• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v6

Status
Not open for further replies.
KGiffoni said:
I'm refering to Garou before awakening, but after his fight with DS.
GoldenSpermgetshurtbyGarou
The Garou who did this is the same who couldn't give visible damage to Darkshine. I should have made the moments i was refering to more specific. I don't see a reason why this can't be applied.

Was it clear that this Garou was using the same amount of force against Darkshine as he did against Golden Sperm? As I recall Garou was taking it easy against all the heroes, Garou only uses enough force to incapacitate his foes.

i hope we get another databook focused on the monster association when the arc is over.

Info on how the cadres scale to each other and the size of their base would be gold.

SuperAPM said:
Was it clear that this Garou was using the same amount of force against Darkshine as he did against Golden Sperm? As I recall Garou was taking it easy against all the heroes, Garou only uses enough force to incapacitate his foes.
Yes, he definitly was using 100% of his strenght on both.

I'm not refering to Garou's second fight with Darkshine, i'm refering to the first one, where Garou wasn't awakened and clearly didn't hold back even because before said fight Darkshine was way stronger than Garou (almost one-shot him). I'm on a smartphone rn with shitty internet, so uploading images is tricky. I can guarantee you he wasn't holding back against Darkshine and neither was him with that punch to the face of Golden Sperm.

Garou Post-Darkshine couldn't hurt Darkshine, but could give very decent damage against Golden Sperm, who has High 6-C durability. Garou only won against Darkshine by exploiting Darkshine's weak mindset. This is supported by the fact Darkshine got out of the fight with no visible damage and had an existencial crisis after it.
Screenshot 2019-09-27-11-53-26-832 com.zn.imanga2
Screenshot 2019-09-27-12-06-41-176 com.zn.imanga2

I'm gonna have to reread the Webcomic later to fully verify that everythings in order, I recall Garou's initial fight against Darkshine happened before his fight with Golden Sperm, and after that, he obviously held back against the rest of the heroes due to growing so powerful.

You're right. His fight with Darkshine is before his fight with GS. However, from start to finish of his fight against DS (half-monster to peak half-monster) we see no visible damage done to Darkshine.

How can you verify that Garou was as powerful against Darkshine as he was against Golden sperm if his power was constantly rising at that point?

You're assuming that Garou was exactly as powerful against Darkshine as he was against GS when there's very little indication of that. You're talking about a Garou that started that fight at 7-A, but then immediatly jumped up to High 6-C like that? Such a jump in power doesn't happen until he's fully awakened.

There are literally no signs on the entire manga, webcomic and anime that even come close to indicate that Garou's RE is passive and that it's always happening. It was clearly shown to only happen in the middle of fights, and there are no fights with Garou between his fight with DS and his fight with GS.

Because

• Garou holds back on heroes
  • Garou's power was constantly increasing between his limited breaking and awakening
  • Darkshine training with Bang isn't a 7-A feat
So in order to get to High 6-C you have to make the assumption that the man who doesn't kill humans was going at another human to same degree that he was against a monster after an unknown period of time with increasing power. It's just a assumption that he should be that durable.

I'll awnser you once i get home. Large walls of text get very tiring when on a cellphone.

Qawsedf234 said:
Because
  • Garou holds back on heroes
  • Garou's power was constantly increasing between his limited breaking and awakening
  • Darkshine training with Bang isn't a 7-A feat
So in order to get to High 6-C you have to make the assumption that the man who doesn't kill humans was going at another human to same degree that he was against a monster after an unknown period of time with increasing power. It's just a assumption that he should be that durable.
Alright, i think i can properly respond now that i'm home.

Garou holds back on heroes. He holds back just enough to not kill them, but he surely goes all-out, specially if fighting someone who is stronger than themselves (such as Darkshine when they first encountered). And Darkshine specifies that Garou was getting stronger and faster as he fought with him, so that supports the fact he was very serious.

Garou's power was constantly increasing between his fight with Darkshine and his fight with GS. How can you support this statement? Garou's RE has only been shown to happen in near-death situations, and that's not the case here where he's just roaming around.

Darkshine sparring with Bang isn't a 7-A feat. Again, that's more of a supportive feat. The "i didn't receive any serious injuries" statement by Darkshine is vague. Not receiving serious injuries =//= receiving injuries. Darkshine stated he had fallen to the ground lots of times, but it's pretty clear that it only happened via an extreme H2H combat experience advantage Bang has. Darkshine also stated he "forced" Bang to do the sparring, so it probably wasn't a casual one, specially since Darkshine wanted it so he could know how martial arts work.

"Garou's RE has never been show to happen passively while he's not in a fight. I think that's pretty clear"

Pretty sure he evolved while lying on the ground after being sliced by Ripper

Andytrenom said:
"Garou's RE has never been show to happen passively while he's not in a fight. I think that's pretty clear"
Pretty sure he evolved while lying on the ground after being sliced by Ripper
But this is different. In this case, he passes through a near-death situation, what ables for him to evolve. After his fight with Darkshine, the same doesn't happen again until his fight with GS.

Yeah but you claimed he only evolves in the process of a fight and this goes against that

You're right. He evolves in a "near-death situation". That includes fights but isn't limited to them. Comment is edited but the point still stands.

Garou felt like he was about to die after he overcame Darkshine and he briefly fainted.

That leads me to believe he got another boost there.

Garou holds back on heroes. He holds back just enough to not kill them, but he surely goes all-out, specially if fighting someone who is stronger than themselves (such as Darkshine when they first encountered). And Darkshine specifies that Garou was getting stronger and faster as he fought with him, so that supports the fact he was very serious.

None of that supports giving Darkshine a "possibly High 6-C" rating. He was beaten in the same way Awakened Garou beat him. Unless he gets more supporting stuff in the manga I wouldn't approve of such a rating, at least Flashy Flash has a definitive statement backing his suggested upgrade. Garou just doesn't go all out on humans, the narration in the fight clarified his limiter was breaking and his power was constantly increasing, and Darkshine was slowly overwhelmed rather than immediately.

Btw, can't we calc an approximate for the MA HQ's size based on the fact it takes FF some panels to explore it? I'm sure it'd wield great results, would that be allowed?

Probably not, Flash can move at least 17% the speed of light which is enough speed to circle the earth in a couple dozen seconds (I think, someone tell me the exact values for that), which'd either mean the base is astoundingly larger than we thought, or he was simply travelling at cruising speeds, which is probably unquantifiable to find exactly.

Tetsucabrah said:
Atomic Samurai should be 7-A for being one of the heroes Darkshine said would've beaten half monster Garou and for his improved performance vs Black Sperm.
Evil Natural Water should be 7-A for piercing Sweet Mask with its beams and for being something even Psykos has trouble controlling, as well as one of the most highly regarded Cadres.
Still proposing this.

Dunno, by the same logic Darkshine and Tatsumaki are in equal footing and that's simply not true. Or it could be, dunno.

Agree with ENW tho.

I mean, he said so refering to the Garou who he almost one-shot. Not to the one who completly overpowered him.

Tetsucabrah said:
It's not even remotely the same.
Garou was 7-A when he fought Darkshine. Darkshine said he would've lost to Atomic.
Why isn't it the same?

However i do agree with AS scaling to HM Garou, sorry.

What is there even to suggest Tatsumaki and Darkshine are on the same footing other than him boasting about himself being the third strongest after King and her? Which might I add, doesn't even imply he's on her level. He's outright saying she's above him even while boasting about his own strength,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back