• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman feat removal

Oh right, why wouldn't the league scale to him?

Also what's the problem with the Xanshi feat? Wasn't the GL pretty much done when his ring broke?

Once again I will repeat that Eobard Thawne was still conscious after tanking Wally's 4-B RMP.
Isn't Flash the only dude who physically scales to Eobard Thawne? Or does anyone have scenes of the other heavy-hitters of the league tango'ing with him?

I do know that Pre-merging Rebirth Superman (Who is prolly as strong as his Post-Crisis self) held his own against New 52 Superman, who scales to New 52 Mogo and the Green Lanterns who have a 2 kiloFOE feat of lighting up the universe, and to Orion who can destroy entire star systems in a no-holds-barred fistfight.

prolly because it exhausted John and brought him to his limit
Technically it brought the ring to its limit, not him.
Anyways that just means that at max he's 4-B, which btw is a creation feat so it makes sense why it took a lot of effort.
Isn't Flash the only dude who physically scales to Eobard Thawne? Or does anyone have scenes of the other heavy-hitters of the league tango'ing with him?
Superman extending his arm is essentially like running into a wall for Thawne.
I do know that Pre-merging Rebirth Superman (Who is prolly as strong as his Post-Crisis self) held his own against New 52 Superman, who scales to New 52 Mogo and the Green Lanterns who have a 2 kiloFOE feat of lighting up the universe, and to Orion who can destroy entire star systems in a no-holds-barred fistfight.
yeah but scaling like that isn't allowed on vsbw.

Technically it brought the ring to its limit, not him.
Anyways that just means that at max he's 4-B, which btw is a creation feat so it makes sense why it took a lot of effort.
Well, though it is a creation feat, it is indeed powered by his willpower like all his other attacks, which works as a Universal Power System of sorts, so prolly at his peak he would scale, yeah.

Superman extending his arm is essentially like running into a wall for Thawne.
Scan?

yeah but scaling like that isn't allowed on vsbw.
AFAIK, Pre-merging Rebirth Superman is the same Post-Crisis Superman we all know and love, just in the New 52 Universe.

main-qimg-4d8509b7e6f9dab85c7097c28ad5c532

AFAIK, Pre-merging Rebirth Superman is the same Post-Crisis Superman we all know and love, just in the New 52 Universe.
Yes, but Ant (disagrees) ...

The only problem with this is that we are doing tons of back scaling, even if we leave aside the idea of cross-continuity scaling. The Orion feat happens in Hal and Pals (halfway through rebirth) and the fight between Supermen was in the end of new 52 - essentially 1 and half year prior. And new 52 supes vs Orion happened halfway through supes and wondy run, which was around 1 or 2 years before N52 Supes' death. Confusing mess ngl

The only problem with this is that we are doing tons of back scaling, even if we leave aside the idea of cross-continuity scaling. The Orion feat happens in Hal and Pals (halfway through rebirth) and the fight between Supermen was in the end of new 52 - essentially 1 and half year prior. And new 52 supes vs Orion happened halfway through supes and wondy run, which was around 1 or 2 years before N52 Supes' death. Confusing mess ngl
Oh, right, I completely forgot that Orion's 4-B feat happened in Rebirth

Yeah, it really is confusing.

Comic source? Need that for references given just how tough it is to find the comics.

Yes, but Ant (disagrees) ...
I can see the disagreement if it were for other characters, but Superman seems like a no-brainer to scale to. This is basically the same Superman from Post-Crisis who just so ended up being transported on the front porch of New 52 Superman's house.

BTW, I remember Imp-ress actually preparing for an eventual "2-C at full power" revision for Post-Crisis Superman, so Tier 4 might be axed altogether for Supes's peak.
2-C? We already had hard time to find valid 3-A/Low 2-C for Superman via either feats or scaling, i really want to see where this 2-C come from.

2-C? We already had hard time to find valid 3-A/Low 2-C for Superman via either feats or scaling, i really want to see where this 2-C come from.
Cross scaling Pre-Crisis Superman and Superboy-Prime to Post-Crisis Superman from what others attempted to do. But that's like 3-A Krillin/Master Roshi levels of downscaling.

Anyway Tier 2 discussion is a dead end so let’s stay on topic.

