• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman hax CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a lot to digest...

Pardon my confusion, but which hax go with which version of Superman?

This is a lot to digest...

Pardon my confusion, but which hax go with which version of Superman?
All of them are for post crisis which would apply to post flashpoint as well since post crisis is now canon and rebirth superman fused with it

We already talked about
  • Resistance to Hellfire Manipulation
  • Resistance to Fusionism
  • Deconstruction
  • Attack Reflection
  • Plot/Conceptual Manipulation
  • Resistance to Absorption
  • Etc.
Looks like bad arguments, you claim its talking about the core concept of the story of superman resisiting plot manipulation, but not superman himself, it would still grant superman resistance. His plot is the one resisting it

We already talked about
  • Resistance to Hellfire Manipulation
  • Resistance to Fusionism
  • Deconstruction
  • Attack Reflection
  • Plot/Conceptual Manipulation
  • Resistance to Absorption
  • Etc.
As for the hellfire, you guys said it doesn't count since superman has been harmed badly by hellfire. Yeah he has, by Neron who is stronger than spectre and Lucifer Morningstar

And for fusionism, you said it happened in the mind? It's just another reality, and you are aware that Hell in DC is an abstract realm since its in the sphere of gods

Edit: I accidentally added the magic absorption and resistance stuff, forgot that it doesn't really count. I'll try to find the comics where the other stuff happened

I said that Rakkar's fusing attempt with Superman was in not the physical world. However, we are shown that the Phantom Stranger divided Superman's soul, creating a weak and corruptable false outer shell for Rakkar to take. His true soul was clean and unharmed. Since Rakkar's power comes from corruption, he didn't corrupt anything significant and was easily defeated. Superman didn't have to resist fusionism.

Last edited:
Regarding the Retconn and the symbol of Superman, you would have to confer with the other staff members as well since it would affect all versions of Superman in the comics.

Regarding Transmutation, Superman just resisted the Hollow Men draining his life force, color, emotion, and hope. He was able to return what was stolen back to the victims which left the Hollow Men without form and color.

As for the hellfire, you guys said it doesn't count since superman has been harmed badly by hellfire. Yeah he has, by Neron who is stronger than spectre and Lucifer Morningstar

And for fusionism, you said it happened in the mind? It's just another reality, and you are aware that Hell in DC is an abstract realm since its in the sphere of gods

Edit: I accidentally added the magic absorption and resistance stuff, forgot that it doesn't really count. I'll try to find the comics where the other stuff happened
Scans neron is more powerful than spectre and Lucifer.

Edit: I accidentally added the magic absorption and resistance stuff, forgot that it doesn't really count. I'll try to find the comics where

Extrasensory perception or enhanced senses:

Can see souls

Causality or Fate or Time Manipulation Superman can change the predestined flow of time and change with his sheer will

Additions to his freezing Superman freezes Zatanna's astral form.

Deconstruction : Shown here - Return of Superman 1993

Immortality Type 5 Superman's death was defeated by Superman, and the literal embodiment of his death sees superman as its embodiment of hope

Attack reflection His heat vision reflects Darkseid's omega beams, which is termination, itself Superman passively reflected Martian manhunter's mind reading back at him

Absorption or Minor resistance to magic Breathed in magical dust from Etrigan- Superman The City of Tomorrow #3 Superman has resisted magic on countless occassions, I don't need to prove all of them, He tanked hits from shazam and only got beaten by him when off guard, has beaten black adam, fought wonder woman, survived hits from Arion the Dark Mage of Atlantis, who is Magic Incarnate. Though he did get a magic barrier from Stranger he tanked a few hits before that. Superman Vol 1 664

Transmutation Superman turned the Hollow Men
into beings that are shape without form

Resistance to fusionism Breaks out of fusionfrom the Lords of Hell- Superman Vol 1 #666

Resistance to Hellfire Manipulation and soul manipulation Tanks Hellfire that burns the soul from Etrigan

Resistance to Death Manipulation + Chaos Manipulation + Empathic Manipulation (Superman resisted Osiris's touch that is stated to bring chaos, hatred, death, and despair) - Adventures of Superman 1987 619

Resistance to Memory manipulation Superman can push through the barriers of memory and emotion Superman is unaffected by all memory and hope being destroyed- Superman: Where is Thy Sting?

Resistance to Soul Manipulation Superman: The Man of Steel 1991 127 ( Superman tanked magical attacks that stabbed into his soul directly, inducing fear and hopelessness within him) (Superman resists Banshee's scream which disrupts the etheric fibers of the soul)

Resistance to Life Absorption (Superman resists his energy and life being absorbed by Kancer, and regenerates from it instantly) (Superman built up an immunity to Banshee's scream, which induces death, disrupts the etheric fibers of the soul, and induces deafening)

Resistance to plot and conceptual manipulation (This should apply to rebirth and I think pre and post crisis too (Retconn corporations couldn't manipulate Superman's idea and story.)
(Superman reverted Gorilla Grodd's attempt to devolve him utilising the Morphogenetic Field, which is like a subtle animal version of Plato's archetypal reality that was once used to recreate the Source)

Extrasensory perception or enhanced senses:

Can see souls

Causality or Fate or Time Manipulation Superman can change the predestined flow of time and change with his sheer will

Additions to his freezing Superman freezes Zatanna's astral form.

