• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jinsye

She/Her
Donkey Kong
NotAMarioFan Donkey Kong
Powers and Stats

Tier: High 4-C

Name:
Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong III, DK, King of the Jungle

Origin: Donkey Kong series, Mario Bros

Classification: Ape-like species named Kong

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Self-Sustenance (Type 1), Vehicular Mastery, Can create destructive sound waves through claps, Can use bongos as weapons, proficiency with guns and grenades, Flight with certain items, Resistance to Mind Control, Can summon various animals, Materialization (Can create missiles out of nowhere and has an unlimited supply of barrels), Fire Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Telekinesis, Invulnerability with Strong Kong, star, mega mushroom, gems and bananas, Air Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Energy Projection, Time Manipulation, Afterimage Creation, etc.

Attack Potency: Large Star level (Physically superior to Mario and fought him several times.)

Speed: Massively FTL+

Lifting Strength:
Pre-Stellar

Striking Strength:
Large Star Class

Durability:
Large Star Class

Stamina:
Very high

Range: Standard melee range, can extend to tens of meters with Thunderclap.

Standard Equipment: Various barrels, The Coconut Cannon (A wooden gun that shoots coconuts at high speed), Bongos (Can hurt all the enemies in an area with sound waves), Orange grenades (Grenades that resemble oranges)

Intelligence: Despite being laid back, he can be surprisingly intelligent, as he is easily capable of replicating human skills such as professional athletics, utilizing a range of weapons and even has a grasp of morality.

Weaknesses: None notable

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• Giant Punch: Charges then releases a very powerful punch which can move mountain-sized moons
  • Sound Wave Attack: Donkey Kong claps hard enough to create a sound wave to attack his opponents. The sound waves travel around him or in front of him. These attacks can be incredibly destructive, sometimes equaling nuclear bombs or hurricanes.
  • Barrels: Donkey Kong can summon and throw barrels at his opponents.
  • Barrel Roll: Donkey Kong will roll his entire body toward his opponents.
  • Barrel Cannon Blast: Donkey Kong summons a barrel cannon and hops into it. The cannon will fire Donkey Kong at such force that anything hit by him during his course will be burnt by him.
  • Ground Pound: Donkey Kong creates an earthquake by slapping the ground.
  • Strong Kong: Donkey Kong jumps into a Donkey Kong Barrel and turns invincible for a few seconds.
  • Going Bananas: After eating a certain amount of bananas, Donkey Kong becomes faster and invincible for a limited period of time. He has a similar variant called Crystal Star in DK: Jungle Climber, which also grant him flight. This version activates when he collected jewels.
  • Spinning Kong: Whirls around like a helicopter, good for moving horizontal distances.
  • Simian Slam: Donkey Kong jumps into the air and comes crashing down on his back side. It has stronger variations including the Super Simian Slam and Super Duper Simian Slam.
  • Thunder Wham: Donkey Kong slams onto the ground, creating a dome-like shock wave that even tilts the field.
  • Ultra Barrel DK: Donkey Kong is equipped with a special Ultra Barrel rockets that enables him to fly extremely fast into the point he causes fire to surround himself.
  • Wild Move: While being equipped with rocket barrels, Donkey Kong performs a boost dash that destroys obstacles and attack enemies in his path.
  • Magic Weapon: Donkey Kong forges a weapon of pure energy in shape of a hockey stick. It's only used once in Mario Sport Mix in a fight against the Behemoth.
  • Power Fist Strike: Donkey Kong's Super Strike. He charges with green and yellow lightning then makes an electrical strike by punching the target with anger.
  • Bongo Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong's Megastrike. He jumps into the air and he gathers electricity in his arms and claps at the target with tremendous re-entry force.
  • Zone Speed: Donkey Kong reduces the flow of time by focusing his energy.
Superman
Superman Superman and the Elite Render
...I don't believe that the world is broken. Because when we say the world, we're really talking about people. And it's always been my belief that people at their core are good. The grace of mankind is everywhere. You just have to open your eyes. Humanity has a limitless potential for good. My purpose is to help people reach that potential.
Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear that until my dream...of a world where dignity, honor and justice are the reality we all share...I'll never stop fighting. Ever.
Powers and Stats

Tier: High 4-C

Name:
Kal-El, Superman, Clark Kent

Origin: DC Animated Movie Universe

Classification: Superhero, Kryptonian

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Heat Vision, Enhanced Senses (X-Ray Vision, Telescopic Vision. Super-Hearing, etc.), Limited Power Nullification (Lobotomized the area of Manchester Black's brain that gave him his powers), Ice Manipulation (Via Freeze Breath), Air Manipulation (Via Super Breath and with his speed), Telepathy, Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Solar Energy Absorption, Self-Sustenance (Type 1), Regenerationn (At least Mid-Low)

Attack Potency: Large Star level+ (Traded blows with The Elite, and easily manhandled them when he got serious. Can trade blows with those capable of harming him), can somewhat negate durability through attacking internal organs

Speed: Sub-Relativistic+ (Flew from the Moon to Earth in 22 seconds)

Lifting Strength: Class M (Lifted a construct of this size)

Striking Strength: Large Star Class+

Durability: Large Star level+
(Tanked Cold Cast's strongest blast, which was equivalent to 15 supernovas)

Stamina: Limitless as long as he is under a yellow sun.

Standard Equipment: None Notable

Intelligence: Genius. Superman possesses incredible intelligence and computational abilities.

Weaknesses: Is vulnerable to Kryptonite and Magic.
Speed is =

DK is amped by a Power Star but is High 4-C

Who wins?

Superman scales a bit above 15 supernovas

DK is a bit stronger than Mario, who I believe scales to 9 supernovas.

So AP isn't much of an issue.

With speed equal, it comes down to their respective abilities.

At a glance, DK seems more varied (particularly that time manip), but Supes is smarter.

Supes has a clear victory method with his lobotomization (doesn't even have to kill, just stop DK from attacking), but will he use it before DK slows down time and take him down?

I will vote DK for now, however, I would like more clarification on DK's time slow.

"Reduces the flow of time by focusing his energy" doesn't tell me much, and I believe Supes outranges him with Heat Vision and the like.

DK's time slow ability requires it to be charged. In Mario Tennis Aces, (where he got that ability) the meter fills when you hit the tennis ball. Doing charge shots fills it quicker. In a battle, im guessing it can be charged by hitting the opponent. When the ability is active, time slows down, but not the user. The ability lenght depends on how much it is charged. Hope this helps you understand DK's Time Manipulation better.

@Coconut

Thanks for the clarification!

However, is there a reason DK would do it in a fight? Strange question, I know, but since the ability comes from the sport game and he never display it in actual combat, would he do it here?

DK winning depends on that time manip, otherwise, Supes wins via intelligence and keeping range when he realizes the ape can keep up in strength.

Yeah I'm going with Superman. He's the smarter fighter and would go for the lobotomy when needed and he is definitely good enough to know that's his best method of winning.

Going by logic, He'll most likely use it if he's in a bad spot. As most people do in the game. Mostly to stop a powerful shot or to get the ball if it's out of their reach. Also a certain attack he has (called the Zone Shot) slows down time while he's aiming allowing him to not miss it.

Superman FRA, If Superman is able to survive DK slowing down the first time if he does, He'll most likely just stay at a far away range and use HV, Freeze Breath, and Super breath.

Back