• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman (Original) Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABoogieYesSir

They/Them
Self-Sustenance (Type 1): He can breath in space like his Pre-Crisis self

Heat Manipulation: His X-Ray Vision produces heat, which he can use to melt a target

Air Manipulate: Super Breath is strong enough to blow out a star

Limited Sound Manipulation:

Limited Vibration Manipulation: Destroys a building by singing

Martial Arts/Pressure Points: Can knock someone out for several hours with a single pressure point strike

Limited Shapeshifting:

Mind Control:

Telepathy: Can send telepathic commands to an opponent so they will do what he wants them to

Resistances:

Electricity Manipulation: Withstands millions of volts of electricity without any harm

Heat Manipulation: Crashed through a red star and was mostly unharmed

Deconstruction: Was only knocked out after being hit by an attack which blasts its targets into nothingness

Matter Manipulation: Unharmed by subatomic attacks

Sleep Manipulation: Knock out gas doesn't work on him

Mind Manipulation: Resisted being hypnotized and survived flames which burned the target's mind

Poison Manipulation/Radiation Manipulation:

Are you certain that all of these are for the golden age/original Superman, and not the silver age version?

I don't think the void manipulation resisitance is legit. "Blasted into nothingness" seems like clear hyperbole and prior to that the ball was only described to disintegrate someone.

Have you asked the others to help with evaluating this?

Disclaimer: I can't evaluate whether these are all from the Original Superman or not, but I have no reason to distrust Boogie so I'm assuming they all are.

I agree with Andy that Resistance to Void Manipulation is too much, but that scan still seems like possible Deconstruction. I'm not sure.

I agree with pretty much everything in the OP, some minor points:

• I think his shapeshifting deserves a Limited in front of it since he can only change his appearance to a certain extent

@POTM

Would you be willing to appropriately modify the profile page?

Probably just raw durability, but I will check.

Yes, resistance to deconstruction seems fine.

I will unlock the page for you. Tell me here when you are done.

Thank you. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back