• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stranger Threads: Minor Eleven Upgrade

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Warning. This will contain spoilers for Stranger Things 2.

So currently, Eleve's powers are given a rating of 9-B due to casually flipping a truck. She also killed a Demogorgon (ones that hadn't fully reached maturity still managed to do things such as burrow through solid concrete, smash through bulletproof glass, and tear chunks out the side of a bus), but we don't have a profile for those things yet.

However, this is just taking into account her more casual psychic power, and not her full potential. In Season 1, when the kids are questioning Mr. Clarke (their science teacher) about alternate universes, during his example, he explains that it would take more power than humans are currently capable of generating in order to punch a hole through the space-time continuum and into another. Eleven has done this.

Something Eleven has also done, in the final episode of season 2, is close a hole in the space-time continuum. She also does this while the Mind Flayer is trying to break through. For those who either haven't seen the show or need reminding, the Mind Flayer is essentially the "brain" of the Upside Down, a desolate and near-lifeless parallel Earth, and is implied to be the thing that wiped out that world's human population. Despite only being able to sustain this level of power for a brief period of time, Eleven did manage to force part of this thing back.

Because of this, I think it would be important to add something along the lines of "Far higher at full power" to Eleven's tier. Even without an exact tier, both performing the feat of generating more energy than humanity is currently capable of (twice) and forcing back what amounts to a sentient, evil parallel world are both way above 9-B.

Your... Saying this is Minor. This will give her either a tier 5, 3 , or 2 upgrade... And you are saying it's... Minor ?

Anyways, i am currently watching it, so once i get the feats in question, i'll let you know,

I'm fine with this personally. "At least 9-B, likely far higher at full power" seems okay to me.

@Seed. I wouldn't be surprised if Eleven gets Tier 5 or even Tier 2 feats later on given what the series has been building up to, but for now we can't really rate her above Tier 9.

Same. For now, i feel " At least 9-B , likely far higher " is alright.

I'm watching the whole of Season 2 right now. Hopefully it becomes easier to determine it's tier as i watch this now.

I think we should have two tabs. Tab 1 is normal state and Tab 2 is Bloodlusted state. Due to her only pulling off these dimensional closing feats in bloodlust while struggling to flip a car over/move a large vehicle without Bloodlust.

Being bloodlusted doesn't mean you're stronger, just you're more willing to go all out without thinking of consequences/bound by morality. So I don't think that's needed.

I do not know very well how to classify this, but at the end of the first season she dematerialized by killing the demogorgon and materialized again in Upside Down

@Darkanine

Bloodlusted, as in to go any lengths to something. We can't label "full power" because everyone has different sets of "full power". Pre and post adrenaline rush. You could say adrenaline rush but Bloodlusted fits more.

@Dark

I wouldn't be surprised if she reaches that level either.

Hell, we already have the Mind Flayer, which is also certainly Tier 5 via sheer size alone (the entire entity, not just the "brain" portion).

Isn't The Mind Flayer only a Hive-Mind which controls The Demogorgons? I don't recall it being stated to the the brain of the entire Upside Down (As in, the planet)

Didn't Eleven closing the gate generate enough energy to power up lights around the town? (Including the car the kids were in and the lights in Hopper's house) Maybe that would merit an 8-A rating?

@Ultima

The Mind Flayer entity as we see it is sort of like a brain, but it's still the Upside Down itself (what it's become, not what it used to be). As in, the entity isn't literally the planet, but it's the roots running through the planet, all the Demogorgon creatures on it, and all the spores covering it. It's one-interconnected thing. The Duffer brothers also made it clear they wanted to introduce the Mind Flayer as the big-bad and cause of all the crazy stuff in the Upside Down in order to fully establish the threat, and not do a monster-of-the-week thing each season. Hence why we're repeatedly shown a direct connection between the Mind Flayer, the roots, and even the spores.

@Bruce

It did. Unsure of what the exact result of that would be, though.

@Azzy

Ah, that makes sense then, thanks for the explanation

just waiting for Eleven to get some weird Spatial Manipulation hax like The Mind Flayer (affecting people through visions...)

It wouldn't be 8-A I'm afraid. Theirs a calc that did that for the entirety of modern New York City (or maybe just Manhattan, I dunno) and that was only 8-A.

Darkanine said:
It wouldn't be 8-A I'm afraid. Theirs a calc that did that for the entirety of modern New York City (or maybe just Manhattan, I dunno) and that was only 8-A.
Oh, okay. It still may be far above 9-B, I think? We need a calc on that feat.

Wouldn't Eleven be able to scale from The Mind Flayer's storm creation feat? (which was calced at High 7-C to 6-C) considering she managed to overpower the thing when tapping into her full potential

Quite possibly, though my only concerns would be that she technically wasn't confronting the it directly (like Will was before he got possessed), and that the crew made it clear the Mind Flayer had no idea Eleven existed, and thus could have been taken off guard. Still, scaling to that particular feat probably wouldn't hurt.

I mean, all Will did was get possessed. He was more a pair of eyes for the Mind Flayer to spy through than anything else. Though he could still control the Demodogs.

@Seed

Eh, Will only had a small part of The Mind Flayer inside his body, so he likely isn't 5-B

Eleven should probably be "At least Large Town level / Island level, possibly far higher" if she ends up scalling to The Mind Flayer

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Anyways... How powerful are the Demodogs ?
One that had barely just reached adolescence could break straight through concrete and burrow through dozens upon dozens of meters of solid earth

Those are pretty solid feats. Would Will scale to them since he could control them or something?

Also I can see Tier 5 Eleven happening.

