• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sun Wukong VS Konpaku Yomu (Lego Monkie Kid VS Touhou Project) 1/1/0

Yomu's win condition here is that she can nullify his body by stealing his soul enough. She can achieves this by using her skills with danmaku and magic swordsmanship

Sun Wukong's win condition here is either killing her or sealing her. He can achieve either by using his superior lifting strength, staffplay, clones, and magic constructs. The Ruyi Jingu Bang can nullify danmaku either by blasting energy waves or physically whacking them aside by itself

And at this point I should probably cast my own vote for Sun Wukong myself after all this yapping ngl lol.

Thread starters are allowed to vote after all.

Last edited:
Yomu's win condition here is that she can nullify his body by stealing his soul enough. She can achieves this by using her skills with danmaku and magic swordsmanship

Sun Wukong's win condition here is either killing her or sealing her. He can achieve either by using his superior lifting strength, clones, and magic constructs. The Ruyi Jingu Bang can nullify danmaku either by blasting energy waves or physically whacking them aside by itself

And at this point I should probably cast my own vote for Sun Wukong myself after all this yapping ngl lol.

Thread starters are allowed to vote after all.
Well it seems that knowing who wins here is getting a bit complicated lol, at the moment wukong seems to have more of an advantage but you shouldn't underestimate Youmu either

Otherwise, Youmu's power modification serves to make wukong's attacks non-lethal

Also last I heard iirc power modification for Touhou only applies to the user's own spellcards and not others' attacks so that won't do anything as long as that's true

but the concept of power modification in this wiki is that it is used to alter the powers of others, so youmu can still modify wukong's attacks to make them non-lethal

Youmu can also block Wukong with forcefields and reflect his attacks, and she can also dodge him - she won't stand still.

She can also become invulnerable via slash of eternity
How many Universes does Youmu scale to, bc forcefields would get overpowered if she scale lower in AP

Their stats are relatively even so it doesn't matter much to talk about power and speed given they're both countless hundreds

The Hulk has power modification as well, but it only works for himself.

There's no recorded case of someone modifying a spellcard or attack in Touhou midbattle as far as I know

Their stats are relatively even so it doesn't matter much to talk about power and speed given they're both countless hundreds

The Hulk has power modification as well, but it only works for himself.

There's no recorded case of someone modifying a spellcard or attack in Touhou midbattle as far as I know
in hulk's profile it clearly says that he has self-power modification, youmu doesn't so she could still modify wukong's power

For more exact numbers at least around 200 but expected to be far higher for Lego Monkie Kid.

Both of them work on countless dreams cosmology with the scrolls and Doremy's dreams

For the power modification thing, it's still doubtful if it's combat applicable tbh given that even Reimu's Fantasy Nature spellcard move was only given a time limit by Marisa during outside of active battle. There has never been a case of it being used in active combat

We can just act like they're even by going with their higher end interpretations lol

The dreams of both the scrolls and Doremy's dreams are both considered countless

It's more interesting this way

Just because it has not been seen used in combat does not mean that it cannot, for example it is as if a random character can shoot fire but since he has never been seen doing it in combat as such, assume that it is not applicable to combat.

She can still do it, the only thing is that it's not something she would do right away.

I know but spellcard rules power modification lean more into preparatory spells rather than active combat spells given all of their portrayals in the series

Even without that, it's not in character for anyone in Touhou to use power modification midcombat against an opponent

If you were brave, you'd say Youmu loses because she's a female.
Jd1jCHE.jpeg
If you were horny and biased, you'd agree with me.
7NHjKLz.jpeg

I know but spellcard rules power modification lean more into preparatory spells rather than active combat spells given all of their portrayals in the series

Even without that, it's not in character for anyone in Touhou to use power modification midcombat against an opponent
Youmu is not following the rules in this fight, she wants to finish Sun Wukong by any means, she is not going to hold back

And again if she has to use something like the power modification she will do it, nothing stops her

The only thing is that it may not occur to her to do that right away since it is not something she usually does, especially in fights.

Back