• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Street Fighter Upgrades

This is Street Fighter IV: The Ties That Bind, this movie is not canon to the main series.

BrainSWord74 said:
Capcom stated SFIV The Ties That Bind, SSFIV Juri OVA and SF4 Aftermath are all canon.
Yes, SSFIV Juri OVA and SF4 Aftermath are canon, but SFIV The Ties That Bind is not canon for two major reasons, the first is from Here (Street Fighter IV: The Ties That Bind is an animated Non-Canonical movie directed by Jiro Kanai.) and the second is that Ryu did not fought and defeated Seth.

Actually the wiki can be edited by the users, unlike my information which I got by reading the official manual books and playing all the SF games. Also, this takes place before SF4, so, it doesn't contradict the canon that Ryu fought and defeated Seth. In SF4, Ryu defeats a clone of Seth.

No, that movie has too many contradictions with the main canon and i don't want to put Seth Durability at least Small Island level because he survived an Haduken from Power of Nothingness Ryu, also you've got to link the source for this confirmation in the manual books for clarification.

I didn't notice any contradictions (because it doesn't have them), and strugler had a lot of interviews with Capcom since when SF4 was announced, and Capcom said to him that SF4 Aftermath, SF4 TTTT and SSF4 Juri OVA are all canon with no exceptions. They are all made by the same people for the same game.

You must link the source of this confirmation and then wait for all the staff to accept the major upgrades.

Depending on who took shots, this could very well be an outlier. If it were people on the top tiers, then sure. But people like Blanka, Cammy, or Sakura? Or even Ken? No. Because they all are hurt by base Ryu. A form like this should decimate them. It's all probably explained in the video, but I am way too tired to click that.

So, everyone will be upgraded to Country level and the remaining God Tiers to Continent level.

Not everyone, just everyone who scales to Psycho-Powered Cammy, not regular Cammy (regular Cammy can't even destroy a mountain, let alone country).

I don't mind. If the other staff members are good with it, then it should be implemented. I think people who have little connection to the main story like Blanka should stay where they are though. Though that's just me, and I could be very wrong.

Chars who would scale to Psycho-Powered Cammy:

Bison (because he is the Master of the Psycho Power), Base Ryu, Dhalsim, Gen, Guy, SF4 Feng Shui Engine Juri (she is much weaker in SF5), Twelve, Nash, 1-armed Oro, Base Akuma (he bodied Bison in Alpha 3), Monstrous Necalli (transformed Necalli / V-Trigger state) and possibly Q, but not much is known about him.

Chars who would scale to Shin Akuma:

Hado Kakusei Ryu, Gouken at his peak, non-holding back Cody without the cuffs on, Unleashed Evil Ryu from SF4, Oni, Oro with both arms, Urien, Gill.

BrainSWord74 said:
Bison (because he is the Master of the Psycho Power), Base Ryu, Dhalsim, Gen, Guy, SF4 Feng Shui Engine Juri (she is much weaker in SF5), Twelve, Nash, 1-armed Oro, Base Akuma (he bodied Bison in Alpha 3), Monstrous Necalli (transformed Necalli / V-Trigger state) and possibly Q, but not much is known about him.

Hado Kakusei Ryu, Gouken at his peak, non-holding back Cody without the cuffs on, Unleashed Evil Ryu from SF4, Oni, Oro with both arms, Urien, Gill.
What about Seth?.

Dark649 said:
BrainSWord74 said:

What about Seth?.
He would possibly scale to Psycho-Powered Cammy, but only if it is the Original Seth from the SF4 The Ties That Bind movie, because his clones are the punching bags for everyone.

Hold up how does the Akuma feat count as canon, I'm very sure that feat comes from the street fighter capcom revolution comic, which iirc is noncanon. A Capcom mentioning the feat is not enough to validate its canonicity, unless someone gives me more evidence on why it is canon and how it fits into the SF timeline than I must decline agreeing with it.

As for country level cammy, I'm a bit iffy and neutral on the subject. On one hand I honestly think this might be a case of hyperbole, seeing as m bison is known to gloat about the strength of psycho power, considering also that no feat from either character has ever come close to that level of strength. I'd rather wait to hear what dark or Matt has to say about this. So for now I'm disagreeing with both until further evidence points to it being more concrete.

