• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword art online revision, meta style

But that's in the augmented reality world, and as we have it right now on the profiles, it only counts as real life. Dunno if we should add it, but it could still be calced. The snake whip thing should also be calced btw.

Well crap I just saw the scans for Vol 12, and apparently all Quinella did was create giant ass walls around the 4 human empires in an instant (Stated to be so: "The masses did not quarry marble and pile them up over years for those walls. Quinella... no, Administrator made them appear in an instant with her godlike might." "...In-Instantly!? Those walls!? That's way beyond the limits of sacred arts... the people of Centoria back then must have been shaking in their boots...?"). That may or may not be calced since I dunno if that can count as AP, but that's definitely not tier 6, so rip. The only confirmed tier 6 feat for Alicization now is the world shaking feat.

Also here's the scans for the controlling the world thing:

"Going back two hundred and seventy years into the past... Quinella successfully called out the entire command list, firstly raising her own authority level to the maximum; one capable of directly interfering with the Cardinal System controlling the world. Next, she endowed herself with all of the authorities that only the Cardinal System possessed. Terrain and building manipulation, item generation, even the manipulation of the durability belonging to dynamic units, including humans... or in other words; the manipulation of Life..."

"Manipulation of... Life. Then that means, in other words, her life span..."

The youthful sage gave a composed nod at my timid query.

Can someone go get the relativistic speed off kirito's page? It keeps saying my session expired and the quote literally says he moved before it shot- it's not valid for speed.

The dude shot multiple light speed attacks, and I remember specifically Kirito created mirrors or something during the dodging to deflect them.

The reason why he's not actually light speed is because he eventually got hit during his dodges.

Xmark12 said:
The dude shot multiple light speed attacks, and I remember specifically Kirito created mirrors or something during the dodging to deflect them.
The reason why he's not actually light speed is because he eventually got hit during his dodges.
Be that as it may, the link goes to the quote of him dodging prior, with no quotes of the mirror; during the dodge or otherwise. Either the mirror link needs added so it can be analyzed or the relativistic speeds need to be taken down because the current source for it is not viable for relativistic speeds.

@Friendly the actual calc explains everything as to why he's that speed. If you have a complaint do a Content Revision Thread.

@Somebody Only Eiji will have full Superhuman speed then, and Kirito will only have Superhuman reactions. Will add later.

Xmark12 said:
@Friendly the actual calc explains everything as to why he's that speed. If you have a complaint do a Content Revision Thread.
Despite restarting my PC and chrome- it won't let me make threads or comment on most blogs- dunno why. Otherwise I'd have brought it up on the link itself.

The calc explains he moved while the light was moving- which directly contradicts the listed quote on said calc that said he moved prior. The explanation is lacking because it's based on the flawed premise of Kirito moving while the light is coming at him.

Proof that Kirito can dodge light:

"Kirito didn't stay in a single place, continuously jumping towards erratic directions as Eugeo looked on, tightly gripped in the fist of an ice-cold fear. Light rays flashed out one after another, digging into the ground, as Fanatio's sword chased his figure.

A more horrifying detail of that skill was how it contained absolutely no prior movements before the discharge of light, such as accumulating the light or thrusting the sword. At the very least, Eugeo couldn't guess at when the nonchalantly shifting slender sword would emit the ray of light from his position. Describing it as having an extremely long range would define it as the same level as Eldrie's «Frost Scale Whip», but that was mere child's play when compared to this.

Showing no sign of getting fired up at all, Fanatio continued pursuing Kirito with slick movements like a dance. Kirito could dodge even four, five, six shots of those solely because of his painstakingly tempered physical capability and feral intuition.

However, at last, the light that shot out for the seventh time declared an end to the fatal game of tag.

Shaa! The top of his foot pierced in midair by the light ray that scorched the air as it reached out, Kirito crashed onto the floor, shoulder first, his posture crumbled. But still, Fanatio's sword point unwaveringly aimed slightly below the tuft of black hair that was brought up straight away."

