• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Bros. Massive Upgrades

I'd still ask a Japanese speaker like Shiro, Sera or Executor to translate it to be sure. There's a reason Google Translate is memed a lot for being often unreliable.

Even if the translation is 100% correct, we'd still be wrong in saying MH didn't create the Smash universe. Check anything, and I mean anything, about Master Hand that's off this site and they'll mention MH creating the Smashverse.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Sorry but "everyone else thinks so!" is not a good argument at all.
Yes, appeal to popularity is a fallacy but I still do not want to go off of popular belief because a handful of fans don't know what context is.

Dude bring proofs if you're so convinced that absolutely everyone on Earth thinks that Master Hand created the Smash Universe. That's literally what we need. Proofs. Because those vague statements about embodying creation aren't good enough.

Isn't Crazy Hand the personification of destruction?

Either Crazy Hand destroyed the universe, or they're talking about lower scale personfiications of cretion and destruction respectively.

Crazy Hand's statements aren't any better than Master Hand's. They're pretty much the same, actually.

How could we believe that Master Hand created the Smash Universe if we also believe that the Creation Trio are the ones who made the universe?

Aren't these two ideas contradicitve? They can't both be the creators of the universe.

Warren Valion said:
How could we believe that Master Hand created the Smash Universe if we also believe that the Creation Trio are the ones who made the universe?
Aren't these two ideas contradicitve? They can't both be the creators of the universe.
There´s also support for each series simply being from an alternate universe, meaning that the Creation Trio simply did so to ANOTHER universe.

@Saikou and Master Hand = Crazy Hand for the most part right?

Wouldn't make sense if one character personifies universal creation and the other is lesser destruction if they're supposed to be equal.

But at least that's my train of thought.

Maybe, as a suggestion, you have translators like Hermes translate the japanese scans to see if something is worthwhile?

And yes, sorry for the suprise appearance, ive been following the site while away and have been thinking of returning. Saw this come up in notifs and thought "why not? I'll follow". Good to see everyone is doing well.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Maybe, as a suggestion, you have translators like Hermes translate the japanese scans to see if something is worthwhile?
And yes, sorry for the suprise appearance, ive been following the site while away and have been thinking of returning. Saw this come up in notifs and thought "why not? I'll follow". Good to see everyone is doing well.
Hey look, a wild Kukui has appeared.

@Warren The Smash Universe is its own thing, separate from the others. The fact that Palutena & Viridi considers Link's world to be "another world" and the fact that Spirits are sent to their "original world" proves as much.

@SD Yeah, but neither have proofs of doing things on a universal scale, so both can be considered lesser creation/destruction.

Combining all the statements of Master Hand, we have a mysterious creator figure that embodies creation of the universe, is stated by Sakurai to be the master of the world, sees the battlefields of Smash as imaginary, and has a power that borders on absolute.

Clearly he scales below Bayo.

@Warren The Smash Universe is its own thing, separate from the others. The fact that Palutena & Viridi considers Link's world to be "another world" and the fact that Spirits are sent to their "original world" proves as much.
Then why did so many people get on my case for saying the quote in the trophy gallery was talking about the character from their own universe, who has the same quote, and not the Smash universe?

Hermes is the only off-site translator I know that is credible with translating japanese like how he does it for Dragonball Material.

If anything notable for Smash is there in those japanese sentences, maybe he can help.

@Warren Because you're implying that there two versions of a single character instead of the character from the original games showing up in the Smash world. Like several things implies (most characters recieving an invitation to Smash from their home world, the original Bayo being the one participating in Smash, etc.)

@Cal It's still not enough and is not how we work here. Nevermind the fact that the Smash world being "imaginary" to it is contradicted every single times anyone has ever encountered it and fought it.

@Warren Because you're implying that there two versions of a single character instead of the character from the original games showing up in the Smash world. Like several things implies (most characters recieving an invitation to Smash from their home world, the original Bayo being the one participating in Smash, etc.)
Isn't that how crossovers are done here?

You don't take the scaling from the series that are being crossovered, you take it from the crossover itself.

@Warren If a character from one of the original series does the feat again in the crossover we can use it. We just don't use all the feats from the original work. Again, we would have 2-B Dialga otherwise. Which we don't.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:

Welcome Back!

Thanks Triforce. Im not sure yet if im really coming back, still thinking about it. For now i'll just follow threads and pop in when someone asks me to or if theres a topic I feel I should add 2 cents to.

The real cal howard said:
Regardless, you have a way to keep in contact? I don't wanna lose my friend again.
Awww:(

Well, one of my friends recently made me get a Discord lol, so I could give you that incase you ever want to talk about wikia stuff or just chat about anything in general.

The 2-A statement is not 2-A. It is just saying that every action they do keeps creating universes endlessly, not that it literally spawns a 2-A amount of them with each action.

Bump. Can someone at least remove "Creator of the Smash Bros. universe" from MH's classifications?

Back