• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Supernatural Willpower Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I guess I rushed a bit the things. Also, the empathic page should feature a description for the assimilated willpower manip.

Redirecting first would also make a clear distinction between those character who have a direct control over willpower and not other emotions, and leaving the wording "willpower" on the profile might be useful.
I also noticed that some characters have willpower manip or resistance based on "controlling, bending etc.. the will of others" or resist to it. I thinkt hat it's more if it was mind control, but we let's manage one thing at a time

Is it fine if I redirect the Willpower Manipulation page to Empathic Manipulation soon, or should we wait until most of the work has been finished first?
I am also thinking yes since most cases of Willpower Manipulation are just Empathic Manipulation, from what I saw.

I archive this link for reviewing the current Willpower Manipulation list.

For the majority yes, but some characters will have it switched to Supernatural Willpower or removed or changed to empathic depending on the context and the explanation given.
For example, Natsu doesn't have willpower anymore because it was a replacement for supernatural willpower and didn't have sufficient reasons to have it.
Green Lanterns now have/will have supernatural willpower and not manipulatiom, because they don't control it
Loki and Overlord Rahal don't have it at all anymore because it was slapped among several other complementary powers, including empathic, without any explanation

Here to briefly speak on my page creations with willpower manip: from what I can tell of the thread, they are still valid for the ability. D&D Willpower Manipulation means deliberately draining Wisdom, which in turn lessens your Will. Will is separate from just emotions and tends to decide one's resistance and mental fortitude- having a greater Will means you are more likely to resist things like Soul or Mind Manip.

Although, willpower constitute the mental resistance in several verses, and I recall that above it was mentioned that granting resistances is not enough for Supernatural Willpower.

Although, willpower constitute the mental resistance in several verses, and I recall that above it was mentioned that granting resistances is not enough for Supernatural Willpower.
I'm not arguing the resistance side of things being a power- it isn't, it's resistance and nothing more. I'm talking about characters capable of altering said willpower. Like the Allip, who just attacks your willpower and reduces it with every attack.

Willpower Manipulation will be assimilated in Empathic Manipulation, the only thing that changes for those chracaters who legimitaly control willpower is that they will maintain the words "Willpower Manipulation" instead of Empathic

For technical purposes, I would encourage writting the emotion that the character control (like Love or Anger Manipulation), in case its only limited to one.

This seems like a fair bit of work, we'd have to check a lot of pages.

So, what? Just go through the links to the pages and either change them to Empathic Manipulation or Supernatural Willpower? If there's no explanation can we just remove them?

Pretty much, yes, but there need to be really good justifications to warrant Supernatural Willpower. We definitely do not want virtually every fictional character out there to get it.

Associated categories at the bottoms of the profile pages also need to be removed of course.

This is a pretty common power though.

I'll get to work on it later today. I'll try at least.

Thanks a lot for helping out. You are awesome as usual.

Thanks a lot for helping out.

Feel free to notify any other staff members that you think could properly help you with this.

Changed to Empathic: ,

Changed to Supernatural: Kyoya Hibari (resisted poison through willpower alone),, Ryuko Matoi, Satsuki Kiryuin, Ragyo Kiryuin, Nui Harime (all of them have it swapped with supernatural and shockwaves generation), Pantheon (explained and tied to other powers), Daisuke Ido (apparently his hammer has high willpower),

Removed: Kamina (No explanation), Bulat, Daidara, Liver and Nyau (already covered by empathic), King Uma, Illpyo Park Mira Yoo, Seungcheol Baek, Sujin Lee, Daewi Han, (already covered by fear manip. as a power), The Arisen (Not explained anywhere in the profile), Perona (already covered by empathic), Star Butterfly (already covered by empathic according to the page linked in the spells list), Valvatorez and Void Dark, (likely already covered by other resistances), Artyom (it's just resistance to radiation), Magnus the Red (merged with empathic and already covered by everything else as a resistance)

