• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Super) Spirit Bomb = EE

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes it so special? The manga, the anime, and the databooks all refer to the Super Spirit Bomb as a Spirit Bomb but large. Burden of proof is on you to prove that the Super Spirit Bomb is a unique variant, let alone one with existence erasing properties.

It can be argued that this only applies to the Spirit Bomb that was used against Kid Buu because it's clasified as a different version of the technique in the Daizenshuu (it's called the Super Genki-Dama most of the time, if not all the time).

Spirit bomb was also utilized on frieza and vegeta if it was ee then both of them would have been done for Goku just destroyed buu on an cellular lvl
Like I stated it erases evil. Frieza and Vegeta aren't PURE evil. Majin Buu is tho.

Vegito also threatened to disintegrate Buuhan, which Buu took as a genuine threat, implying that Vegito could completely destroy Buu, much like the Super Spirit Bomb did
SS3 Gotenks and Goku were also capable of killing Boo by eradicating it.

The Daizenshuu's character guide also says that Buu regenerates as long as a singular cell remains. So Goku only needed to destroy Buu to the sub-cellular level rather than outright erase him.

Well, I don't know why you think it's existence erasure, it just appears to completely annihilate buu beyond his regeneration. Buu's regen can save him from being turned to vapor. Which means that the spirit bomb must have atomized him. You can interpret those statements as hyperbole really, like what is different from a normal energy blast and the genki-dama?

The Genki-Dama isn't a regular ki attack.
And you here to explain how Spirit Bomb is Conceptual again. Seriously this topic should be closed

And if Spirit Bomb is EE, then everyone with Ki Manip will have EE and the entire verse will have EE cause Spirit Bomb is made up of Ki

That's true^. I don't know why the genki-dama should be any different from other ki techniques. It's just an exceptionally large ball of ki from different people.

And you here to explain how Spirit Bomb is Conceptual again. Seriously this topic should be closed

And if Spirit Bomb is EE, then everyone with Ki Manip will have EE and the entire verse will have EE cause Spirit Bomb is made up of Ki
Spirit bomb isn't made of normal ki. What even are you saying, do you even read dragon ball

Spirit bomb isn't made of normal ki. What even are you saying, do you even read dragon ball
You know you need to explain why it's different right?

And no source says the ki is different.
Source 1 "Gathered from the power of all of the people on the earth"
Source 6 "Collected from the Ki of all humanity"

So unless regular people's Ki has EE, this should've been declined a while ago

You know you need to explain why it's different right?

And no source says the ki is different.
Source 1 "Gathered from the power of all of the people on the earth"
Source 6 "Collected from the Ki of all humanity"

So unless regular people's Ki has EE, this should've been declined a while ago
Sorry but the burden of proof is on you to prove that Spirit Bomb is special
It erased someone thats why its special. No need for more supporting evidence, you are the one who needs to show evidence it isn't special since you made the claim

It erased someone thats why its special. No need for more supporting evidence, you are the one who needs to show evidence it isn't special since you made the claim
So if I erase words from a piece of paper I have EE right?

"Erase" does not mean "erase from existence".

just a question, but if the spirit bomb erases people from existence, why would Goku use it in the ToP knowing he'd get erased if he broke the rules?

correct me if I'm remembering the ToP wrong.
I think that is because Spirit Bomb can't kill good people. Pride Troupes is a group that brings justice and peace to their universe. So Jiren is a good person, Spirit Bomb would just knock him out if it was strong enough.

just a question, but if the spirit bomb erases people from existence, why would Goku use it in the ToP knowing he'd get erased if he broke the rules?

correct me if I'm remembering the ToP wrong.
Because nobody there was made of 100% percent evil. Also Goku for Jiren would be a trade I make any day of my life.

If they give power to Goku and Goku gives it to the Spirit Bomb then that doesn't matter.

I disagree with this, and I believe when they refer to the term "Erased" they mean killed/destroyed. It's not erasure existence, when it didn't erase frieza in Namek saga. Sure, it was weaker before, but it would still be the same technique.

Buu wasn't 100% erased remember uub is a thing or an person however you may prefer to say it

Because he wasn't pure good. Or at least we have no proof he was.
But goku is pure of heart, that's facts. It's the whole reason he can ride the nimbus cloud. Maybe he was gonna get killed because he was in blue but I think goku has SSJ mastered like it's his base although I think that's been contradicted since krillin said that goku reverts to base because he needs to be pure of heart to gather energy but for example the spirit bomb was gonna kill vegeta when goku was firing it at buu, but vegeta was actually considered a good person because he was returned to life by the dragon, so that's why the spirit bomb could possibly kill a good person.

Numerous attacks being made up out of ki does not mean they work the same. Kienzan is a prime example.

So if I erase words from a piece of paper I have EE right?

"Erase" does not mean "erase from existence".
Because ''erasing'' a word from a piece of paper is the same as erasing a person's body from the universe, right? Stop comparing apples to oranges.

Buu wasn't 100% erased remember uub is a thing or an person however you may prefer to say it
His soul wasn't erased. His body was.

The Daizenshuu literally refers to it as a Spirit Bomb that's more powerful ("A Genki-Dama made by asking everybody on Earth to donate their ki").
It's called a ''Super Genki-Dama'' instead of ''Genki-Dama''. They make it clear that this a different version of the technique numerous times.

Numerous attacks being made up out of ki does not mean they work the same. Kienzan is a prime example.

Because ''erasing'' a word from a piece of paper is the same as erasing a person's body from the universe, right? Stop comparing apples to oranges.

His soul wasn't erased. His body was.

It's called a ''Super Genki-Dama'' instead of ''Genki-Dama''. They make it clear that this a different version of the technique numerous times.
1. Baseless assumption, Ki attack is Ki attack, and to point out your flaw, Kienzan got tanked by Perfect Cell, that mean it still being tied by power level of user. And if a skill being tied by their AP, they are not Hax
2. No, anyone with massive amount of AP advantage, not just DB could destroy their opponent beyond cellular, atomic level
3. Yes his body was erased, by what, he tank it before Goku got back his power and powering up, that mean Spirit Bomb still being tied by user power level and if a skill being tied by their AP, they are not Hax.
4 Just different name, with bigger size, AP and have more mount of Ki. or Vegeta Big Bang Attack will have universal AP, using figurative, flowery word will not get you anywhere

Goku even murmuring when he holding the Spirit Bomb when he could only gathered the Ki from Z Fighter that this is not enough, mean it doesn't have enough power do destroy Buu, so the point of EE Spirit Bomb is moot here

But goku is pure of heart, that's facts. It's the whole reason he can ride the nimbus cloud. Maybe he was gonna get killed because he was in blue but I think goku has SSJ mastered like it's his base although I think that's been contradicted since krillin said that goku reverts to base because he needs to be pure of heart to gather energy but for example the spirit bomb was gonna kill vegeta when goku was firing it at buu, but vegeta was actually considered a good person because he was returned to life by the dragon, so that's why the spirit bomb could possibly kill a good person.
He doesn't ride it anymore.

Goku even murmuring when he holding the Spirit Bomb when he could only gathered the Ki from Z Fighter that this is not enough, mean it doesn't have enough power do destroy Buu, so the point of EE Spirit Bomb is moot here
Maybe you have to overpower them with the Spirit Bomb, you know like Jiren?

Goku interacting with Nimbus in the filler arc if i'm remember, when he with Krillin fighting the fake Super Sheron. He could call, talking to it mean he could still ride it if needed

This isn't EE and the spirit doesn't do anything special to evil characters.

All tho I do think we should mention DB characters can atomize with Ki attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back