• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman hax CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know where your suggestion comes from, I just don't think that's enough for that rating.

I really don't think all of that was meant to be taken literally word by word, its not like he can alter the entire timeline with sheere willpower.

That like saying that Crono had Causality Manipulation because he prevented Lavos from destroying the planet in the future.
He actually can. It was verbatim stated
This is from Superman #666, in this Superman is in his dream world and can create completely new powers on the fly. This wouldn't scale to a normal Superman, since he could've just amped his ice breath. Previously for example he blew Zatana's astral form away without freezing her.

This is from Superman: Where is Thy Sting and its questionable if that scene actually happened. MMH says Superman's visions are from his own mind and later on its heavily implied that it could be Superman's survivor's guilt. If it did happen, that wouldn't be Type 5, since Superman is just biologically immortal and not conceptually immortal.

Earlier in this comic every single one of them were forcefully possessed by Hal. He only struggled when he attempted to do so with all of them.

Most I can agree with here is Death Manipulation. But that honestly could have more to do with Superman's strange foundation as a pillar of the DCU rather than Death Resistance

As for the rest doesn't he already have them?
It was never stated Superman can create new abilities. Static electricity is something he could always do.

Earlier in the comic they didn't get fused into hal earlier? What do you mean, don't recall it happening

The feat for death manipulation resistance in supermans profile is from where is thy sting. This wiki treats it as canon and actually happened.

Also, dreams are just another reality

t was never stated Superman can create new abilities.
He literally states that
Superman: Super-Friction Brainiac. Super-Friction creates static electricity. Super-static-electricity creates... Shakkaboom

Brainiac: That... That makes no scientific sense whatsoev...

Superman: My Dream, my rules, you clockwork moron.
He can freely control and influence his powers in the dream world.
Earlier in the comic they didn't get fused into hal earlier?
Dude what. He combines with every single one and they cannot resist him

Batman outright says "You force yourself into our bodies and minds"
The feat for death manipulation resistance in supermans profile is from where is thy sting. This wiki treats it as canon and actually happened.
He has multiple reasonings for it besides Where Is Thy Sting.

Osiris' Touch bringing chaos, death, etc sounds more figurative than instant death, chaos manipulation, and etc.

Being a god of death doesn't automatically give Death Manipulation. You need to show an act of Death Manipulation.

That's not what was said. The quotes from the scans are:

"You have dared to confront the god of the dead, now feel the hate from the darkest pit of despair."

"Arbiter of Darkness whose touch brings chaos."

Just a thought, maybe in the Powerscaling Rules for Marvel & DC page should suggest or rule out people to have read the comics of which what they show up takes place, there's an insane amount of disingenuously on it.
I still think that this is likely a good idea, and would appreciate help with how to word such a rule and where to place it.

Anyway, what have Qawsedf234, Eficiente, and Firestorm808 accepted here?

Okay. What are the arguments for and against plot manipulation resistance, including the evidence?

Just a thought, maybe in the Powerscaling Rules for Marvel & DC page should suggest or rule out people to have read the comics of which what they show up takes place, there's an insane amount of disingenuously on it.
@Eficiente

Would you be willing to write a draft text for this?

@Eficiente

Would you be willing to write a draft text for this?
On the rules part we could add a 7° one saying "Source claims and understand the context surrounding them: When showing instances in comics their sources must always be clarified for a variety of reasons; to allow anyone to check the authenticity & canon of what's shown, see if there isn't any context against it or that would otherwise alter our view on the matter, even in new ways, and simply to allow people to read the stories should they feel like it. Just knowing the name of the comic from which something originates isn't enough though, it's recommended for all cases to know the context around what's happening. It is extremely common for all kinds of people to try get pass in threads and influence others outside of them using instances that look correct at glace but have outright silly reasons that prevent them from being legitimate feats, the people showing this vary not just from trolls and attention-seekers, but also well-intended and victims of misinformation.

Threads that don't list all their sources will be locked until their creators may add them, the staff who closed the thread can be asked in their wall/in a private message to unlock it afterwards."

Something like this? I guess the whole page could someday get rewritten in a more professional manner.

