• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword art online revision, meta style

Coming back to this because the "faster with Sword Skills" part isn't really represented that well in their profiles. Also it's stated that Sword Skills increase both the damage and the speed of the attack, so we should add "Statistics Amplifcation (via Sword Skills. Increases the power and speed of the user in exchange for a short aftercast delay)". Also, why is Enhanced Senses and Distinguish not on the SAO key but on the Alfheim key? Didn't they have those in SAO too?

Edit: Also, not all the profiles list all of their shown Skills. Should I add all those too? Now that I think about it, the SAO profiles need quite a bit of work. I can do it since I'm pretty knowledgeable on all the arcs except for Alicization (which I've only read summaries of).

Please and thank you. I never really got the chance to go back on those profiles, mainly because I forg- I was busy.

But yeah, stat amp w/ aftercast delay and enhanced senses should be on all profiles.

Anyways, justification for speed I suppose. Though Sword Skills raise attack speed by quite a bit, they're still within human (SAO-wise) capacity to do without, and Flashing Penetrator, a charging-in rapier skill that is described as fast enough to make a sonic boom. Nobody really uses it in 1v1 combat due to requiring the user to sprint. It is available to use in Aincrad, New Alfheim and Underworld.

(Vol. 1 Chapter 19)

"I see that, well, excuse me for a moment."

The boy drew his shabby sword with his right hand, and let it hang loosely toward the ground. After saying something fairly daring, Lyfa expected him to immediately start attacking, but he didn't move. Then, he put his left foot forward, adjusted his center of gravity and suddenly... Boom!!

The boy disappeared at the same time as some sort of sound impacted her. A sonic boom!?! Lyfa had fought against many enemies, but had never seen such an attack, her eyes couldn't even follow the boy's movement. As she hurriedly turned her head to the right, the boy stopped moving with his body low to the ground far away from where he had started. He completed his technique by swinging his sword toward his sheathe.

(Vol. 3 Chapter 2)

In this world, only one thing controls how fast you can move: the speed at which your brain receives signals from the «Full Dive» system and reacts to them. Amusphere sends signals to the brain's cognitive faculties, then the brain processes these signals and produces signals which control the motor functions of the body.

These signals are then intercepted by the Amusphere system. The faster a player's brain is able to do this, the faster the player can move in the game. Innate reflexes are one of the things that determine how fast this happens but the speed is also improved with experience, so the longer one plays the faster they can move.

This is not to boast, but Lyfa's speed is within the top 5 of all Sylphs. Her speed has been forged by training her reflexes for many years and honed by a year of playing ALO. She had been confident that no matter who she encountered, one-on-one her speed would not lose out to anyone.

The boy once again attacked without mercy, rushing towards the confused Salamander. I definitely won't miss it this time Lyfa thought as she concentrated on the boy's movement with her eyes wide open.

The initial motion was not all that fast, but it seemed to sway. However, that was only until he took the first real step of his attack and... The atmosphere was hazy and seemed to shake with the noise. I somehow saw it this time. Like watching a movie on fast-forward, Lyfa's eyes were able to catch most but not all of the frames.

The sword of the boy jumped from its lowered position and cuts the Salamander in two. Even the effect flash couldn't quite keep up with him. The boy moved several meters forward, stopping with the sword held high. Once again a spray of fire erupted, announcing the second Salamander's death.

NOTE: These are quoted from the LN and at the end, Leafa noted that Kirito was faster than his visual effects. Visual effects that can render sonic booms. And that attack was just casual for Kirito.

Explanation for speed in FullDive, specifically ALO & Kirito overtaking visual effects

(Vol. 3 Chapter 2)

- This thread

Oh, alrighty. By the way, I'm almost done with the revisions. I just need to finish up with the GGO characters.

Speaking of them though.... why are they High 8-C? I don't think they should scale to SAO or Alfheim, as Kirito's stats still basically reset when he entered GGO. The highest feat I've seen in GGO was when Sinon fighting this giant beast thing, and only then it looked like 8-C at most. LLENN also fought giant sized beasts, but they only seemed to be around 9-A to 8-C.

And thus I have finished with the revisions. Just in-time for bed too, phew. I'll see if anyone replied to my previous comment tomorrow. For now though, peace!

Now that you mention it...

Transferring to different games retain their stats, iirc, but I will have to check on that later. Good job dude.

I don't think they did. It'd make more logical sense for them to not keep their stats, but I could be wrong.

Also thanks.

I believe it was mentioned that he had a higher level thanks to transfering. But I too might be wrong

Hm, higher level still wouldn't mean High 8-C, since the monsters there are still seem at most Building level.

Also, would this feat by considered Low Regenerationn or Mid-low Regenerationn? Looks like Mid-low to me but not sure. I kept it as Low on the profiles to be safe.

Yeah, it's preeetty much going through him. I'm pretty sure that's Mid-low. Gonna add.

Done.

Edit: I'm also planning to add the other relevant characters, like Silica and Lisbeth. Maybe the NPCs and such too. Low level characters should be represented, since we already got the high tiers on the site (other than the other Alicization characters, which I don't know too well).

SAO avatars are odd since they are clumps of data, so them regenerating from vastly weaker characters doesn't say much when Kirito can be killed with like 3 hits from Heathcliff, one of which is a stab to the chest.