Grudgeman1706 said:
Hold up how does the Akuma feat count as canon, I'm very sure that feat comes from the street fighter capcom revolution comic, which iirc is noncanon. A Capcom mentioning the feat is not enough to validate its canonicity, unless someone gives me more evidence on why it is canon and how it fits into the SF timeline than I must decline agreeing with it.
I know it is non-canon, but Capcom were using it in the official video to prove how strong is Akuma without even transfoming into Oni. And speaking of country level Cammy, it wasn't just Bison's hyperbole, this statement was approved by the scientists who were involved in this project.

@brainSword74, I see no mentioning of scientist speaking in that ending or approval, all I see is bison saying project M was a success.

And once more that video isn't a good source to prove the canonicity of thst comic. For example they said one was the strongest street fighter which is correct, however in the canon storyline one doesn't even exist(yet) nor do they even admit that the video is a official list of who's strongest.

You can rewatch the top 10 list, the guy specially says this video isn't actually an official countdown(0:20), just a speculation of who stands a chance at who's the strongest. So no I don't think we can use shin Akumas meteor feat at all.

As for cammys feat, I'm starting to lean on the side that says its hyperbole or an outlier.

I can understand if Bison said something like "Now she can destroy the world with the Psycho Power", but he just said an entire country, it wasn't an exagerration, and even Bison himself feared Cammy would take over the Psycho Drive when she became self aware (because Cammy had the potential to manipulate it). So, she had the very big potential.

That is because they introduced Oni in SSF4 and was a separate character, so they already had to mention him. And maybe this is their opinion, but this is still the official top and they only use the trustful information.

I'm with BSW on this. We accept things like ONE saying that Garou would be a good fight for Boros even though the former has no feats on his level, and would never meet. An official tier list (for story. Not gameplay) wouldn't be that far fetched to accept.

@BrainSword74 saying country instead of world doesn't change the fact that it's an outlier for being the biggest fear that any character has ever displayed. Especially since it's cammy someone not even a god tier.

And again theirs nothing official about the list, even they themselves said that nothing about the list is official. They didn't even put evil Ryu in the top 5 list(someone who actually defeated shin Akuma in his ending) So the use of shin Akumas non canon feat is not possible.

The real cal howard said:
I'm with BSW on this. We accept things like ONE saying that Garou would be a good fight for Boros even though the former has no feats on his level, and would never meet. An official tier list (for story. Not gameplay) wouldn't be that far fetched to accept.
Howard the list isn't official at all, the guy in the capcom video himself even stated this isn't official at all, he only said these 5 guys would contend for worlds strongest, they didn't even mention evil Ryu, or full powered Cody, lots of things are missing and it's all speculated.

Unlike Garou and boros which actually make sense because garou was able to actually take on Saitama so naturally taking on Boros would be a good fight and both would be on somewhat equal grounds. And again this is coming straight from the horses mouth(the horse being ONE.)

Unlike street fighter right now, which isn't a direct statement from capcom saying this all 100% confirm or canon, So this is not changing the fact that Akumas meteor feat is non canon and just because a speculated UNoffcial(yes once more he says this isn't official list but just speculation) mentions it.

The Meteor Feat comes from a crossover with 2-C feats. Stop using it. Also, that video is not a canon evidence, it's just helpful to show the opinion of some Capcom Staff (Who don't even work on the games directly) on the powers of SF Chars. The characters they placed make sense and fit, that's all.

Also, Cammy destroying a country refes to her being used as a weapon against armies and the like. Cammy is powerful enough to invade a country and defeat all their armies and lay waste to it by herself. It does not mean that Cammy can punch a county to smitherins.

Yeah. Capcom Fighting Evolution. The plot is that Pyron merged the universes of various Capcom Series and then they fight.

Well, in Alpha 2 Akuma one shoted the small island in base form, overpowered Alpha Bison in Alpha 3 and he is much stronger in SF4, let alone SF3 where he fights Oro evenly. So, it seems legit that he can destroy that meteor in his Shin form. And I'm not saying Psycho-Powered Cammy can destroy a country in seconds just by punching the ground, I mean she can do it barely with the Psycho Power and it will take her some time. And I doubt it was a reference to the army, they were just talking about the power of Cammy and what she would be able to do.

Also, the reason why Bison hasn't destroyed a country is because his Psycho Power, despite being very powerful, is very limited. So, he would end up destroying himself as well.

You are using speculation, theorizing and the idea that simply because a weaker form has a casual High 7-A feat, you can push him to higher-ends.

Back