Should be removed:
  • Superman throwing away a compressed solar system
  • Superman containing a mini-black hole (Should be replaced with Resistance to Gravity Manipulation/Black Holes)
4-C/High 4-C:
  • Sun Eater’s explosion
  • Kyle Rayner contained a supernova
4-B:
  • Alan Scott
  • GL Black hole feats
  • Matt’s Wally West calc

Also apparently this feat is a thing:

“In Green Lantern #166/167, Kyle Rayner contains a pseudo-black hole/Quantum Singularity which would destroy a star/solar system
Is somebody here willing to properly handle this please? Also, which other character profile pages need to be updated as well?

I can see the disagreement if it were for other characters, but Superman seems like a no-brainer to scale to. This is basically the same Superman from Post-Crisis who just so ended up being transported on the front porch of New 52 Superman's house.
I am aware that the Post-Rebirth Superman is officially a merger of his Post-Crisis and Post-Flashpoint selves, but do not consider it reliable at all to backscale between different continuities. By that logic we would have to scale sundipped Post-Crisis Superman to the World Forger, even though he has no feats of anywhere near that scale on his own.

If he scales to other characters with such feats, probably yes, although some of the linked feats in his page need to be removed.

There's some black hole feats which should be evaluated by calc members. If they're usable then he can keep his 4-B tier. Also we have a 4-B statement for Alan Scott but i'm not sure that if he scales to other JLA members. We need Firestorm808's help here.

Solar System level at peak (Contained a mini-black hole that was about to destroy the entire solar system.[6] He withstood an explosion at a point-blank range equivalent to 50 Keplar Supernovas while severely weakened by red sun radiation. Tanked multiple red solar radiation blasts from a Sun-Eater, which was capable of destroying entire suns and star systems)

Those feats and compressed Solar System feat should be removed. Compressed Solar System feat is Low 5-B at best, Sun-Eater feats are High 4-C and that mini-black hole didn't one shot to a Solar System it was an overtime process.

Also we have a 4-B statement for Alan Scott but i'm not sure that if he scales to other JLA members. We need Firestorm808's help here.
I know that Alan its quite strong, but i'm not sure if he like far far above the rest of the Justice League, because if other heavy hitters do at least downscale to him, then Superman and other are easily around if not above baseline 4-B.

Remember, similar to Cell Alan Scott's death would had destroy the entire Solar System from Earth, meaning he should be at least around 1.053 KiloFoe.

Alan Scott's feat looks great, though didn't I hear he was like in a league of his own far above other Green Lanterns as well as most of the Justice League founders? Furthermore, I heard of some High 4-C recalculations for the traditional IMP (Or RMP as commonly called), but not sure if it was applied but could use its own calc group discussion.

So:
  • Superman (Post-Crisis)
  • Professor Zoom (Post-Crisis)
  • Green Lantern (Alan Scott) (Post-Crisis)
If those 3 are unlocked I’ll be able to apply the revisions.

Last edited:
There's also some problems with his Lifting Strength:

Lifting Strength: Stellar (Comparable to Lobo, and Mon-El, who pushed a White Dwarf star to another Solar System. Able to hold a black hole and a compressed solar system)

White dwarf, Compressed solar system and black hole feats should be removed. They're not stellar class feats. Iirc white dwarfs should be as big as the Earth to have stellar mass but this white dwarf is very small. According to Fan's calculations that compressed Star has a mass of 4.5e+14 kilograms which clearly isn't stellar class. And this black hole feat is Class E to Class Z.

So:
  • Superman (Post-Crisis)
  • Professor Zoom (Post-Crisis)
  • Green Lantern (Alan Scott) (Post-Crisis)
If those 3 are unlocked I’ll be able to apply the revisions.
I will unlock the pages. Tell me here when you are done.

That seems to make sense to me, but what feats is his current lifting strength based on?

That seems to make sense to me, but what feats is his current lifting strength based on?
Superman's current LS justification:

Lifting Strength: Stellar (Comparable to Lobo, and Mon-El, who pushed a White Dwarf star to another Solar System. Able to hold a black hole and a compressed solar system)

1. Iirc white dwarfs should be as big as the Earth to have stellar mass but this white dwarf is very small.

2. According to FanofRPG's calculations that compressed Star has a mass of 4.5e+14 kilograms which clearly isn't stellar class.

3. This mini black hole feat is Class E to Class Z.

The only remaining feat is Lobo's Pulsar feat which is Stellar class but as i said above Class Y is more consistent for Superman.

Back