Not sure: Yellow Lantern Ring (It's a ring, so I don't now how it should be changed), King Uma, Illpyo Park, Mira Yoo, Seungcheol Baek, Sujin Lee, Daewi Han ans Mandeok Sang (I don't know how their Resistance to Willpower manip works and it's common in that verse, so it might be legit), Yuna (Final Fantasy) (Huge walls of text in the attacks section, I didn't read everything but something might be empathic),

Locked characters:

Removal: Viral (No explanation),

Change to Empathic: Shoutmon (I think the explanation is in the attacks section under Omega InForce)

Change to Supernatural: Nia Teppelin (The explanation is in the stamina section, but it should be moved in the power section as an explanation), Sodam Yat (Green Lanter reasons),

Not sure: The Presence (It scales above the concept of willpower),

Totally Ignored: Garou and Kingdom Hearts People (because spoilers),

There are still a million characters though, I stopped at Ikku Kurogane, if someone else wants to go on from there.

Also, the content of Willpower Manipulation's page should be merged inside Empathic and Willpower Manipulation turned into a redirect

No KH profile actually has Empathic Manip yet from what I'm aware (Except Sora in the KHII section now that I remember, I can source the reasoning if needed to see if it should be changed), so those can just wait for the additions, as I've said before plenty of the cast qualify for Supernatural Willpower.

Only really extreme cases should be added. Most fictional protagonists have a very high amount of willpower, but we still should not add the ability to the vast majority of them.

I guess it depends on the explanation provided.
We can still evaluate the most iffy cases after we finish dealing with Willpower Manip.

Yes. I suppose so.

@Promestein

Have you had the time to do some work on this yet? You can ask several other staff members for help if you wish.

If you get to look at the Anima: Beyond Fantasy's profiles (verse that still under extremely slow revision BTW), redirect it to Empathic Manipulation instead; willpower there partially constitute the mental resistances of characters as well as few "skills", but not grant powers per se (I believe controlling psychic energy and altering physical elements by "sheer will" do not counts, as the same can be said about any telepathy or psionic user).

I made some progress earlier. I'll make more progress later. It's a lot of work.

Yes it is. Thank you for helping out. Feel free to ask other staff members for assistance if you wish.

Changed to Empathic: SSAF and Desperado Ikki Kurogane, Desperado Stella Vermillion, Edelweiss, Nene Saikyou (the definition given is better suited for empathic), Rebirth Flash (Post-Flashpoint), Johnny Gat (explained by a notable attack),

Changed to Supernatural: Ludwig the Holy Blade (the explanation given is enough),

Removed: Selection Battle Arc Ikku Kurogane (changed to sleep manipulation, the explanation of the attack itself points at it), Desco (Nipponverse people have all mind stuff together, probably it's already covered by empathic and the rest), Shaiapouf (already covered by empathic), Zazan (already covered by mind control), Atlas and Limbo from Warframe (already covered by empathic), The Operator (no explanation given, probably already covered), Mujin Park (already covered by fear), Morganthe (no explanation given), Gagamaru Chougasaki and Mukae Emukae (Already covered by empathic),

Not sure: Okhwang, Lot, Mujin Park (Resistance of God of Highschool of which I'm unsure), Moon Butterfly (ton of spells listed in another wiki and I don't want to read them all)

Locked characters:

Removal: Hajun (it's already covered by empathic, the justification just has to be moved), Comics Ultron (no explanation given, possibly already covered by other mind powers), Post-Flashpoint Batman (no explanation given in the entire profile),

Change to Empathic: Mephisto (Marvel Comics)

Change to Supernatural:

Not sure:

Thank you for helping out.

Would some staff member be willing to handle the locked pages please?

Someone should also work on how merge the content of Willpower Manipulation's page into the Empathic page.
Once that is done, Willpower Manipulation can be turned into a redirect to Empathic and the overall amount of work would greatly decrease

Okay. No problem. You obviously do not have to do any work then. I hope that you will be okay.

Okay. I am glad that you are okay at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back