And here's an instance where Fanatio clearly dodged light:

"Fanatio appeared to have ran out of things to talk about and slightly stuck the sword pointed at Kirito's head forward.

"Kirito, have you understood the might of my sword that will erase your Life? Then I shall allow you to repent for your sins, entrust your heartfelt faith to the three goddesses, and beg them for their mercy before you die. If you do so, the spiritual light of purification will cleanse the sins of your soul and guide it to the Celestial World. Now — farewell, immature and foolish criminal."

The Heaven Piercing Sword shone dazzlingly, projecting the ray of light that would ring his death knell at his heart.

"Discharge!"

It was in that instant when that scream reached Eugeo's ears.

Directly before Fanatio' s sword shone, Kirito slapped his two hands together with a 'pan!' and held them out in front. What appeared before his palms was a single sheet colored silver.

No, that's not it. It wasn't merely a sheet of metal. The perfectly level, square sheet clearly reflected Fanatio's helmet while the knight stood in front of Eugeo.

Eugeo's eyes perceived elements of two different hues grasped in those hands before they were slapped together.

The light on the right hand was that of metal elements. It was used to fire needles or create trifling tools, the metallic-type element.

And what the left hand held were crystal elements. It was the glass- type element used to create imperceptible barriers and glass cups. With those two formed into the shape of a sheet and layered, the object created was —

A mirror.

The light spear that concealed an extreme heat hit the mirror created by Kirito's art ritual and changed it from silver to orange in the blink of an eye.

The Lives for tools created from elements were low all along. Even if a knife looked the same on the outside, compared to one forged from ore that could last for tens of years, one formed from metal elements would exhaust its Life in sheer hours and dissipate. That mirror should be no exception, it was highly doubtful it would have the endurance to deflect the Heaven Piercing Sword's light.

As Eugeo's fleeting thought predicted, the mirror survived in the air for only a mere tenth of a second. The glass and metal melted into a fluid that scattered about and the light ray went straight at Kirito, retaining eighty percent of its radiance.

However, the instant' s worth of reprieve forcibly brought about wasn't wasted on Kirito either. It was hardly anything, but he succeeded in tilting his frame towards the left and the light singed only a part of his black hair and cheek before it streamed behind.

And the remaining twenty percent of the light caught by the mirror —

Was deflected at an acute angle and sprung upon Fanatio's helmet.

It shouldn't have been a predictable move, but as expected of the second integrity knight, the light ray was dodged with a head tilt to the right with reflexes on par with Kirito or higher. However, the knight couldn't protect the decorative wings that grew on the helmet's left and right. The decoration on the left was shot by the light and the clasp disintegrated with it — the helmet broke into two, front and back, immediately after."

"Directly before Fanatio' s sword shone, Kirito slapped his two hands together with a 'pan!' and held them out in front. What appeared before his palms was a single sheet colored silver."

This is, again, Kirito acting before the light hit him. Afterwords we're given a timeframe-

"As Eugeo's fleeting thought predicted, the mirror survived in the air for only a mere tenth of a second."

The mirror survived for 0.1 seconds, Kirito moved during that time and the knight himself presumably took that same moment to realize the angle the mirror would fire the light back at himself with.

The light is still going light speed during that time. It makes more sense for the mirror to break in 0.1 seconds, and in a much quicker time frame in betwee that, Fanatio dodged the light.

You also conveniently forgot this: "It shouldn't have been a predictable move, but as expected of the second integrity knight, the light ray was dodged with a head tilt to the right with reflexes on par with Kirito or higher."

In summary, during the 0.1 seconds, Kirito both tilted himself and redirected the light and Fanatio dodged the light when it was coming at her, all during that time frame.

I conveniently am not prescribing relativistic speeds to a character that never again shows such speeds and I'm also not ignoring how the written work deliberately states each time that the character is acting prior to the attack being launched.

