• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It isn't omniscient, it's just scanning stuff real artists have done and pumping stuff out. There's no emotion in it.

Art is a medium for communication, and it's not communicating anything.
We are also not omniscient either, no one starts all knowing, eveyone learns with time.
and how there IS "no emotion"alot of them actually generate emotion in people, and again, art IS subjective, not objective, It is not like math, how can you decide how art should be?

We are also not omniscient either, no one starts all knowing, eveyone learns with time.
Learning is different than just chopping up actual art and gluing it back together. Although, even that takes more talent than typing in a prompt.
and how there IS "no emotion"alot of them actually generate emotion in people, and again, art IS subjective, not objective, It is not like math.
You can't ask why an algorithm made choices, because it didn't make any. Something making people feel emotions doesn't make it art. Look at a mountain. Is that art?

Learning is different than just chopping up actual art and gluing it back together. Although, even that takes more talent than typing in a prompt.

You can't ask why an algorithm made choices, because it didn't make any. Something making people feel emotions doesn't make it art. Look at a mountain. Is that art?
1.that also exists and IS another form of art (you take images from somewhere, cut them and use something to mash them Up)but the AI does not do that.
2.like i say, art IS subjective, even if you don't like It, some people consider nature itself to be a Big piece of art.

1.that also exists and IS another form of art (you take images from somewhere, cut them and use something to mash them Up)but the AI does not do that?
It literally isn't creating anything, though. The algorithm takes other people's art and filters it into some other shit. Art requires, by definition, the application of creative skill.
2.like i say, art IS subjective, even if you don't like It, some people consider nature itself to be a Big piece of art.
Yes, and they're wrong. Art is subjective, but that doesn't mean literally anything is art.

It literally isn't creating anything, though. The algorithm takes other people's art and filters it into some other shit. Art requires, by definition, the application of creative skill.

Yes, and they're wrong. Art is subjective, but that doesn't mean literally anything is art.
1.the baby in ashes IS also taken from another person art?Who on the godamn world Will have that?also in create, yes IS creating.
2.anyway, again why can't AI be considered art?and don't say "stealing"It does not steal, people Who say It steals probably also do fan art of content they don't own (one punch man fan art)

1.the baby in ashes IS also taken from another person art?Who on the godamn world Will have that?also in create, yes IS creating.
2.anyway, again why can't AI be considered art?and don't say "stealing"It does not steal, people Who say It steals probably also do fan art of content they don't own (one punch man fan art)
If it can't think, it cannot express a creative thought process.

If you unironically think ChatGPT is sentient, I see no point in continuing this conversation.
No, i just want to know why do you think being sentient is required to made art, for my understanding, we are just a bunch of cells that are not self aware of themselfs, and a bunch of moléculas that form a complex structure called "Life"

No, i just want to know why do you think being sentient is required to made art
Because it requires creative thought. Which requires you to think. Frankly, I think we should stop clogging up the discussion thread, because none of this is going to change anything.

That does not change the fact that in Australia there are 48 million kangaroos and in Uruguay there are 3,457,380 inhabitants. so if the kangaroos decide to invade Uruguay, each Uruguayan will have to fight 14 kangaroos.

Wow this conversation sure has a lot to do with the adventures of Caped Baldy from the popular hit 2012 manga One Punch Man™
image.png

That does not change the fact that in Australia there are 48 million kangaroos and in Uruguay there are 3,457,380 inhabitants. so if the kangaroos decide to invade Uruguay, each Uruguayan will have to fight 14 kangaroos.
No one cares, they can't cross the ocean

I'm pretty sure we will have a major upgrade after the release of Season 3.
Tho I'm still bothered by someone who scaled to it without having any connections to it.

Back