Not durability-wise, but possessed Will could seemingly control hordes of Demodogs from anywhere from miles away to an entirely parallel reality.

So he would be an At least Wall level-ish Glass Cannon then? It makes sense since he is still a regular human being used as a vessel for the Mind Flayer.

Also if he could control Demodogs in an entirely parallel reality then he should have Universal+ to Multi-Universal Range.

When not at full power, she should be maybe room level and class 20 or 50, as the average train car is above class 5 ranges.

Also, speaking about The Mind Flayer, should we consider the way it affected Will as some form of Spatial Manipulation / Reality Warping?

Considering Will wasn't even physically present in the Upside Down, and only saw visions of it caused by The Mind Flayer itself, yet the thing could still see and physically interact with him

I do not know very well how to classify this, but at the end of the first season she dematerialized by killing the demogorgon and materialized again in Upside Down

Damn. I always thought the Mind Flayer was only like High 8-C by virtue of size. But High 7-C? 6-C? Even 5-B? for it and Eleven?. Damn, I really underestimated Stranger Things.

Ultima Reality said:
Also, speaking about The Mind Flayer, should we consider the way it affected Will as some form of Spatial Manipulation / Reality Warping?
Considering Will wasn't even physically present in the Upside Down, and only saw visions of it caused by The Mind Flayer itself, yet the thing could still see and physically interact with him
It was most likely some form of quantum super-positioning in that instance for Will. It was like he was physically in the Upside Down and on Earth simultaneously from what we see. Will probably has gained that power from being there for so long (a week) and the creators did say being there for that long can cause changes physically and mentally.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Damn. I always thought the Mind Flayer was only like High 8-C by virtue of size. But High 7-C? 6-C? Even 5-B? for it and Eleven?. Damn, I really underestimated Stranger Things.
Appearences can be very deciving. I knew this is definitely not a universe one should screw around with if you do not want to end up as Demogorogon food, have your organs compressed into a bloody pulp, dragged into a toxic reflection of your home, possessed by the Mind Flayer, or be made into a baby machine by a vine (which I still find to be the absolute grossest thing so far in the show as it actually almost made me vomit).

Yeah, I agree, this universe definitely needs to be upped a bit. Is a lot stronger than what is posted currently. Closing mile+ long Gates/portals (Eleven) and massacring entire multi-story buildings (adolescent Demogorgons) is not something to sneeze at.

Also eleven disintegrated the demogorgon. According to a calc a friend of mine did(ill post later) that should be large building - city block

so even if we dont upgrade her by the amount that the OP is suggesting, she should be at least large building

Here are my notes and calculations for Eleven opening the gate, seeing as it was her greatest feat aside from closing it as the Mind Flayer attacked her. I went by the amount of energy Mr. Clarke was referring to (the energy production of planet earth being much lesser than the total amount needed) as below the minimum requirement. I am not sure if energy output equates to energy consumption, but I am sure it helps either way.

I also included a quote from Mr. Clarke talking to the boys about the possibility of another dimension and how one would get there. I hope it helps.

Calculations for Eleven

=============================
Total Electric Power Consumption in 1983: 1606.17 kWh (kilowatt hours)

1606.17 kWh = 5,782,212,000 joules (5.782212 × 10^9 joules in sci. notation)

1 Gram of TNT has 4184 joules.

5,782,212,000 (J)/4.184 (J/1 gram of TNT) = 1,381,981,836 grams of TNT (or 1.381981836*10^9)

(1.381981836*10^9)/(10^6 (kg of TNT)) = 1381.981836 kilogram tons

Eleven opening/closing the Gate requires several times more energy than Earth could produce in 1983, which equates to being 1.381981835564 Tons of TNT when running the joules consumed in 1983 through a converter provided by Google (joules to TNT Ton was the exact search requirement to bring up the converter).

From Stranger Things Wikia:

After Will's funeral, the boys asked Mr. Clarke about other dimensions and how to possibly travel to them. Using an acrobat and flea on a tightrope as a metaphor, he explained that inter-dimensional travel is currently impossible due to requiring a massive amount of energy that humans are not yet capable of. He then explained that, theoretically, if the energy requirements were met, it would create a tear in space-time, creating a doorway—or gate— to another dimension. When Mike asked if it was possible that such a gate already existed, Mr. Clarke responded that they would know as it would disrupt gravity, the magnetic field, the environment, and possibly "swallow them up whole."

Quote: Mr. Clarke: You guys have been thinking about Hugh Everett's Many-Worlds Interpretation, haven't you? Well, basically, there are parallel universes. Just like our world, but just infinite variations of it. Which means there's a world out there where none of this tragic stuff ever happened. Well Picture an acrobat standing on a tightrope. Now, the tightrope is our dimension. And our dimension has rules. You can move forwards, or backwards. But, what if right next to our acrobat, there is a flea? Now, the flea can also travel back and forth, just like the acrobat. Here's where things get really interesting. The flea can also travel this way along the side of the rope. He can even go underneath the rope. In this metaphor, yes, we're the acrobat. More than humans are currently capable of creating, mind you, to open up some kind of tear in time and space, and then you create a doorway. Well, if it did, I think we'd know. It would disrupt gravity, the magnetic field, our environment. Heck, it might even swallow us up whole.

From VS Battles Wikia: Atomization: Applied only if clearly stated. It describes the energy to separate all atoms in a chemical substance. The value is 30852.2 (j/cc).

Eleven was shown atomizing the Demogorgon

EDIT: I was finally able to find the height of the Demogorgon, if that is helpful. It was stated by the actor to be 7 feet tall here.

Back