• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember finding some old stuff on Internet Archive, I should take another look.

Also, if Matt has the full guide it could be useful, but I'd prefer to look for and discuss this stuff once we finish the CRT, so I can apply everything.

The other thing i can add is at least for akuma his range is possible since he did punch an island until it sank in alpha 2 or his ending in 2nd impact where kongou kuretsuzan spread through the ayers rock but for projectiles yeah i can see that. The LS makes sense.

I guess we can keep Q by virtue of that but its weird so rip.

The assorted stuff other than the akuma one i mentioned seems fine.

Uh, I didn't know destruction of stuff through punches applied to range.

Should it be range via vibration manipulation or something? As he can't punch and kick the air to reach far enemies, but can still spread the force on surfaces.

Last edited:
I've seen it added to some profiles but it's not a universal thing, definitely should specify it's through shockwaves or whatever tho

You mean destruction capacity?

This would scale only to Akuma and would be applicable only to him punching a surface and spreading the energy through it, he would still have standard melee range normally and wouldn't reach anyone by punching the air or such.

I think that, realistically speaking, someone wouldn't be able to cause so much destruction without the ability to spread the force of their punches. Like, normally a 5-B character could punch the ground and just vaporize an area around his fist, but not cause the planet to crumble, unless they have the ability to spread the impact.
At least this is what I got.

@DarkDragonMedeus and @Armorchompy know this better than me.

It's kind of the opposite, you're right that not all the force would go to the planet but I'm fairly sure any sort of attack thrown at that strength would cause incredible amounts of destruction, so an island-busting punch destroying an island isn't too unbelievable i think

If it's a normal consequence of him just being strong, then I'm not sure if it should be listed.

I mean, most characters don't show this level of range, so maybe? Idk, if he doesn't use it in combat we probably don't need to

Yeah, it's common in fiction that plenty of characters have the energy to destroy, but are unable to spread it into wide AoE. Which while that doesn't exactly follow the laws of physics; it's still the way fiction portrays superhuman striking strength or Ki blasts; but man made explosives and what not are the opposite.

Then, would it be worthy to note that Akuma can perform AoE destruction with his punches, or is it just a natural consequence?

Considering the punch was nuking the island, it would naturally be considered the shockwave of his punch also covered the island; so his range via shockwave would scale from his AP in that instance yes.

Thank you, with this we are done, everything as been set accondingly.

Matt seems to be ok with this, but he didn't say it specifically, should I ask him again?

Then we are done with this thread and almost totally with the stats. I'll have this closed and then I'll make the quick one for the new city-busting calc to replace the previous result.

Thanks everyone for helping and giving their opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back