• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suiryu possible ability additions

Just some ability additions I think Suiryu could have after re-reading the super fight arc.

Firstly, Suiryu's Void Shaking Tiger Fist should have Statistics Amplification a "higher with" rating because Lin Lin who is a professional martial artists explains that everytime Suiryu steps inwards, the weight behind his blows increase and we can see Suiryu do it repeatedly to boost his power for a named attack specifically and as the Statistics Amplification page states, "These boosts are usually temporary and are specific to one or a number of statistics."

Although this could be a bit of a stretch, I'd also argue his void rising phoenix fist could have statistics amp a "higher with" rating too because normally they are evenly matched but when Suiryu uses Tiger Fist it shows again that it's stronger than a normal attack but also Phoenix Fist has a similar effect of doing significantly greater damage than normal.

Suiryu should also have Acrobatics since the page says:

"Hypermobility: The user is capable of performing extremely agile movements with their body that could cause pain or even notable injuries to the vast majority of other people under the same conditions, including surviving falls by simply manoeuvring"
And
"Self-Momentum: The character controls their own movements, being capable of accelerating and decelerating quickly with no issues, by physical means, such as pushing against a surface or grabbing an object mid-air, in order to change one's direction."
Suiryu shows this

Last edited:
I'm not too sure about Suiryu's footwork giving him Statistics Amplification since footwork is generally important for martial arts as far as I know and Lin Lin's statement gives me the impression of being based on that. There is also the fact that she doesn't phrase it as every step increasing his power and instead emphasizes with her statement how a single step-in can increase the weight of a blow which doesn't exactly claim that the effects of each step-in stack on each other. That being said, said footwork being quite excessive and involving a fair amount of steps with Suiryu going all out against Saitama could indeed support that to some degree but as I already said earlier I'm not entirely sure about that.

Tiger Fist and Phoenix Fist doing more damage than unnamed strikes is rather natural for specifically named techniques. That seems more like a matter of specific maneuvers being better for drawing out and utilizing the already present strength of his body than him temporarily increasing his strength to me. It's generally possible to deal varying amounts of damage to an opponent based on where and how you strike them after all. I do agree with Acrobatics though.

I'm not too sure about Suiryu's footwork giving him Statistics Amplification since footwork is generally important for martial arts as far as I know and Lin Lin's statement gives me the impression of being based on that. There is also the fact that she doesn't phrase it as every step increasing his power and instead emphasizes with her statement how a single step-in can increase the weight of a blow which doesn't exactly claim that the effects of each step-in stack on each other. That being said, said footwork being quite excessive and involving a fair amount of steps with Suiryu going all out against Saitama could indeed support that to some degree but as I already said earlier I'm not entirely sure about that.
Personally I just feel that due to his footwork being specifically emphasised in this scene (and a heavier blow being technically a more stronger blow) that it should count as some sort of power boost for that specific punch but you do make fair arguments.
Tiger Fist and Phoenix Fist doing more damage than unnamed strikes is rather natural for specifically named techniques. That seems more like a matter of specific maneuvers being better for drawing out and utilizing the already present strength of his body than him temporarily increasing his strength to me. It's generally possible to deal varying amounts of damage to an opponent based on where and how you strike them after all. I do agree with Acrobatics though.
Fair.

Yeah, I agree with what others have said on the stepping. It isn’t saying that it gets stronger with each step, just that a blow delivered while stepping is stronger than a regular one. It’s the same as saying that someone puts their body weight behind their punches or uses momentum.

Agreed on acrobatics.

Void Shaking Tiger Fist is Damage Boost, not Stats Amp.

I'm not sure about the other two, it may just be the fact that Suiryu used more effort or just landed a clean hit.

Acrobatics is good.

Void Shaking Tiger Fist is Damage Boost, not Stats Amp.

I'm not sure about the other two, it may just be the fact that Suiryu used more effort or just landed a clean hit.

Acrobatics is good.
I just changed it, does it look better now?

I think Damage Boost works for all moves shown here imo, at least limited. Even if it's through footwork, increasing the strength behind your blows is fairly noteworthy imo

I think Damage Boost works for all moves shown here imo, at least limited. Even if it's through footwork, increasing the strength behind your blows is fairly noteworthy imo
I'm not sure about that since proper footwork is a staple for martial arts. Unless the effect for the attacks is really notable and beyond what would usually be considered a reasonable degree of improvement compared to before you may as well start giving real life martial artists Damage Boost for the same reason.

Eh, why not? Several rl techniques can qualify for Damage Reduction, so I'm not opposed to that.

We don't really have pages for real life martial artists so that's a "maybe", I'm not 100% sure but personally I'd be fine with it.

I'm agree, Suiryu literally just giving more Strength of his Footwork for the Stance of his "Void Fist Shaking tiger fist" to giving more damage

I don't know that Suiryu was don't go all out releasing all of his strength, and the Footwork was the process of him giving more of his strength until the limit. Or there's a step in Void fist that give you more damage of each steps

But in the RL, it was common tho in Martial arts that Footwork in martial arts/combat sports was the involves of keeping balance, closing or furthering the distance, controlling spatial positioning, and creating additional momentum for strikes/attacks

Is anyone going to add Acrobatics to Suiryu's profile since that has been approved?

Well, since Suiryu's profile isn't protected I could probably just add Acrobatics to it myself.

Is anything going to be done about the other suggested changes or is that it?

Back