• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v7

Status
Not open for further replies.
ONE confirmed that Tatsu is not strong enough to take down Boros's ship.

Boros, who's obviously far above Tatsu, needs the entirety of his energy to destroy the surface. (Or the Earth going by the anime, but still)

Tatsu is not a casual planetbuster.

Murata is the one who confirmed the ship thing when he was talking about how the anime misinterpreted what ONE wanted with the Ancient King.

He's saying how ONE felt about it though. So ONE doesn't think she can take the ship down. Which obviously she can't, or else there'd be no reason why she wouldn't have.

Ryukama said:
He's saying how ONE felt about it though. So ONE doesn't think she can take the ship down. Which obviously she can't, or else there'd be no reason why she wouldn't have.
There were still tons of survivors on the ground along with the S-Class heroes, so even if she could have done it, she wouldn't have.

Ryukama said:
ONE confirmed that Tatsu is not strong enough to take down Boros's ship.
Boros, who's obviously far above Tatsu, needs the entirety of his energy to destroy the surface. (Or the Earth going by the anime, but still)

Tatsu is not a casual planetbuster.
When does ONE confirmed it?

Ryope said:
When does ONE confirmed it?
https://onepunchman.fandom.com/wiki/Interviews/Stream_Q/A_4#27.2F1.2F2018

"Murata: The animation team misinterpreted ONE's intentions when animating the Ancient King fight. ONE only wanted Tatsumaki to drop a big boulder on Ancient King. Before the boulder hits him, Ancient King has a flashback of the meteor that destroyed his race eons ago and starts to scream. She was not supposed to pull a meteor from space, if she could do that, she should be able to bring down Boros' ship without difficulty."

It's technically Murata saying it but he's speaking about what ONE's intentions were and why they were that way. So it should be treated as ONE's thoughts on the matter.

Maybe Boros' ship is just that heavy. Given her feats of lifting the entirety of the MA base out of the ground or Murata's statements of being able lift City Z with ease, it clearly wasn't an issue of size.

boros' ship has that core thing that probably prevents the ship from being pulled down like that. once the core broke the ship immediately collapsed and fell onto the city.

God, I'm drunk. I hope to god my sister and her boyfriend can be happy!

Edit: (I'm so sorry I derailed this thread. I'm so happy!)

do you guys think the beefcake feat should be recalced? i just noticed that the calc uses 300 meters for the diameter of the hole that beefcake made, but according to the databook the hole was 100 meters in diameter.

Didn't Saitama's moon jump only make a small crater on the ship, while Boros melts giant chunks of said ship all the time?

That's explicitly where Boros's physical body gets his High 6-A rating. Logically it'd also make his second form High 6-A as well

SuperAPM said:
Maybe Boros' ship is just that heavy.
1. If the ship was so heavy a casual planetbuster couldn't budge it, then the sheer gravity that thing would have obliterated Earth.

2. Saitama's moon jump which is Multi-Continental could significantly bring it down. So there's no reason a casual planet buster couldn't at least budge it.

3. Boros can do significant damage to his ship that you are suggesting can tank casual planetbusters. Which would mean his regular attacks > CSRC which is nonsense.

Tatsumaki just isn't casual a planetbuster. There's no excuses to make such scaling make sense.

Her doesn;t say she can't do it "period", he says she can't do it "without difficulty". Phrasing can make or break this statement. It means she can't do it casually like she normally does. That to me implies she can do it, only it requires high difficulty from her.

I know, i know.

I'm just saying that there should be calcs based on how much Saitama's moon jump did, in volume, to Boros' ship, then we'd have the j/cc for the material the ship is and Boros would scale to doing more than Saitama did, bringing him deeper into High 6-A.

Ryukama

Umm.....I haven't the faintest clue what made you think I was arguing in favor of a planet level Tatsumaki.

The only thing I was referring to was the Anime only scene in which she casually plucks a meteor out from space; It seemed to be no more impressive than her feat of easily pulling the entire MA base out of the ground or Murata's own statement of her being able to casually lift City Z. If Tats was unable to drop, lift or even move Boros' ship inspite of being able to do so to an area that greatly dwarfed said ship (i.e. an entire city), then it must have incredibly heavy.

Absolutely nothing to do with scaling to a non canon feat from a completely different verse.

KGiffoni said:
I know, i know.
I'm just saying that there should be calcs based on how much Saitama's moon jump did, in volume, to Boros' ship, then we'd have the j/cc for the material the ship is and Boros would scale to doing more than Saitama did, bringing him deeper into High 6-A.
Would this be calc stacking?

No. AFAIK, Calc stalking would be taking one feat and applying its results onto a completely different scene that has nothing to do with said aforementioned feat. Something like this. But since Boros breaking up his ship happened in the exact same fight sequence where Saitama performed his moon jump, it shouldn't be an issue.

Granted, I have no idea how to get a specific value above 23 Petatons solely based on the size of the destrutcion.

Saitama does a small crater on the ship with the 23 petatons, Boros melts bigger chunks all the time. We get the j/cc energy of the material the ship is done by the first feat and apply it in the second feat with the volume of the chunks he melts.

Lightbuster30 said:
Her doesn;t say she can't do it "period", he says she can't do it "without difficulty". Phrasing can make or break this statement. It means she can't do it casually like she normally does. That to me implies she can do it, only it requires high difficulty from her.
If she could've taken it down, she would've. The entire objective was for them to take down that ship. That's why they were trying to attack it. That's why the S-Class congratulated her when they thought she took it down. (And if hurting the other heroes via collateral damage was a factor to her, then she wouldn't have ripped out the MA base or dropped a building on the other heroes telling them to handle it themselves.)

The statement is meant to point out why that if she could actually bring down a meteor from space, then she could easily have done the thing that she was unable to. Not that she can take down the ship.

Even then, a casual planetbuster does not require high difficulty to take down the ship.

SuperAPM said:
KGiffoni Think you can do a calc for that? Here are a few points of reference:
Saitama's Crater

One

Two

Three .2

Four

Five
Sure, i might attempt that later today on place of the seafolk calc, i feel like this is easier and more important.

btw i think 2, 3, 4 and 5 aren't usable since there are no reference points but i could be wrong.

I can't remember what the size of Boros' ship is supposed to be, if it has indeed been stated. But you can probably scale this explosion to the ship itself

Meh, ended up being calc stacking. What a shame.

Still, was a good calc practice, so no worries.

I was not expecting results like that from just breaking a single pillar. What on Earth would that explosion elicit?

SuperAPM said:
I was not expecting results like that from just breaking a single pillar. What on Earth would that explosion elicit?
God knows. Possibly planetary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back