Last edited:
On the rules part we could add a 7° one saying "Source claims and understand the context surrounding them: When showing instances in comics their sources must always be clarified for a variety of reasons; to allow anyone to check the authenticity & canon of what's shown, see if there isn't any context against it or that would otherwise alter our view on the matter, even in new ways, and simply to allow people to read the stories should they feel like it. Just knowing the name of the comic from which something originates isn't enough though, it's recommended for all cases to know the context around what's happening. It is extremely common for all kinds of people to try get pass in threads and influence others outside of them using instances that look correct at glace but have outright silly reasons that prevents them from being legitimate feats, the people showing this vary not just from trolls and attention-seekers, but also well-intended and victims of misinformation.

Threads that don't list all their sources will be locked until their creators may add them, the staff who closed the thread can be asked in their wall/in a private message to unlock it afterwards."

Something like this? I guess the whole page could someday get rewritten in a more professional manner.
actually I do agree with this, my mistake for forgetting some of the issues and grabbing some from somewhere else

How about something like this?

"7) Properly presenting the full contexts for scans of feats: When attempting to get profile page changes accepted in content revisions threads, always add full issue number references for the stories in which the feats depicted in images occurr, so the members evaluating them can more easily verify the authenticity and canonical reliability of what is truly going on. It is also preferable if you honestly try to explain what is happening in the stories, as it is quite common for people to represent illegitimate feats out of context, including well-intended victims of misinformation (via respect threads or otherwise). Staff members are allowed to lock Marvel and DC Comics threads that do not list any sources for their images, but can be asked via their message walls to unlock them after this problem has been corrected."

Thank you.

What do the rest of you think?

Also, should I call the usual Marvel/DC experts here for further input?

Last edited:
So for now, paralysis resistance is okay Im guessing
For the plot manip, still waiting for arguments and stuff

If he has resistance to plot manipulation (which is most likely because of his placement in the DCU), how do you explain certain retcons he went through?

Yes, resistance to plot manipulation seems exaggerated or very inconsistent at best.

If he has resistance to plot manipulation (which is most likely because of his placement in the DCU), how do you explain certain retcons he went through?
Just higher potency. Also this one was just more recent, and retcons are usually due to time changing and him dying(Like crisis)

I agree that the first link in the Resistance to Plot and Conceptual Manip is a resistance to something, but maybe not those 2 powers or if it is only in a very specific way that woudn't matter to common uses of those powers to just attack Supes. I would need to know what is going on there in a very exact manner.

I agree that the first link in the Resistance to Plot and Conceptual Manip is a resistance to something, but maybe not those 2 powers or if it is only in a very specific way that woudn't matter to common uses of those powers to just attack Supes. I would need to know what is going on there in a very exact manner.
Its JLA/Doom Patrol Special if you wanna get the context

How about something like this?

"7) Properly presenting the full contexts for scans of feats: When attempting to get profile page changes accepted in content revisions threads, always add full issue number references for the stories in which the feats depicted in images occurr, so the members evaluating them can more easily verify the authenticity and canonical reliability of what is truly going on. It is also preferable if you honestly try to explain what is happening in the stories, as it is quite common for people to represent illegitimate feats out of context, including well-intended victims of misinformation (via respect threads or otherwise). Staff members are allowed to lock Marvel and DC Comics threads that do not list any sources for their images, but can be asked via their message walls to unlock them after this problem has been corrected."
@Zensum @C2_of_Omegon @Qawsedf234 @Sandman31 @SuperAPM @Firestorm808 @EmperorRorepme @LuciferDC099 @Newendigo @Ehnkr2beboh @Tllmbrg @Deagonx @Elizio33 @Planck69

Would the above text be an acceptable addition to the following page?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Power-scaling_Rules_for_Marvel_and_DC_Comics

Yeah citations are certainly necessary for CRTs. The text there seems fair enough and I'd gladly see it implemented. Also, quick tip for those looking for citations by the way, using reverse image search can give you citations for a decent amount of scans, so the sources aren't that hard to find and read.

Also have all the abilities to be added been agreed on? I'm quite late so that part of the thread is probably wrapped up by now.

Yeah citations are certainly necessary for CRTs. The text there seems fair enough and I'd gladly see it implemented. Also, quick tip for those looking for citations by the way, using reverse image search can give you citations for a decent amount of scans, so the sources aren't that hard to find and read.

Also have all the abilities to be added been agreed on? I'm quite late so that part of the thread is probably wrapped up by now.
We're still talking about the concept and plot manipulation resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back