Deconstruction : Shown here - Return of Superman 1993

Immortality Type 5 Superman's death was defeated by Superman, and the literal embodiment of his death sees superman as its embodiment of hope

Attack reflection His heat vision reflects Darkseid's omega beams, which is termination, itself Superman passively reflected Martian manhunter's mind reading back at him

Absorption or Minor resistance to magic Breathed in magical dust from Etrigan- Superman The City of Tomorrow #3 Superman has resisted magic on countless occassions, I don't need to prove all of them, He tanked hits from shazam and only got beaten by him when off guard, has beaten black adam, fought wonder woman, survived hits from Arion the Dark Mage of Atlantis, who is Magic Incarnate. Though he did get a magic barrier from Stranger he tanked a few hits before that. Superman Vol 1 664

Transmutation Superman turned the Hollow Men
into beings that are shape without form

Resistance to fusionism Breaks out of fusionfrom the Lords of Hell- Superman Vol 1 #666

Resistance to Hellfire Manipulation and soul manipulation Tanks Hellfire that burns the soul from Etrigan

Resistance to Death Manipulation + Chaos Manipulation + Empathic Manipulation (Superman resisted Osiris's touch that is stated to bring chaos, hatred, death, and despair) - Adventures of Superman 1987 619

Resistance to Memory manipulation Superman can push through the barriers of memory and emotion Superman is unaffected by all memory and hope being destroyed- Superman: Where is Thy Sting?

Resistance to Soul Manipulation Superman: The Man of Steel 1991 127 ( Superman tanked magical attacks that stabbed into his soul directly, inducing fear and hopelessness within him) (Superman resists Banshee's scream which disrupts the etheric fibers of the soul)

Resistance to Life Absorption (Superman resists his energy and life being absorbed by Kancer, and regenerates from it instantly) (Superman built up an immunity to Banshee's scream, which induces death, disrupts the etheric fibers of the soul, and induces deafening)

Resistance to plot and conceptual manipulation (This should apply to rebirth and I think pre and post crisis too (Retconn corporations couldn't manipulate Superman's idea and story.)
(Superman reverted Gorilla Grodd's attempt to devolve him utilising the Morphogenetic Field, which is like a subtle animal version of Plato's archetypal reality that was once used to recreate the Source)

Please I can't create threads but I wanna ask what this feat scales to as superman stated to be able to destroy the phantom zone.

Please I can't create threads but I wanna ask what this feat scales to as superman stated to be able to destroy the phantom zone.

Low 1-C by this wiki standards, but its a boomtube amp so doesnt count. Also, dont say it here, message me on my profile

Regarding Transmutation, Superman just resisted the Hollow Men draining his life force, color, emotion, and hope. He was able to return what was stolen back to the victims which left the Hollow Men without form and color.
I've cancelled out the abilities that you disagreed with, and for the fusion resistance I posted another scan of it

This is from Superman #666, in this Superman is in his dream world and can create completely new powers on the fly. This wouldn't scale to a normal Superman, since he could've just amped his ice breath. Previously for example he blew Zatana's astral form away without freezing her.
This is from Superman: Where is Thy Sting and its questionable if that scene actually happened. MMH says Superman's visions are from his own mind and later on its heavily implied that it could be Superman's survivor's guilt. If it did happen, that wouldn't be Type 5, since Superman is just biologically immortal and not conceptually immortal.
Earlier in this comic every single one of them were forcefully possessed by Hal. He only struggled when he attempted to do so with all of them.
Most I can agree with here is Death Manipulation. But that honestly could have more to do with Superman's strange foundation as a pillar of the DCU rather than Death Resistance

As for the rest doesn't he already have them?

Just a thought, maybe in the Powerscaling Rules for Marvel & DC page should suggest or rule out people to have read the comics of which what they show up takes place, there's an insane amount of disingenuously on it.

Just a thought, maybe in the Powerscaling Rules for Marvel & DC page should suggest or rule out people to have read the comics of which what they show up takes place, there's an insane amount of disingenuously on it.
Yeah, it would make things easier if OPs were required to cite their scans and confirm that they read said comic.

I think this is the only instance where she showed life absorption or something similar to it.

From Action Comics #820.
(I can't access Imgur atm, so I put the links here)

Also, when she takes someone's name, they basically end up dying, but it seems to happen over a brief period of time. So, they slowly become something that resemble a skeleton. (Supergirl Vol.4/1996 #11 - #12)

This is likely a very good idea. I am open for suggestions for how to word such a rule, as most battleboard fans on the Internet mainly seem to have seen out of context respect thread scans.

Anyway, thank you to Firestorm808, Qawsedf234, and Eficiente for helping out.

Not really. Asking someone to source a claim is something that's been in basically every academic field for a the past few hundred years. From English to anything Science related. Making a claim and providing a source for said claim should just be an automatic thing.
What do you think of the other stuff like limited resistance to paralysis and chaos manipulation resistance

I really felt tempted to add another line explaining why vsdebating isn't anywhere near an actual academic field, but we should still use it since its a good idea.

But I didn't include it, to my own detriment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back