to perceive the beam due to his ehnhanced senses which are good enough to attack while not looking

Also the beam is nearly instantaneous and Maw isn't going to be expecting it. And Syndrome can also dodge the objects Maw might throw at him.

BTW when has Syndrome demonstrated hundreds of meters with technology? Especially the Beam?

He likely summoned the jet he was going to use at the end of the movie by context, the control of the Omnidroid was working at like, little more than 100m. But his beam likely has the same range as Maw's TK.

Is Syndrome able to paralyze the mind aswell, cause i think thats where Ebony's powers comes from. If not, he should still be able to use his telekinesis perhaps?

Do they both start of monologing?

Cause if so, Syndrome could send a small drone to distract him before he points the finger maybe?

If not, its merely inconclusive

Gargoyle One said:
Unless he can restrain someone with TK being High 6B I fail to see how

Syndrome can't break out of Maw's TK, Maw can as his TK is much stronger
Didn't know High 6-B could resist qauantum level paralysis

I Know

It's called "Think and throw a 10-B into space"

He can also just dodge with his ehnhanced senses

He can't dodge it, it has way to much attack speed in its own verse. Hence nobody there was able to do so.

The point is: I don't see a high 6-B physically overpowering paralysis that powerful. Oh and Syndrome looks way more likely to use his had in character. It's Pointing a LS laser vs a sentence.

Eficiente said:
He can't dodge it, it has way to much attack speed in its own verse. Hence nobody there was able to do so.
None of the characters even have ehnhanced senses to begin with nor did the start hundreds of meters away.

That, and Syndrome needs to still point at Maw making it easier

Maw's ehnhanced senses come from hitting Spider-Man web swinging behind him. That's not going to help him againt something with such superior attack speed.

Not as if Maw could literally think and just defeat Syndrome. Also have you seem all the times he pointed and fired that thing? He's very fast at it, faster than what we saw Maw do.

Actually it is, being able to see and attack an enemy without looking>Perceiving someone trying to point at you. Not like it matters since speed is Equal.

Syndrome also can't point and defeat Maw, he summons a bunch of objects around him which can distract Syndrome before binding them.

Maw is also much more intelligent then Syndrome and is capable of swarming him with projectiles

Speed being equal don't take away the higher attack speed factor. Maw may sense Syndrome pointing his finger at him but then what? He would magically be able to do something about it? He needs to see the attacks to protect himself from them.

>"Maw is also much more intelligent then Syndrome"

This is outright wrong. Syndrome shot his thing and won twice, and before saying anything. He just try to escape when he couldn't beat the Omnidroid and didn't present himself to Mr Increible until being prepared. Maw gave a speech to the heroes without knowing their powers, approached to Strange and conversed with him without having the advantage over him.

Yes it does.

That's the literal entire point of Speed being Equal.

Incorrect on Maw, as shown by Thanos's interactions and the fact that Maw literally knew Strange had the time stone means he actually was aware of their abilities and yet, through sheer TK and flight alone managed to restrain the physically much stronger before he could one shot him, on top of the fact that Maw's restrains can take anywhere, from wire to the ground

<He would magically be able to do something about it?

Aimdodge+Restrain+Projectile Spam+Literally anything since Syndrome is 10B physically.

Oh and Syndrome can't hit him outside his range either.

That beats the purpose of using an attack whose only strategic advantage is that it is faster than the character itself, give a second I think this was discussed before. I'm going to look for the thread.

We discussed before yes, it just never stuck

Of course that's still one of many points I brought up so.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Maw never moved a person by themselves with his TK that I can remember. In order to move Strange he had to strap him to a slab of concrete using a bunch of pipes and wires and whatnot.
Yes he can.

Maw threw Cull Obsidian aside when Cull was thrown back, and Maw was levitating Doctor Strange when Maw went to pilot the ship, and when Maw was torturing Strange.

Back