• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword art online revision, meta style

Oh, I just got ninja'd, lol. I was basically agreeing with you that it would be part of being in AR.

Looking at the page, I don't think we should have a AR tab. Otherwise we would have 4 tabs, and 5 if someone decides to add Progressive (Which seems more important, at least scaling wise) Not to mention how many issues we may have intergrating it here.

I agree though, AR would be a weird tab because it's basically Normal Human Kirito with game mechanics.

That being said, if there is an IRL tab, things like speed and physical strength would probably be usable from Ordinal Scale.

The Eiji profile is basically like that, lol. But yeah, I agree, it'd get too crowded.

Kirito's normal human probably, with Eiji being athletic human for doing parkour nonesense and flips in battle.

That said, the AR is basically a reality on top of reality, so while it doesn't affect the latter other than probably someone getting run over by a car for crossing the street, it does affect the former and so scales only to what is presented in itself, regardless of the real world.

The swords are just in AR, irl, they are wielding Wii controller sticks, the length of their palm across.

Kirito is definitl, athletic human during the first Eiji fight. Some of tha stuff he does is pretty above average.

Eiji is peak human with tha stuff he did.

Bump. Anyways, are we able to add the Final Boss calc to the profiles (Edward also calced how many tons of damage it did, so we can add that too)? We also need to figure out who scales to whom in that fight.

I don't think any of the SAO keys scale, since even though Kirito's and Asuna's appear in the movie, it's either a big outlier, or they just kept the Ordinal Scale stats and added their Aincrad stats on-top, which imo makes much more sense (because, you know, they would've gotten 1-shotted by the Skull Reaper with their SAO avatars).

The ALO keys would definitely scale however, since they fought it directly with those avatars. It'd actually not be an outlier to be honest, because this guy could do this to the Alfheim crew, sooo... (Also I'm not able to find any exact height for this boss, but scaling to Sinon's height is the most I could find. Here's also another picture to give a sense of how big this dude is).

Guess the GGO keys would scale too, since they were also helping to harm the boss, but literally every other GGO feat contradicts this, so I'm not sure if this is an outlier or not...

I find it hard to believe that the ALO and GGO versions would scale, when the characters harming it were pretty moderate in comparsion to their SAO counterparts, (Also what the boss did to them seems extremely tame in comparsion, espically when you consider even Geocrawler was probably bigger) without the SAO versions scaling.

Personally, its probably an outlier for basically everyone other than Radius herself, unless they state there was a boost somewhere.

Remember ALO Kirito could fight Eugene, who apparently has a high enough strength to swing his sword and disperse hundreds of meters of Kirito's smoke-screen and that stuff was heavy enough to actually push people around. Not sure if that feat was ever brought up here or not. Might help or might not.

Off topic but uhh, Weekly just added back Kirito's losses when he had his Composite except Alicization stuff.

Welp, maybe I'll comment later. What do you think about the Ordinal Scale keys scaling to the floor 100 boss? The VR versions ofc. Also is it ready for the floor 100 boss to be added as a profile?

I'm still in favor with ALO possibly scaling to the floor 100 boss because there are some stuff possibly comparable, such as Thrym's ice breath feat.

I guess? This kinda puts all the scaling out of wack.

I doubt the ALO feat would even reach High 8-C, though it can't be calced as far as I know.

Here's what I was thinking:

SAO: At least High 8-C

ALO: High 8-C till more info is given

GGO: High 8-C (tbh I'm more into 8-C for this game, since that's where it falls in most of the time)

Alicization: 8-C till calcs are made for it that'll make it higher

Ordinal Scale: 10-B to 9-C in AR, 8-A in VR (scaling to the floor 100 boss)

Now that I think about it, the SAO, ALO, and GGO stats of the chars in the floor 100 boss fight were probably buffed or something by Yui or some other thing. That, or it was all just one big plot convenience.

I was talking about something else.

That said, if we were to calc it, it would probably be lower than tier 8.

Just making sure right here: Is it an a-okay to make the floor 100 boss profile now?

Ye, I'll probably release the profile for it soon. You could probably start updating the range for most of the cast tho.

Oh, I was actually gonna make the profile myself, lol. What's the range for the cast gonna be, and who specifically will I have to add it to?

"Up to tens of meters with strongest attacks (Some blows would cover massive parts of Radius' body in a single slash), Several dozens possibly up to a hundred meters with shockwaves."

For SAO Kirito and Asuna, and anyone who scales.

Alright. Will you make the profile or will I? I already have the data for my version set up, so I just need to post it, add the categories, and add it in the profiles.

Alright, so after creating that profile, mind if I add the Ordinal Scale keys? It'd include their AR and VR versions (AR would vary from 10-B to 10-A while VR would be 8-A via scaling to the Radius).

Alright, here's what I was thinking for the AR section:

Asuna and Kirito are 10-A. They both seem pretty fit and agile, considering their fights with multiple bosses, and Kirito somewhat keeping up with Eiji for a short period of time. I'm also tempted to downgrade Eiji to 10-A (or At least 10-A) also, since stomping 10-Bs isn't really 9-C worthy.

Klein, Lisbeth, Leafa, etc (basically everyone else): 10-B. Klein and his guild got stomped by Eiji, and the rest show regular human feats.

As for the VR section:

8-A. All of them. They all shown to be capable of fighting and damaging the Radius. The SAO, ALO, and GGO keys won't scale because I think it's pretty obvious that Yui just stacked those Avatars on-top of the Ordinal Scale ones already. The range I believe would also only be exclusive to the Ordinal Scale VR section of the key.

Eiji jumping down from that bridge and casualy lifting a guy with one hand is 9-C, plus how kirito was running before training was 10-A as well

Huh, forgot about those. Maybe we can keep the 9-C ratings (add it to Kirito and possibly Asuna (still tempted to keep her at 10-A because it looks like she doesn't scale)) then if there's no objections there, but Klein and the others definitely stay as 10-B.

So is everyone good on the whole Ordinal Scale keys?

Also, here's a tiny thing to add to the profiles: Body Part Loss Damage: A debuff caused by a player's body part being severed. The duration of the debuff is short.

This means every player in SAO, ALO, and GGO has High-low non-combat applicable regen, as every game has this status effect and anyone can be affected by it.

I mean, regen is kinda weird as they do have low-mid (survive being stabbed through against weaker enemies and all that). But that can be added too, tough it's likely not combat aplicable, depending how short it is.

Yeah... the way it's said implies Low-mid instead of High-low, and considering the other feats you just said...

Alright added the regen thing. I think Low-mid makes too much sense now, considering all the feats and ofc the Body Part Loss Damage status effect.

Now all we need to complete the SAO profiles are a couple more tweeks (like adding Kirito's blue Alfheim sword onto his profile), adding the Ordinal Scale keys (still need an "okay" for that one. Are the tiers and ideas listed above fine? 9-C Kirito, Eiji, and possibly Asuna, 10-B rest of the cast, 8-A VR?), finishing up and adding the Alicization keys to the rest of the characters, and finally slowly but surely adding in the rest of the SAO cast.

Edit: Added the rest of Kirito's weapons.

Alright, I don't have the specific text/scans, but it's in Volume 12 of the SAO Light Novel that it's explained that Quinella literally separated the 4 continents of the human empires apart, as well as being able to regulate the entire world (Which is more hax than AP).

Of course, I'd still need the exact text for this, but this would need to be calced and scaled to Kirito.

Back