• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sonic still doesn't resist paralysis or Soul manip, so he can't do shit and Asriel kind of just kills him. Again. This happened before.

Sonic still doesn't resist paralysis or Soul manip, so he can't do shit and Asriel kind of just kills him. Again. This happened before.
Indomitable will on his profile says otherwise. Sonic really got killed by your typical paralysis inducement? Doesn't he have some maybe thought based abilities?

Indomitable will on his profile says otherwise. Sonic really got killed by your typical paralysis inducement? Doesn't he have some maybe thought based abilities?
Sonic would not have DT by Undertale powers, as that is accepted to be Soul power shit, aka, stuff Sonic doesn't have.

Even if he does have thought based abilities Asriel blows him to ******* hedgehogmerines in just a few hits and he throws out attacks like Settra the Imperishable throws out armies. If Sonic can somehow beat Asriel is the very, VERY limited he has to do so, sure, it isn't a stomp if it's in-character. It's just really weighted in Asriel's favor.

Even if he does have thought based abilities Asriel blows him to ******* hedgehogmerines in just a few hits and he throws out attacks like Settra the Imperishable throws out armies. If Sonic can somehow beat Asriel is the very, VERY limited he has to do so, sure, it isn't a stomp if it's in-character. It's just really weighted in Asriel's favor.
Even causality hax?

This battle happened before with Super Silver and was deemed a stomp in Silver's favor. Albeit he has thought based telekinesis and a huge AP advantage.

If Sonic were paralyzed from the get-go (I swear he has paralysis resistance, but I'll have to talk to some peeps about that), he'd resort to his thought based hax. This ranges from Teleportation, Time manipulation, and Sealing.

I feel he's most likely to use TP to evade attacks after being paralyzed (as he has no other way to dodge), stops time with Chaos Control (Which potentially allows him to move since Asriel's passives would be stopped in time? Not sure how passives work in stopped time tbh) and then kinda just seals him away with far superior 2-B range. He doesn't really have many other choices after all.

His only other choice would be his thought based transmutation, but I don't think he'd opt for that if he could harmlessly tp his opponent into a dimension far far away.

This battle happened before with Super Silver and was deemed a stomp in Silver's favor. Albeit he has thought based telekinesis and a huge AP advantage.

If Sonic were paralyzed from the get-go (I swear he has paralysis resistance, but I'll have to talk to some peeps about that), he'd resort to his thought based hax. This ranges from Teleportation, Time manipulation, and Sealing.

I feel he's most likely to use TP to evade attacks after being paralyzed (as he has no other way to dodge), stops time with Chaos Control (Which potentially allows him to move since Asriel's passives would be stopped in time? Not sure how passives work in stopped time tbh) and then kinda just seals him away with far superior 2-B range. He doesn't really have many other choices after all.

His only other choice would be his thought based transmutation, but I don't think he'd opt for that if he could harmlessly tp his opponent into a dimension far far away.
Asriel's paralysis is both physical soul-based(i think, i could be wanking a bit lol), so it's not like standard paralysis resistance really helps

All right yeah, if he can TP like that he can probably beat Asriel very badly, since there's not really much Asriel can do other then what I said above, basically Asriel's wincon is taking advantage of any confusion Sonic has by being Immediately paralyzed and hitting him a few times

Asriel's paralysis is both physical soul-based(i think, i could be wanking a bit lol), so it's not like standard paralysis resistance really helps
You could be right as I am aware a lot of attacks affect the soul. But it should be noted that in the fight with Asriel that it doesn't affect Frisk's soul, so I'm not 100% sure about that. At the very least it affects the body, but I personally wouldn't say the soul due to it only affecting Frisk's body during their fight.
All right yeah, if he can TP like that he can probably beat Asriel very badly, since there's not really much Asriel can do other then what I said above, basically Asriel's wincon is taking advantage of any confusion Sonic has by being Immediately paralyzed and hitting him a few times
Agreed. He could def hurt Sonic due to his lack of resistance to attacks targeting his soul (Though I think in the Arabian Nights he has a few soul based abilities or smth, can't remember the specifics). I just think Sonic who is quick to pick up on stuff (On top of multiple forms of precog) would know to start using Chaos Control. Something that comes standard to his Super Form. Especially when he's fought with characters who can induce paralysis before (Silver and Shadow. Silver through PK strikes and Shadow through Chaos Spears which also induce paralysis).

Wouldn't Asriel just RIP the timeline..?

I dunno how time stop works without time

Given time hax have shown to work in places without space or time in Sonic, I imagine he could still very well affect Asriel (Such as in Generations)
And Frisk's time hax works even in that place tho

By the way, wouldn't Asriel put Sonic to sleep since he does it?

Show me.

That isn't on the profile.
"Isn't in profile" means you guys forgot to add it.

After the fight, Frisk literally wakes up when Asriel goes away, at that time everyone woke up since after the soul were returned, everyone woke up but not frisk, and everyone waited and was staying around them.
Tho only after the fight. It's certainly not an opening move.
Dunno man, might be Asriel's option to do it if Sonic figures out how to **** Asriel

"Isn't in profile" means you guys forgot to add it.

After the fight, Frisk literally wakes up when Asriel goes away, at that time everyone woke up since after the soul were returned, everyone woke up but not frisk, and everyone waited and was staying around them.

Dunno man, might be Asriel's option to do it if Sonic figures out how to **** Asriel
Aka that means it can't be used in this fight, also Frisk could've been, ya know, knocked out.

Except Asriel like, wouldn't know so...

Aka that means it can't be used in this fight, also Frisk could've been, ya know, knocked out.
One problem

Asriel is inside that dream, even if Frisk is "knocked out".

But anyway, I think it can be used in-fight since battle location never changed and always was in dream
Except Asriel like, wouldn't know so...
Wouldn't know what..?

