• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steve (Minecraft) Minor Additions

Jinsye

She/Her
I'll be trying to add some minor things to Steve, not really game-changing though.

Limited Probability Manipulation: Fortune, Luck Of The Sea, the luck potions, etc.

Power Nullification: The blindness potion completely prevents the ability to sprint.

Ice Manipulation: Probably more, but the only one I can find right now is the Frost Walker enchantment, which turns water into ice while walking on it.'

Curse Manipulation: I'm unsure if this would fall into the 'Magic' section but there are multiple curses in the game. Both Curse Of Binding and Curse of Vanishing exist.

Are we allowed to use snapshots? I have a few more if those happen.

Blindness isn't Power Nullification so much as a Status Ailment, since sprinting is more an in-game mechanic designed to portray running vs jogging than some form of explicit power Steve possesses. By that logic, I have the "special power" of running quickly in one direction. Like, think about it- if you suddenly went blind, would you be able to coordinate yourself well enough to suddenly take off into a sprint without issue?

Frost Walker seems like pretty Limited Ice Manipulation, if that's its only application.

Other two should be just fine.

Pretty much what Perp said. Though Ice Manip should be just outright Ice Manip, no need for limited.

We should wait for the update to come out before adding any abilities of 1.3.

For blindness, I wanna bring up another thing too.

First off, Blindness isn't available to Steve to inflict. Only the (Unused) Illusioner mob can inflict it.

Secondly, Death Manipulation should likely get removed now that I think about it. While the potions of decay do exist, they aren't available canonically to Steve. Therefore, Steve can't canonically inflict it.

Steve still has limited Probability Manipulation with Luck Of The Sea, Fortune, and Looting. So he can keep that.

^If it's really only available to enemies, then... yeah, I guess that doesn't work either, unfortunately. At the very best, it'd be limited to "Real Player" or w/e that tab is supposed to be. ...kind of confusing to me, to be honest...

That said, how is it "just" Ice Manipulation, rather than limited? It only has a singular, specific utility as far as the OP described, and isn't really applicable in combat or otherwise beyond that. That's generally the sort of context we use "Limited" in.

Another (somewhat) minor thing:

I think that the Wither effect should be rated as a mix of Death + Matter manipulation, given that it can affect non-living matter and makes it wither away all the same as living matter. This would only affect the Wither, Dragon and Wither Skeleton.

@Perp Being able to freeze water at will just by walking on it seems like straightforward ice manip to me, even if it's not useable in combat.

So is Ice Manip, Limited Probability Manip, and Curse Manip fine then? Can this be added?

Pretty sure it is, because Steve can't bottle up Death Manip like he can with the Dragon's Breath.

So, I was reading the Minecraft Wiki, and I saw this...

"The cauldron in witch huts contains a random potion, making the only way to obtain potion of decay in survival."

So yeah, assuming this is correct, Decay Potions are obtainable in canon.

The bad news is I don't have Bedrock Edition myself (Only own Java Edition) so.....

tfw NPCs cheating the rules of the world yet again

Well if that's the case, it seems fine to keep it then.

Slowness and Speed (status effect) seems like Time_Acceleratio and Time_Reduction (sub-power to Time Manip though)

Haste and Mining Fatigue (status effect) is more about body enchances. (the effect was attack speed or/and maybe combat speed)

My question: What is combat speed and attack speed difference? because I'm confused tfw f*ck sense.

Combat Speed but what happen to Reaction Speed and Attack Speed but what happen to Combat Speed, because they're similar sense?

I know what Reaction and Attack Speed, but what is Combat Speed if there's reaction and attack speed?

D: I'm confused

Combat speed is your speed in general combat, like how fast you can move your weapon, how fast you can punch etc.

Attack Speed is how fast your attack moves, like says my light-speed laser has higher attack speed then my gun.

Don't quote me on this but attack speed may refer to the speed of the weapon.

For example:

I have a laser cannon. The lasers shoot at light speed. That's the attack speed of the laser cannon.

However my physical combat speed (punching and kicking) is athletic human.

I could be wrong though

I don't think the Slow/Fast potion effects are time manip. Only walking/running speed is affected, literally every other action are unaffected.

It's time manip in Story Mode though but not canon Minecraft.

Nico-v11 and Edwardtruong2006 said:
Thanks

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I don't think the Slow/Fast potion effects are time manip. Only walking/running speed is affected, literally every other action are unaffected.
It's time manip in Story Mode though but not canon Minecraft.
D: That's Player's POV and Game Mechanics because Speed potions effect doesn't affect Player's speed Reaction of your gaming because Game Mechanics. I doubt Steve's POV speed reaction is affected by Slow/Fast potion effects and very similar effect to Time_Acceleratio and Time_Reduction.

(Steve's POV) Time Reduction is same effect evidently to Higher level of Slow potions effect, and same to Time Acceleration for High level of Fast potions effect in this case because when you fall is faster than normal.

(Player's POV) Game Mechanics and your explanation actually because it doesn't affect speed reaction because it's a game.

Except that there is no reason at all to believe it's time manipulation. Pulling the game mechanic excuse only work if we have anything resembling a proof of the original argument. Which you don't have.

Also it's not just a matter of reaction speed. Jumping, falling and IIRC swimming isn't affected by the slowing. Only walking is.

Back