Silica and Lisbeth scale to Floor 2 feat of boulder-breaking as their minimum, unless there are better feats.

They should be far superior to the floor 2 bosses, which seem to be the size of a small building, so I'd say building level. Also yeah, regen in SAO is weird. Edit: Oh, maybe a note saying that the stronger the enemy is, the less effective the regen is.

In alfeim BestVillainAlive was cut in half and survived, and kirito got stabbed throughg the spine ala beserk witheout much problem too

That's probably because the weapons were weak enough so that the regen would work better. I'd say we should leave a note saying the stronger the enemy is, the less effective the regen is.

I dunno. No one would ever really pit Kirito against someone weak enough for his supposed mid-low regen to be relevant. That said, indexing is a good reason to add it.

Also, it would look weird considering his hand didn't immediately grow back when it was cut off.

Well that Bell match would've been perfect for his regen, but it was removed, soooo...

Anyways, adding that note to the profiles.

And regen strong enough to let a sword pass through one's spine and be able to move like nothing afterwards should be potent enough to not even bother losing a hand as it is immediately replaced.

Yes, I am awere (Regen strong enough to heal from lungs being destroyed, insides being completly fried and the whole stuff he did against pain should be able to heal hand loss). Its really hard to put it in a decent way whiteout getting into Game mechanics.

Guess The Gamer verse doesn't have that problem

They'd be literally the same as the anime in terms of power though, lol.

You say that as if mentality doesn't matter.

How would we even count in th egliches in a page?

By the way, I'm gonna start making a profile for Kizmel. She'll be the start of the low level stuff, and maybe good for scaling.

Also, what do you guys think of this scale for SAO?:

Floor 1: 9-C to 9-B (Just from eyeballing for the most part)

Floor 2: 9-B to 9-A (The bosses on floor 2 seem to be this tall)

Floor 3 and above: 9-A (Stronger than before)

Far above floor 3: 8-C (Since, you know, it's far above floor 2's bosses)

Floor 56 and above: High 8-C (Because of GeoCrawler)

Edit: I ran into a problem with Kizmel... what would her speed be? I was thinking "Likely Supersonic+" via scaling from the casual feat Kirito did in Alfheim and Flashing Penetrator, but would she also have Hypersonic+ combat/reaction speed?

Edit 2: Added her. Tell me what you guys think.

Kizmel arc is immediately after the boulder-breaking feat (9-A) iirc. so she scales to that and none else. She does have that invisibility cloak though.

I don't think there's a need for so many tabs though, especially for Kirito who ventured 3 games and 1 artificial reality.

I think something like this would be better:

Early Floors (Small Building level); Middle Floors (Large Building level); High Floors (At least Large Building level); Top Floor/Ordinal Scale VR Mode (Insert calc for 100th floor boss here); Alfheim Online (Scales to High Floors); GGO & New Aincrad (Point 1); Alicizatio (Building+ physically, Point 2 with magic)

Point 1: Yuuki, Asuna and the Sleeping Knights fought and defeated a floor boss from the 27th floor. Said boss can shake the boss room just by walking. This sounds like an AP/dura feat for me which scales to the Sleeping Knights, albeit they're weaker.

The giant stepped forward, and the room immediately shook as though there was an earthquake. (SAO Vol.7 - Mother's Rosario - page 112)

Point 2:
Idk. Was any ever calced? I doubt it.

Added the boulder breaking feat to Kizmel's profile.

The middle floor characters should be Building level unless they can take on something of GeoCrawler's level.

We should have a calc for Alicization Kirito feats. Didn't he like absorb the hopes and dreams of everyone in the world or smth at the end, and also absorb stars into his Night Sky blade? I think it was also said that he shook the world with his Starburst Stream clash at the end. Well... this was in a web novel summary, not a light novel one, so I'm not sure.

Mid-level is 50 of 100, that's roughly around Geocrawler's ballpark.

I can't remember the Alicization feat, and I need to read the light novel as there may or may not be differences with the web novel. The only feat we have calced that I'm aware of is the building+ feat Kirito has against the arrow flamethrower knight that I calced.

I was actually thinking floor 1-30 is early floors (Ranging from Small Building to Building), 30-60 is mid floors (Ranging from Building to Large Building), 60-90 is high floors (At least Large Building), and 90-100 is top (Calc for 100th floor boss here).

Also yeah, those should be calced for Alicization.

Added Lisbeth. Her level's actually not that far off from the others, so I thought it'd be fine to put her at High 8-C. She'd at least be able to damage GeoCrawler.

Fair enough. Progressive can't come fast enough to bridge the stat differences. Damn.

How much of Progressive have you guys gine through (In terms of feat searching)?

Read til the latest of the manga 2 months ago, but the manga diverges quite nicely from the novels in favor of a more slapstick means of story-telling. Novel-wise, I haven't done much past the first book.

I've read up to volume 4 of the novel. Waiting for volume 5, but apparently that's slated for like a September to December release.

I see, I see, hopefully they provide more feats later on to better place the characters, or abilities to put meat on the P & A section.

Btw, we gonna have a Radius page?

If we get the calcs, then we can get the Incarnation of Radius page. Right now the Progressive series is at the very least 9-A in power with what they shown so far, and Alicization varies greatly (Like, we're talking 8-C to 4-C going by pure statements if they're true).

Alicization is physically Building+. I calced. Haxx and magic are what needs to be calced.

Back