I mean, it's not like Asriel knows of Sonic's win-cons. He's gonna think Sonic is harmless if he's paralyzed from the get-go. Sonic's win-cons are basically instant wins, so it's not like he has the ability to counter.

One problem

Asriel is inside that dream, even if Frisk is "knocked out".

But anyway, I think it can be used in-fight since battle location never changed and always was in dream

Wouldn't know what..?
I have a feeling you're spouting unaccepted shit that you need to get accepted...

And Asriel wouldn't know Sonic had his ass until it was too late.

Anyway, Asriel win-cons here are more likely to happen, so voting Asriel.

Wha- did what I say earlier just get completely ignored or something? Upon being paralyzed, Sonic would immediately go for his win-con. That being bfr that goes beyond Asriels range. His bfr is thought based, so it's not like he needs to move to use it

Wha- did what I say earlier just get completely ignored or something? Upon being paralyzed, Sonic would immediately go for his win-con. That being bfr that goes beyond Asriels range. His bfr is thought based, so it's not like he needs to move to use it
Asriels soul absorbtion is also thought based and he was able to absorb the entire underground in little no time.

Asriels soul absorbtion is also thought based and he was able to absorb the entire underground in little no time.

From what I recall, it wasn't instant (it took a few seconds of screen flashing for it to occur). Meanwhile Sonic just needs to think and Asriel is immediately poorer to somewhere he can't escape from. Not to mention Asriel Dreeumur doesn't even open up with soul absorption whereas Sonic would as its his only means of attack if he were paralyzed (However, after some discussion, he apparently should have a resistance on his profile for begging paralysis in 06).

Basically, Asriel goes for soul attacks, Sonic poofs Asriel away.

From what I recall, it wasn't instant (it took a few seconds of screen flashing for it to occur). Meanwhile Sonic just needs to think and Asriel is immediately poorer to somewhere he can't escape from
He was taking it from all the underground with hundreds of hundreds monsters souls all scattered around plus the fact that he was mocking them in a way.
. Not to mention Asriel Dreeumur doesn't even open up with soul absorption whereas Sonic would as its his only means of attack if he were paralyzed
What? Thats literally the first thing he did? 🤨

He was taking it from all the underground with hundreds of hundreds monsters souls all scattered around plus the fact that he was mocking them in a way.

What? Thats literally the first thing he did? 🤨

Even if it was hundreds of souls, we can't assume that absorbing less = less time if all we've seen was him absorbing multiple souls. It would be an arbitrary decision.

No, it was the first thing FLOWEY did to BECOME Asriel. Asriel didn't immediately try to take Frisk's soul. They relished their power and started attacking Frisk. Because once he became Asriel, he had no reason to use his soul hax. He was basically all powerful after all

Even if it was hundreds of souls, we can't assume that absorbing less = less time if all we've seen was him absorbing multiple souls. It would be an arbitrary decision.
It doesnt change the fact that it is thought based and has a unknown time to absorb so at best its a incon
No, it was the first thing FLOWEY did to BECOME Asriel. Asriel didn't immediately try to take Frisk's soul. They relished their power and started attacking Frisk. Because once he became Asriel, he had no reason to use his soul hax. He was basically all powerful after all
No the only reason they didn't absorb frisk was because he was mocking them and he also saw them as their best friend including the fact that Asriel wanted to watch their DT burn down. To any OTHER thing he was against he absorbed them. After he became asriel literally only 2 people stayed on the verse asriel and frisk. His only starting move is absorbtion

How do we know sonic will BFR? Does he do that if he is in a danger? Instantly?

It doesnt change the fact that it is thought based and has a unknown time to absorb so at best its a incon

No the only reason they didn't absorb frisk was because he was mocking them and he also saw them as their best friend including the fact that Asriel wanted to watch their DT burn down. To any OTHER thing he was against he absorbed them. After he became asriel literally only 2 people stayed on the verse asriel and frisk. His only starting move is absorbtion

How do we know sonic will BFR? Does he do that if he is in a danger? Instantly?

Why would it be incon if Super Sonic's win-con triggers faster? Asriel absorbing a soul takes longer than it does for Sonic to just poof someone.

You're assuming that since Flowey opened up with soul absorption that Asriel would. Asriel has no reason to as he's already extremely powerful unlike Flowey. Not to mention we see throughout the fight that his goal is to destroys the timelines. Basing Asriel's fighting style based on flowey despite already having what he wants is asinine IMO.

Yes, of course he'd immediately go for bfr. His only way to attack when paralyzed is bfr or thought based transmutation. But Sonic wouldn't want to like kill Asriel. So he'd opt for bfr.

Why would it be incon if Super Sonic's win-con triggers faster? Asriel absorbing a soul takes longer than it does for Sonic to just poof someone.
Because it is not enough to determine how fast it is when it is obviously just an effect that is supposed to show he is taking the entire underground souls
You're assuming that since Flowey opened up with soul absorption that Asriel would. Asriel has no reason to as he's already extremely powerful unlike Flowey. Not to mention we see throughout the fight that his goal is to destroys the timelines. Basing Asriel's fighting style based on flowey despite already having what he wants is asinine IMO.
Well sad news but asriel has no other starting move against enemies expect for soul absorbtion. The only reason they didn't absorb frisk and go on to destroy the timelines was because of what I explained earlier. It is not fair to assume asriel would have the same thought against a random ass blue hedgehog
Yes, of course he'd immediately go for bfr. His only way to attack when paralyzed is bfr or thought based transmutation. But Sonic wouldn't want to like kill Asriel. So he'd opt for bfr.
But wouldn't he surprised for like a second or something? How big is the BFR range btw? Last but not least can't asriel load back?

Back