• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Knuckleduster (MHA) vs Butcher (TV Series)

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
MHA Vigilantes vs The Boys

Keys: Knuckleduster vs Temp-V Butcher

Iwago: 26.67 Tons

William: 43.42 Tons

Speed is Equalized.

Starting Distance = 5 meters

Who wins?

Knuckleduster: (0)

Butcher: Just Butchering, Artorimachi Meteoraft, TauanVictor, Popted2, Cimafranca133, MARVEL Future Fight Gamer, SuperStar, (7)

QLMkUDM.png

Last edited:
While Butcher is no slouch in combat, it seems from his profile (never read the vigilantes spin off) that Knuckleduster has the upperhand in cqc, but Butcher is physically stronger and has an even more potent attack with his heat vision.
I think that Butcher can take this high-diff, since he mostly would have to rely on his superior strength, durability and range with heat vision, sice skill-wise he seems to be inferior, and proceed to wear down Knuckleduster with powerful attacks. I can totally see Knuckle winning through sheer skill, but being weaker doesn't help much, so imo Billy has the edge.

My vote goes to Billy Butcher.

So as a note

• AP = 1.62x in Butcher's favor
  • Lifting = Knuckleduster is considered vaguely superhuman. Even if you scale him to Deku's 800 kilogram feat Butcher would still scale to 11,339.809 kilograms which is 14 times higher. Even if you scaled him to pro-heroes then Butcher would still be 3x stronger. Overall its a rather major advantage for Billy
  • Skill = Billy has SAS experience, which is good, but he honestly just doesn't have the feats or accolades to keep up with Knuckleduster. He's notably outskilled, especially when you consider stuff like him outsmarting Stain
So this is a win for Billy right? Well honestly not really. Knuckleduster has tasers for his fist and Butcher has zero electrical resistance feats. Literally one hit and he's dropped or heavy crippled, which then leads into a hard lose for him.

But I do hear you say that Billy has heat vision. Well the issue here is that Billy is in-character. Billy does not spam ranged attacks in character. Against Homelander he uses it once then instantly goes into melee, against Gunpowder he fights him in melee before using his energy vision, against Solider Boy he uses it once and then goes into melee.

Basically Billy will not use his heat vision like Homelander. At most he uses it to just stun a person so he can fight them. Against Knuckleduster than results in going into punching range.

Overall I think the skill issue is the big one. Knuckleduster just has to land a single hit and Billy has no evidence of being resistant against his taser knuckles. Overall I just think he gets tasered to submission.

There is an issue.

The Taser Knuckles are optional equipment, and I have not specified that is being used in this match. Which means Standard Battle Assumptions take place here.

The default is standard equipment, not optional equipment. They are optional as KD only used does taser knuckles in a single fight and never again.

I didn't want to have the tasers since I saw Butcher had no resistance and I didn't believe he was the type to range spam his heat vision.

I didn't want to have the tasers since I saw Butcher had no resistance and I didn't believe he was the type to range spam his heat vision.
If he doesn't have optional gear then it becomes more about skill vs lifting strength differences.

Billy has more endurance regarding damage soak (or at least, I think you can argue it), but I don't know if that actually overcomes a skill gap while in character. Though a 14x lifting strength gap is probably to much, especially if its gets into a submission hold (though to my knowledge I'm not sure if Billy actually uses those types of holds).

Billy has more endurance regarding damage soak (or at least, I think you can argue it), but I don't know if that actually overcomes a skill gap while in character. Though a 14x lifting strength gap is probably to much, especially if its gets into a submission hold (though to my knowledge I'm not sure if Billy actually uses those types of holds).
Butcher is not against restraining his opponent and shooting his laser straight into his face (as he did with Soldier Boy)
And no, he doesn't spam it, but he does uses it:
  • He only used it after beating Gunpowder and not before because it was the first time he injected himself with Temp V
  • He killed russian soldiers with his lasers while they were shooting him
  • He used against Homelander from a distance, then again in meele, and then they clashes their lasers
  • He used it to attack Soldier Boy after he attacked Ryan, then he grabbed SB from the neck and shot him, and finally he used it to heat-up his shield
So, he may not spam it, but it is something that's worth accounting for.

As I said in my first post, Knuckleduster's skill can totally lead him to victory, but since Butcher has advantages in strength and the heat vision can injure the weaker KD for good damage, plus Butcher can take quite the beating from people even stronger than him, I think that Butcher could pull himself up and win more often then not. Also, even if outskilled, he still isn't an slouch in combat, so he would still get hits in.

And no, he doesn't spam it, but he does uses it:
I didn't say that he wouldn't use it, just that his mindset is that of a melee fighter. He's not the type to hang out of range and just use energy attacks. He uses them to fight people at a range or to stun them to get into melee. But he's not like Homelander who will default to it and only really use melee when it won't work.

I think that Butcher could pull himself up and win more often then not.
Yeah, without the tasers I don't see Knuckleduster winning with a 14x strength gap. As a said certain holds would legitimately just end the fight.

Oh, and actual question, 0 intention of coming out as rude, but after the 24 hs of grace period, votes can't be changed, or am I wrong?

, 0 intention of coming out as rude, but after the 24 hs of grace period, votes can't be changed, or am I wrong?
From my perspective, a FRA train with literally zero dissenting or questioning comments isn't exactly the best thread to be added.

But after 24 hours it should've been added or closed unless it was felt that a counter argument can be made.

But after 24 hours it should've been added or closed unless it was felt that a counter argument can be made.
Yeah, makes sense.
From my perspective, a FRA train with literally zero dissenting or questioning comments isn't exactly the best thread to be added.
Agree though, I like making threads for the debate, not for people to simply agree without question. But I'll admit that sometimes a person comes with a full analysis of how the fight could go that's pretty accurate and so there's not much to be added.

Back