• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SURPRISE! Sky High Speed Downgrade and General Revision

As an MHA fan...

Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Basically, the speed scaling for Sky High is absolute garbage. Like really bad. It depends on the fact that Speed, the fast guy, literally moves at the speed of lightning based off his character card. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/4/4c/Speed.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120225204344.

All I have to say to that is... no.

The card says that his power is "lightning speed" not that he moves at the literal speed of god damn lightning. It's his power's name, not a feat. The feat of him outrunning a beam of light is absolutely valid, however, and if he had a profile, it would likely be applicable.

To him and him alone.

No one should scale to this guys max speed at all. The justification given, that Will Stronghold "tagged him" is flawed. The scene given shows him reaching in and grabbing Speed, comically, while he runs in a circle to take away air from Warren Pearce (who also should have a profile). Assuming that that is his "max speed" is ridiculous, and the manner in which he is "tagged" is also incorrect. Will isn't reacting to him, and in fact fails to do so several times throughout the film. Even in scenes where he's clearly not going all out, Will is not scaling to this guy. This scene is just him reaching in and grabbing him because he's too preoccupied with running in a circle to realize that Will is reaching into his personal tornado to grab him.

Speed, quite literally, is blitzing Will in the exact same video linked to say he scales to him. Are we trolling guys?

So where does that leave us? With a more concrete speed feet from Will's mom (again, should have a profile, this verse is missing a lot).

Josie Stronghold, aka Jetstream, has a concrete speed feat of being able to fly to the moon and back in 23 minutes https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:SKY_BYE.webp Now, she is actually reacted to several times while flying, particularly by Will's father and Royal Pain. Naturally, they should scale to this feat.

Super easy calculation, distance from earth to moon is 384,400,000 meters.

23 minutes = 1380 seconds.

384,400,000 / 1380 = 278,550.7 m/s = Mach 812 (Massively Hypersonic)

This should scale to reactions for everyone, and to Will's flight speed as he is comparable to his parents.

And yes, Will's days are numbered before he meets a certain hero in a dark alley.

Edit: Sandbox for changes

Flight Speed Blog

Last edited:
How do some of the pivotal characters not have profiles?
Tbf they aren't going to be made if there's no interest in them. Its why, for example, the reboot PPG show profiles are pretty bare bones.
Now, she is actually reacted to several times while flying, particularly by Will's father and Royal Pain. Naturally, they should scale to this feat.
I disagree. Per our speed page

Regarding Travel/Flight Feats and Reactions​

If a character travels or flies very fast through a very empty terrain, in which it doesn't necessarily have to react to sudden obstacles, the speed in question is travel or flight speed, but not necessarily reaction speed. In order for it to also be reaction speed, and the speed in total hence applying to the character's combat speed, the character either must have demonstrated the ability to react to sudden obstacles while traveling at this speed, have a calculation made that supports the character having corresponding reaction speed/time or otherwise demonstrate having comparable reactions.

Simply being able to stop accurately at the target destination does typically not qualify, as it can be spotted from a large distance to make preparations to stop or the character could even slow down before reaching the destination, assuming we only know the average speed with which they moved.

The typical example of such cases of travel/flight speed that doesn't necessarily scale to reactions is space travel. As space is incredibly empty there are virtually no objects one has to navigate around between destinations. Just flying in a straight line from A to B would be safe. At the same time the typical destinations, such as stars and planets, are so large that they can easily be seen from millions of kilometers away. As a result a character would only need reactions equal to a miniscule fraction of their travel speed to perform a safe and precise landing on them.
No one scales to her space flight speed, because flying to the moon doesn't involve reactions or anything like that. So while they have MHS travel speed, combat speed is something else.

Though I think she's flown to Europe to get food pretty fast and that may scale.

Other than that I do agree that the franchise needs some overhauling.

Tbf they aren't going to be made if there's no interest in them. Its why, for example, the reboot PPG show profiles are pretty bare bones.

I disagree. Per our speed page

No one scales to her space flight speed, because flying to the moon doesn't involve reactions or anything like that. So while they have MHS travel speed, combat speed is something else.

Though I think she's flown to Europe to get food pretty fast and that may scale.

Other than that I do agree that the franchise needs some overhauling.
The space flight was me being generous because at least that's an actual feat. Trust me when I say that this feat is a heavy outlier anyway, so it not being applicable is fine by me.

Seeing if she has anything serious. Rewatching it a couple times and taking notes. Like how Commander has fire resistance and other stuff. Just gotta find it all first.

Alright, so unless I'm dumb, there are like no good speed feats at all.

The Europe feat is glossed over, she just says they flew to Europe for two hours, nothing on her actual travel time there and back. No one scales to Speed, he blitzes everyone casually and never goes all out from what I'm seeing. Best thing there is is that Jetstream has a statement for "supersonic flight" in the opening from Will, and is shown flying alongside some jets. Royal Pain then reacts to her flying right at her and blasts her with the Pacifier. That's about it for speed feats.

Everything else is super minor or like wall level.

Best thing there is is that Jetstream has a statement for "supersonic flight" in the opening from Will, and is shown flying alongside some jets. Royal Pain then reacts to her flying right at her and blasts her with the Pacifier. That's about it for speed feats.
Scaling to a jet is probably fine then. Since I believe she also waved at them didn't she?

Supersonic combat speed and reactions (Is stated to have supersonic flight and is compared to fighter jets), up to MHS flight speed (Can fly to the moon from Earth in 23 minutes)

This should be fine, and then everyone can just scale from that.

It's a good statement don't get me wrong, but we don't have a timeframe. So the most it can do is give her a "possibly higher" rating.

Been a while since I've last seen this movie, but anyways, this seems fine. Although you might want to have that calc be added onto a blog.

I suppose I followed this thread from the start everything is fine imo, I'll evaluate the blogs

Back