• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steelheart (The Rekoners) MAJOR revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major spoilers for the books

Attack Potency
In the third book, the main character, David, theorized that Steelheart isn't as strong against those who don't fear him, that being why he shoots them with their own gun. Also, Steelheart is even feared by Epics like Obliteration and Regalia, who blew up Huston and flooded New York respectively. (And by flooded new york, I mean most of the buildings are underwater). The later is even outright stated by multiple characters to be weaker than Steelheart. This is how I think the tier should be for Steelheart

Tier: Likely 9-C. At least Whatever Obliteration/Regiala's AP will be when somebody fears him.

Durability
It was implied he was going to survive a stadium wide explosion, and he's survived explosions that have leveled buildings. Not to mention most Epics are confident they can't kill him, including the likes of Obliteration

Durability: Street Level normally (Survived a bullet that fractured his skull), at least Whatever Obliteration/Regiala's AP will be against somebody who fears him

High epics are thebobes with prime immortalities, whuch make them much less of glass cannons than others.

Wouldnt he haveto have tier 7 durability for obliteration to have a reason to be concerned? Also, he resisted deathhax really early on irrc. An epic called desthpoint killed someone by pointing at them, didn't work on steelheart, this was right before the whole situation with David's dad.

Steelheart should atleast be City Block level with physical strength, It was said that he did destroy one with a fight with Ides Hatred.

I would appreciate further community input here.

What about that time David lifted that large space station at the end of Calamtiy? Shouldn't Steelheart compare, or be stronger than David at that point in time?

So, does anybody else have useful input to provide here?

I can look for quotes a bit later, I own the book.

Seeing as how Steelheart should be superior to epics like Ragalia and Obliteration, whom scale to City Level he should at least be 7-B, As well as being comparable to David, who lifted the Space Station at the end of Calamity while turning it to Steel. It is 450 Tons normally, but that's because it's made of the softest material (So I've heard), and turning it to complete steel should increase it's weight by who knows how much.

Are the rest of you able to help out here?

Yeah so I don't actually own the book anymore since I gave it to a family member. If I can find it on libgen I can see about reading it, though I got a bunch of other verses to deal with.

Antvasima said:
Are the rest of you able to help out here?
Steelheart has been stated by people in the story and if I'm right, by the government that he is the strongest epic in North America, this would mean superior to the likes of Obliteratio and Raglia, Both have shown city level feats.

Also Obliteration's Durability shouldn't be 7-B since he's commonly threatened by regular bullets, only being hard to kill due to precog and teleportation.

Okay. What are Obliteration's and Raglia's feats?

Obliteration created an explosion that destroyed Huston while Raglia flooded New York to the point that only the tops of buildings were above water.

You should try to get Obliteration's feat calculated.

The Smashor said:
Also Obliteration's Durability shouldn't be 7-B since he's commonly threatened by regular bullets, only being hard to kill due to precog and teleportation.
Well, isn't he in the middle of the explosion when it levels the city or something?

Even then, it's kind of inconsistant. Heat Absorbsion is Obliteration's main gimmick, so he might just absorb the some of the heat of the explosion. Not to mention he's been hurt and threatened by characters who definately arn't 7-B.

The Smashor said:
Even then, it's kind of inconsistant. Heat Absorbsion is Obliteration's main gimmick, so he might just absorb the some of the heat of the explosion. Not to mention he's been hurt and threatened by characters who definately arn't 7-B.
True, True. I was tired making Obliterations bio so I just thought I'd make it 7-B and get to sleep.

The Smashor said:
"In the third book, the main character, David, theorized that Steelheart isn't as strong against those who don't fear him, that being why he shoots them with their own gun. This is (Probably) backed up by the fact that David later gains Steelheart's own powers. " Might I just add to this comment to, that the weaknesses for them both are different so I'm not sure if this would apply. David loses his power when in the presence of the depths, Steelheart gets vulnerable when someone doesn't fear him.

Yeah the backed up thing is kind of dumb. But the stuff before makes sense. I'll just remove that last bit from the OP since it makes no sense.

The Smashor said:
Yeah the backed up thing is kind of dumb. But the stuff before makes sense. I'll just remove that last bit from the OP since it makes no sense.
Anyways, Obliteration is obviously City Level or City Level + in his AP regardless right?

Oh, Dang. So does this mean Steelheart would be around Mountain Level?

Edit: And does this mean I can successfully edit Obliterations profile to Mountain level as well?

Alright. I've added the stats to Obliteration's profile and made some general cleanups and improvements (Like adding lower tiers since he's not always at full power and replacing Precog with Instinctive Reaction since that's what it's closer to.)

Also, for some reason Steelheart's profile is locked.

Iirc Obliteration's teleportation is involuntary. They were able to take advantage of that by continuing to chase him down so he'd teleport and not be able to do more damage. That would be a weakness, I'd think.

I could also be remembering incorrectly, it's been 4 years at least since I read these books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back