In the 0.1 seconds the mirror blocked the hit, burst into liquid, and reflected some of the attack- all of these things occurred during the 0.1 seconds. Also during these 0.1 seconds Kirito and Fanatio moved. The supporting evidence for this is Fenatio's reflexes being stated on par with Kirito's own- and as we are abundantly informed during that scene multiple times- Kirito's reflexs are not enough to dodge the attack after it's fired. Each time he had to act prior to it being fired or during the short delay he bought himself (0.1 seconds).

Um... in a world where lightspeed attacks exist, time manip abilities, instant creation (Quinella), flash freezing (which Kirito has done), etc., you'd think they'd have the speed to compensate.

You are also not referencing the fact that Kirito also was dodging light up to six times before being hit, which he used his reflexes to dodge. What speed would you need to do that? Do you have any other feats for Alicization Kirito?

Note how Kirito's flash freeze worked with basically nobody evading it? Also why would they have the speed to compensate? We have supersonic bullets, hypersonic railguns, and even actual damaging lasers- we sure don't compensate for them.

Also the quote spells out what Kirito was doing- running around erratically and guessing where/when his opponent would fire. 6/7 times that worked by luck.

It's still notable that he was literally dodging light that many times. This isn't dodging gunfire or lightning, it was light. It's still a notable speed feat.

Do you have any suggestions as to what speed he'd be?

Xmark12 said:
It's still notable that he was literally dodging light that many times. This isn't dodging gunfire or lightning, it was light. It's still a notable speed feat.
Do you have any suggestions as to what speed he'd be?
"Dodging light that many times" is more accurately, "Juked the aim of someone shooting light that many times". He was jumping around like crazy and the shooter missed- it's not a speed feat. Not every instance of an attack failing to land is a speed feat.

Then wouldn't that mean many things on this wiki would have to be revised? Frisk and the entirety of Undertale would have to be revised because they "Juked the aim of someone shooting [lightning] that many times", or skeletons and Steve in Minecraft would have to be revised because they dodged arrows by "juking the aim", or the Player in Elemental Battlegrounds having to remove their lightspeed rating because they move erraticaly to dodge the light before it can be thrown.

By your definition, many things on this wiki would not be a speed feat. By your definition someone that's a regular human could dodge over six bullets in a limited space and not get hit, even though the chances of that are extremely low.

Xmark12 said:
Then wouldn't that mean many things on this wiki would have to be revised? Frisk and the entirety of Undertale would have to be revised because they "Juked the aim of someone shooting [lightning] that many times", or skeletons and Steve in Minecraft would have to be revised because they dodged arrows by "juking the aim", or the Player in Elemental Battlegrounds having to remove their lightspeed rating because they move erraticaly to dodge the light before it can be thrown.
By your definition, many things on this wiki would not be a speed feat. By your definition someone that's a regular human could dodge over six bullets in a limited space and not get hit, even though the chances of that are extremely low.
Does the wiki seriously give speed ratings for moving and attacks happening to miss? I know full and well aimdodging is understood here- misleading the aim of someone is only very slightly different. People can miss- that's a thing. Someone's aim doesn't have to be perfect just because they're a fictional character or using magic or unknown tech.

If I run at 5 meters per second and someone draws anything to shoot at me: slingshot, BB gun, laser, finger pistol, and I come to a dead stop or violently change my course and THEN they fire at where I was going to be right before I changed my trajectory- my speed and the speed of their weapon are almost entirely irrelevant to each other.

The slingshot, BB gun, laser, finger pistol- all of these are going to miss me in that scenario- because there is no relation between their speed and mine.

Alright, fair. I'll concede, even though I still stand by my belief.

What do you propose then as his speed stat?

For now, until we can better support Kirito's light dodging feats, we should just keep him at his other rating, hypersonic+.

Actually... huh, that is true.

I'd assume it's because it's a virtual world and so far all his virtual avatars have scaled to his speed feats, but at the same time, that's because his previous VR avatars were connected in some way, whereas this one isn't.

...Hmmmm.

Back