• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v14

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can, it's just that there's no new information or arguments offered.

It says that he's lightspeed in the data book and he has a move called Lightspeed Flash. Genos can dodge a laser, making him relativisitic and he was on par with base form Garou. When Flash fought Awakened Garou, Garou said that if he fought him without his Awakened form, it would have ended badly for him. Keep in mind that you need to be 10 times faster or more to blitz someone and 10 times faster than relativisitc speed is light speed or higher. Garou was also surprised by him using Flowing Shadow Feet, even him not knowing that he could go even faster.

In conclusion, I think that Flash's speed should be at least FTL, possibly higher, as we don't know his fastest speed when he uses Flowing Shadow Feet yet.

• He has no moves called the Lightspeed Flash. Or Lightspeed anything actually
  • G4's lasers aren't considered realistic enough for a SoL rating
  • The 10x blitz thing does not apply to in-universe upscaling. Only verse matches
  • The databook in Japanese says he arrives in the nick of time. Not faster than light

"The lone swordsman who achieves victory at the speed of light! He is so quick to wield his beloved sword, Shunsatsumaru , that he doesn't even give the enemy a chance to notice him !! Insightful with his sharp eyes, he is one of the most prominent calm figures in the S class.".

I did a whole rundown of it on this thread, do you want me to post it again for you so it's easier for you to find it?

• His moves being called Flash X is not evidence of lightspeed
  • Lightning isn't light speed, but the photons generated from the electric bursts are
  • I know the translation, it s just not enough for a FTL rating without greater evidence. Especially since it may not even be the right Translation

I mean, iIrc, it was ONE himself who wrote that, so you're saying that ONE was lying or just got it wrong. It's not lightning, it's light. Flash doesn't have lightning powers.

Madotsuki24 said:
I mean, iIrc, it was ONE himself who wrote that, so you're saying that ONE was lying or just got it wrong. It's not lightning, it's light. Flash doesn't have lightning powers.
Lightspeed is a common hyperbole. Unless it is very clear that it was meant in a literal manner instead of just expressing that he is very fast, you need more evidence than just a statement.

The flash of light itself is obviously lightspeed, but that doesn't mean Flashy's slash moves that fast. All its doing is reflecting light off its surface. If anything that would suggest its definately moving slower than light since the slash is moving slow enough for the photons to catch up to it and bounce off its surface.

I'm...fairly certain I mentioned this already.

Madotsuki24 said:
ONE had Flashy be mach 8 with his Flashy attacks. He didn't get serious speed until the manga. An attack name isn't solid evidence in of itself for a FTL upgrade.

If you mean the datatbook then ONE didn't write it, just endorsed it and the translstion may be wrong.

SuperAPM said:
What even is Rover's durability rating right now? Apologies if I've somehow missed a CRT somewhere, but
"Survived a casual punch from Saitama when Gouketsu could not."

Y'all realize Saitama struck Gouketsu with intent to kill whilst holding back deliberately against Rover right? How is there a scaling chain here exactly?
I'm still waiting for an explanation on this by the way.

The Flashy thing I don't really care about, however, Imade's translation completely ignores the Speed Kanji, so I prefer to rely on physical translation.

About Lightning Max, it is said that its speed makes it look like lightning, in addition, we have another quote of its speed living up to the name of lightning, this should at least because of its attack speed in Massively Hypersonic +.

so I prefer to rely on physical translation

The portugese translation still gets other stuff in the guidebook erong, such as Beefcake's height. So I don't know why we should automatically take it over other translations. Especially when we use oir translations for the Anime databook and manga databook in regards to the CSRC.

About Lightning Max, it is said that its speed makes it look like lightning, in addition, we have another quote of its speed living up to the name of lightning, this should at least because of its attack speed in Massively Hypersonic +.

Not only does Max still only use gunpowder to increase his kick speed, him being mach 1,280 would be a massive outlier when vastly superior characters are slower than that.

I would not say that it is a translation error, but that of the writer, since they simply added a comma in the thing, but that does not disqualify anything.

It would not be a mistake, the characters you mentioned would simply be superior to him, in addition, the calc of Atomic Samurai needs to be redone and the result is 4x greater than Mach 1200

Madotsuki24 said:
Genos is slower than mach 1,280, okay OPM downplayer, get out.
Well, that's pretty much what Genos' current ratings say.

I mean, yeah. At least for now his best feat is being scaled to a feat like 25% worse than that. Lightning Max just doesn't have the supporting evidence for me to not see that as anymore than a hyperbolic statement written from a in-universe propaganda book about HA members.

Genos can now fight Dragon level threats and Deep Sea King was only a demon level threat. An average Dragon level threat takes about 3 S-Class heroes to defeat, so he should definitely be at least faster than a good portion of the S-Class heroes.

Genos got his body wrecked by a Demon level threat in one of the latest webcomic chapters. It's why we removed his previous 7-B key since there wasn't evidence for it, just his statement that was later contradicted.

Then they scale to him. You don't scale down, you scale up. What demon level threat were you talking about? Because in the latest chapter, it was off-screen he defeated them and iIrc, there were three of them and even S-Class heroes have trouble dealing with demon level threats. Metal Bat is 7-B and base form Garou defeated him and Genos could defeat him, yes, he was weakened, but Garou had so much determination that he was practically no weaker than his non-injured state.

Then they scale to him. You don't scale down, you scale up.

No, you scale reasonably and in a justifiable way. If we scaled based on whatever you could easily chain scale everyone to Atomic Samurai and to Genos' mountain feat. Even if they have absolutely no right to scale such as Mizuki or One Shotter.

What demon level threat were you talking about? Because in the latest chapter, it was off-screen he defeated them and iIrc, there were three of them and even S-Class heroes have trouble dealing with demon level threats

Genos fought one demon level threar off screen, not the three keyboard warriors. Fighting one demon level threat and getting wrecked contradicts his Dragon level statement, since the weakest Dragon is better than the strongest Demon.

Metal Bat is 7-B and base form Garou defeated him and Genos could defeat him, yes, he was weakened,

Metal Bat has 7-B stuff because of Carnage Kabuto. Genos was two shot 52 or 54 times in a row, while MB lasted three minutes against bim in Carnage Mode.

As for Garou vs Genos, not only was he weakened for that entire fight he directly said Tanktop Master was slightly stronger than Genos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back